Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part V!

Has anyone had any luck recently with getting a 6 inch custom cake at the GF? I've ordered from there numerous times, but have been told no each time by Pat when I said I wanted a 6 inch with strawberry and custard filling, so have ended up having a larger cake to get the filling we want.

As it's been 3 years since I last tried, I wondered if anything had changed? There is just DD and myself this time and the trip is to celebrate her leaving High school, but don't really want to be eating cake for days

Has anyone had any luck recently with getting a 6 inch custom cake at the GF? I've ordered from there numerous times, but have been told no each time by Pat when I said I wanted a 6 inch with strawberry and custard filling, so have ended up having a larger cake to get the filling we want.

As it's been 3 years since I last tried, I wondered if anything had changed? There is just DD and myself this time and the trip is to celebrate her leaving High school, but don't really want to be eating cake for days
They said no to a 6". Mine had to be 8" which is why I went ahead and got the Tink topper

Quick question I cant seem to find an answer or Im totally looking over it, sorry in advance...
Can you get the chocolate mickey dome cake delivered to a Wishes firework cruise? The cake is $35 right ho much is delivery?

Quick question I cant seem to find an answer or Im totally looking over it, sorry in advance...
Can you get the chocolate mickey dome cake delivered to a Wishes firework cruise? The cake is $35 right ho much is delivery?

Any kind of food for a Wishes cruise—custom cakes, standard cakes, even a full meal—is provided by Private Dining at the resort from which the cruise departs. Private Dining charges an 18% gratuity, 6.5% sales tax and a $3.00 delivery charge.

Any kind of food for a Wishes cruise—custom cakes, standard cakes, even a full meal—is provided by Private Dining at the resort from which the cruise departs. Private Dining charges an 18% gratuity, 6.5% sales tax and a $3.00 delivery charge.
Perfect thank you so much!

Anyone have any recent experience ordering a cake through the Contemporary cake email? How long does it typically take to get a response?

Anyone have any recent experience ordering a cake through the Contemporary cake email? How long does it typically take to get a response?
I am also wondering this. I called last week to Yacht & Beach club and have not heard anything since. I emailed Contemporary yesterday and wonder if they’ll get back to me.
What is the best way to communicate? When do you call or email again if you don’t hear anything?

I am also wondering this. I called last week to Yacht & Beach club and have not heard anything since. I emailed Contemporary yesterday and wonder if they’ll get back to me.
What is the best way to communicate? When do you call or email again if you don’t hear anything?
For Yacht andd Beach I would call the resort number for private dining in the first post not the cake hotline (it is also the people who take room service orders) so it should be manned all the time. For the Contemporary I’d give it a few days and probably email again if no response in a week.

I did call private dining at Y & BC and was told the order would be forwarded to cake people. That was six days ago. Are they super busy getting ready for Easter? I don’t want to bother them, but it seems like a long time to get back to me.

I did call private dining at Y & BC and was told the order would be forwarded to cake people. That was six days ago. Are they super busy getting ready for Easter? I don’t want to bother them, but it seems like a long time to get back to me.

Just got a call ! Thanks to anyone who may have sent my message along!

I e-mailed the Contemporary two different times for a cake this March and got a response within 24 hours each time.

To order the actual cake, you have to call. I left a message on the machine and received a call within 48 hours and it was all take care of.

I e-mailed the Contemporary two different times for a cake this March and got a response within 24 hours each time.

To order the actual cake, you have to call. I left a message on the machine and received a call within 48 hours and it was all take care of.

Arghhh. I sent my email on Friday with pictures of what I want. I guess I'll call within the next few days.

Has anyone gotten a cake from Coronado Springs? I was thinking about the Oreo Cake?

I got a slice of their Oreo cake once. It depends on what you like. I'm a fan of buttercream-frosted cakes and think whipped cream frosting is a total waste of calories cuz it just tastes like air. The Oreo cake is just chocolate cake and whipped cream frosting. If you like whipped cream frosting, you'll love Coronado Springs' cakes!

A fellow Disney bride gave me permission to post this fun cake she got for her parents' anniversary. We don't see a lot of cakes made by the Yacht & Beach Club pastry team, so I thought you'd get a kick out of it!

Where: Yachtsman Steakhouse
When: March 2018
Size: 8 inches
Price: $128 (including $20 for the white chocolate Mickey and Minnie + $5 to paint them with gold accents)
Flavors: Marble cake with chocolate ganache filling and chocolate buttercream under the fondant.

Inspiration:

29261247_10211398899508673_950538123018764288_o_zps4h17yeza.jpg

Result:

29243600_10211398902068737_782087903646842880_o_zpsci4xdzbc.jpg

The YC/BC Pastry team is really knocking it out of the park these days ... they did my Unbirthday Tea Cup mini cake, and while I LOVED it - I LOVE this cake even more!!!

I'm tasking them with a Marathon-themed cake for January, and I'm so excited!

Arghhh. I sent my email on Friday with pictures of what I want. I guess I'll call within the next few days.

I finally got an email back, but from private dining at the Wilderness Lodge asking for me to call to discuss the cake. I'm wanting the cake delivered to the Hoop Dee Doo.. I thought custom cakes at Fort Wilderness were handled by the Contemporary?

I finally got an email back, but from private dining at the Wilderness Lodge asking for me to call to discuss the cake. I'm wanting the cake delivered to the Hoop Dee Doo.. I thought custom cakes at Fort Wilderness were handled by the Contemporary?

Custom cakes are, but first you have to jump through these hoops of proving to Wilderness Lodge that what you want is too complex for them to execute. It's very silly....

Update: called Wilderness Lodge private dining as requested. Jane verified all the details I sent the Contemporary (cake flavor, filling, size design). She then called the Contemporary and verified the price... $153 for a 10" Haunted Mansion themed cake and took my credit card info (wasn't expecting that, but oh well). I think my cake is being made by the Contemporary, so the process of going through the WL was a little odd. So excited about our cake though :Pinkbounc

It's for our rehearsal dinner at the Hoop Dee Doo. I'm doing yellow cake with cream cheese buttercream and fresh strawberry filling. Here is the inspiration picture:

IMG_5642.PNG

But we are getting the portrait of the
Man and woman on top with a chocolate piece that says "Till Death Do Us Part" instead of the gate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!