Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part V!

I dont know if I am helping any one with this or if this info is already around here...any way..the answer I just got asking about podium cakes at BOG at lunch time:

Greetings and thank you for contacting Magic Kingdom Cakes! Please note that this mailbox is no longer monitored. For specialty dessert options available at table service restaurants within the Magic Kingdom, including Be Our Guest (dinner only), Cinderella’s Royal Table, Liberty Tree Tavern, Jungle Skipper Canteen, The Crystal Palace, Tony’s Town Square, and the Wishes Fireworks Dessert Party, please emailWDW.Magic.Kingdom.Specialty.Desserts@Disney.com.
For options available at another park or resort, please call the Cake Hotline at 407-827-2253 and select the option for the corresponding park or resort.
Thank you and Have a Magical Day!

Kindest Regards,
The Special Occasion Coordinator Team
MAGIC KINGDOM® Park
MagicKingdomCakes@disney.com

Has anyone ordered a painted Tow Mater and have a picture they can share? I'm also wondering (size-wise) how that figure would fit on top of a 6" cake.

i have ordered a green army men cake , with camouflage fondant and also an ID tag that will be hand crafted and have my son's name on it. He is getting out of the army and it will be his 27th birthday. He picked Citrico's for his b-day dinner and it will be next week. Pat at the Grand Floridian was very good to work with and think of something to make because I first wanted Chernobog but turns out they don't do that one. I will follow up with a picture after our trip next week.

Has anyone ordered a painted Tow Mater and have a picture they can share? I'm also wondering (size-wise) how that figure would fit on top of a 6" cake.

None of the white chocolate figures fit atop a 6-inch cake. They could put it next to the cake, or you could bump up to an 8-inch cake.

Let me know what bakery you use and what they say I asked for a cars cake from contemporary and only got offered a ton of 2d printed cars images.

Let me know what bakery you use and what they say I asked for a cars cake from contemporary and only got offered a ton of 2d printed cars images.

That's generally the standard offering for character cakes. People seem to have to know about the white chocolate figures and ask about them.

I'm sure this has been asked before, but it just occurred to me, have their ever been specialty/custom cakes for Disney Cruises?

It's the Contemporary that I was planning to use, so I'll be anxious to see how this goes. I'll keep you posted.

I emailed the contemporary email address for a cake to be delivered to Wilderness Lodge. I didn't hear back, so I called WL who confirmed that for a "special" cake, I need to speak to the Contemporary. I guess I'll try calling them tomorrow if I don't see a response email. Fingers crossed i get my Mrs Potts and Chip cake!

I posted this on the weddings forum, but will post here on lurkyloo's recommendation, too:

Erin McKenna's question:

This might be a stretch, but has anyone got an experience with swapping their wedding cake out for a cake from Erin McKenna's Bakery? (Or just if you'd tried any of their cakes for any occasion.) We were given that option because I have several allergies (including gluten) and I'd like to be able to eat my own wedding cake. I've had some of the other treats from the bakery and find them mostly quite good, with quality varying from one product to another. (Donuts = yum. Brownie cupcakes are pretty good too, etc.) I was given a list of flavors to chose from, and just wondered if anyone had good luck with any particular flavors there. We don't live in the States, let alone near one of the bakeries, so we can't test flavors out before the wedding or have anything shipped to try. We're not super picky, but I don't know if one is likely to be better or more moist than another, etc. I've only ever tried their french toastie cupcake, so I don't have much experience with their cakes. I thought that particular cupcake was ok for allergy food, with decent flavor, though a bit dry/firm. Anyone have any reviews?

This is the list of flavors they sent us:
  • The cake flavors include: Vanilla, Vanilla Chocolate Chip, Chocolate Chocolate Chip, Cinnamon Sugar, Pumpkin, Carrot, and Banana. There is also a Chocolate flavor, made only with the agave nectar option. There is also a Red Velvet flavor for an upcharge.
  • The frosting flavors include: Vanilla, Chocolate, Mint, Mocha, Cinnamon, Lemon, and Maple.

I'm making plans for a birthday bash weekend this summer and figuring out my options for cakes. So far we've only ever had custom cakes in MK so they were made by the Contemporary Bakery. Since they've been so great to work with I'd like to use them again, but of course I'll have to find a place other than MK to celebrate. :sad:

I know the Contemporary does cakes for their own resort which would include The Wave and California Grill I believe. I've also seen mention of them providing cakes for WL so I assume that includes both room delivery and their TS restaurants? Is that pretty much it for my options if I want my cake from this bakery?

And I guess from those restaurants if you were celebrating your big 4 0 where would you want to dine? Of those four, I've only been to The Wave and it was a meh experience but I wouldn't count them out. Plans aren't set in stone yet but it looks like it will be adults only.

TIA!

I'm making plans for a birthday bash weekend this summer and figuring out my options for cakes. So far we've only ever had custom cakes in MK so they were made by the Contemporary Bakery. Since they've been so great to work with I'd like to use them again, but of course I'll have to find a place other than MK to celebrate. :sad:

I know the Contemporary does cakes for their own resort which would include The Wave and California Grill I believe. I've also seen mention of them providing cakes for WL so I assume that includes both room delivery and their TS restaurants? Is that pretty much it for my options if I want my cake from this bakery?

And I guess from those restaurants if you were celebrating your big 4 0 where would you want to dine? Of those four, I've only been to The Wave and it was a meh experience but I wouldn't count them out. Plans aren't set in stone yet but it looks like it will be adults only.

TIA!
I would celebrate at Cali Grill or Artist Point (or Artist whatever it is at WL)

TIA!

I was originally hoping for a birthday celebration at CRT and having a cake delivered there. The new policy threw a wrench in that plan, so my Plan B was moving to Chef Mickey's (not my personal favorite, but my kids adore it and it will be fun to have a birthday celebration in that atmosphere). I just got off the phone with The Contemporary today and Chef Brian is making my birthday cake that night.

For what it's worth, the Beach Club/Yacht Club is very easy to work with if you want a custom cake! We went with them for our first custom cake (an 8 inch, back in October - I posted a picture in the prior thread) and it was a very easy and seamless process. The day we were supposed to get it delivered to the marina was the same day they closed WDW for the hurricane. The woman I'd been working with prior to that - Britney - contacted me at my room at BLT and had the cake delivered to our room for $20 cheaper than it was originally! I was so happy that part of our celebration still happened.

I have two mini-cakes being delivered to Akershus in a few weeks and the process was very easy for that as well - I'm not sure if it's The Yacht Club who handles the Epcot deliveries, but regardless, I had both cakes ordered in a matter of minutes and the person on the phone was very helpful.

Waited three days for the contemporary to call me back they wont make anything other than this cake for 150 and as politely as I could told them the cake is terrible. I didn't get anywhere and cancelled the cake.

Had to share my sister's birthday mini cake as it came out so much cuter than I imagined! The only instruction I gave them was that I'd like it to be Belle-themed, with yellow frosting and maybe a red rose on top. I was so thrilled when this little beauty was delivered to our table. It was even glittery! I did one tier chocolate cake and one tier vanilla and both were delicious.

Attachments

• 14JAN2017 654654.jpg
    14JAN2017 654654.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 830

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts