Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part V!

All - I just left a message with OKW about having a cake brought in to our Olivia's dinner, and the taped message says they do not deliver to the room (you must pick cake up at podium at Olivia). Info on page one says they will deliver to your room or to Olivia's, so I just thought I'd let you know. Thank you for keeping this thread updated!!!

Has anyone here had the cookies and cream filling? If so, what did you think? And is this like a mousse that must be refrigerated or is it just regular frosting?

If I order a cake from the Contemporary can I just pick it up there and if so where would I pick it up?

Last time someone here checked, they were told they couldn't pick up a cake, but you might try again and see if you get a different answer. You'd most likely be picking it up at The Wave.

If I want to order a birthday cake to be delivered for my daughter at Chef Mickey's, do I contact the Contemporary? I ordered a cake for my son's 5th birthday at Tusker House last year, and it was a nightmare, ultimately ending up with a cake that was nothing like I wanted. I'm just glad I hid the fact from him, and he loved it. Is the Contemporary generally better to work with?

Yes, contact the Contemporary for Chef Mickey's. The Contemporary is one of the easiest places to work with.

Has anyone here had the cookies and cream filling? If so, what did you think? And is this like a mousse that must be refrigerated or is it just regular frosting?

It is a mousse so it needs to be refrigerated. I wasn't knocked out—it tastes like not-quite-vanilla-not-quite-chocolate.

I say this every time but we love the Bavarian cream with fresh raspberry filling. We usually get it with marble cake but it would be awesome with any number of flavors: chocolate, vanilla, lemon, just about anything will work great and the cream and fresh fruit keeps it fairly light. HTH

Thank you! Light is just what I'm looking for!!

Has anyone ever done a two layer six inch cake (ordering from the Contemporary if that matters). I'm trying to envision the size but would love a pic if anyone has one!

So a bit late with pics but here was the giraffe themed safari cake we got from animal kingdom kidani for my sister's bachelorette party. Was delicious vanilla cake with dark chocolate mousse and vanilla buttercream [GALLERY=]View attachment 207878 View attachment 207879 View attachment 207880 [/GALLERY]

This cake is gorgeous! Can I ask how many layers of cake it was? Looks like two, which is what I think I am going to order but I would love confirmation! Thanks!

I don't think we even talked layers just 8" (smallest offered there for the custom cake). I think it have 2 layers of the mousse and 3 of cake. Although I'm not 100% on that.

A little while back someone posted a photo of the prince cupcake at CRT and it had blue icing and pearl candies around the edge. I just wanted to share that we ordered them in chocolate for our reservation on 11/27 and they came with chocolate icing, with a strip of yellow icing around the bottom. They still had the shield. They were huge and tasted good, but they didn't look as nice as the blue ones. If you want the blue, make sure you order vanilla.

I heard back from Pam today at the Grand Floridian, I was a little shocked when she told me that what I wanted was not possible the way that I wanted it. I wanted a two tier cake, a 3 inch and 5 inch or 6, I was going off of something I had seen on a previous Cake Thread. Pam told me the 3 inch was only available in 3 flavor combinations, vanilla with either white chocolate mousse filling or strawberry mousse filling or chocolate with dark chocolate mouse filling. I had wanted chocolate cake with the peanut butter mousse filling. So i settled for vanilla with white chocolate mousse for the 3 inch. The 6 inch because they don't make a 5 inch I had wanted to be chocolate cake with peanut butter mousse filling. Not possible. She said they don't do peanut butter mousse unless a wedding has requested it and they rarely do. So my 6 inch is chocolate cake with white chocolate mousse. I also wanted it in the style of the Mickey Delight fondant cake, but instead of the little Mickey Heads I had hoped for a larger one which I'm pretty sure I had seen on a previous thread, no can do they only have the little one because I had only wanted a total of 15 of them on the cake for my 15th anniversary. Oh and the price $155. I was shocked and surprised but she seemed a little scatter brained and disorganized when she called me today and then to be told I couldn't have my cake the way that I wanted it.

Based on my experience, please call Pat three days ahead to confirm every detail of your order.

If I want to order a birthday cake to be delivered for my daughter at Chef Mickey's, do I contact the Contemporary? I ordered a cake for my son's 5th birthday at Tusker House last year, and it was a nightmare, ultimately ending up with a cake that was nothing like I wanted. I'm just glad I hid the fact from him, and he loved it. Is the Contemporary generally better to work with?

I have only had great experiences working with the Contemporary Resort bakery team. I've ordered at least 7 different cakes from them and each had exceeded my expectations.

With the changes to come with MK cakes I just had to put in a cake order for our trip next week. I was worried they wouldn't have time as I only emailed them a couple days ago, but dining ADRs were hard to come by with somewhat short notice. I ordered a 6 inch marble cake with chocolate buttercream filling and vanilla buttercream frosting. I asked for a whimsical Christmas theme and suggested fondant snowman with gifts and a Disney touch. They said they could do a Mickey snowman, yay! Quoted $65 for delivery to Jungle Navigation Co. Skipper Canteen next Monday. I'll post back with pics.

And thanks Lurkyloo for confirming the cookies and cream needed to be kept refrigerated. Such a bummer. I asked them what if any other fillings could be kept at room temp and they said only buttercream. I was half tempted to just ask them to crush some oreos in vanilla buttercream, but figured that was too pushy. Oh well, I'm sure it's still going to be delicious.

Has anyone had luck having a two tier mini cake delivered to their room at Pop Century? Also not sure what theme I want for the cake. Anyone have mini cakes they want to share pictures of?

Based on my experience, please call Pat three days ahead to confirm every detail of your order.
I cancelled my cake through Pat at the Grand Floridian. I felt she wouldn't give me what I wanted and that she was so disorganized to even try. I ordered straight from Pop Century and got Lauren. She called me back within 10 minutes of leaving a message not having to leave 3 messages before she called me back, and if she didn't know the answer to the question she called and got it. She didn't just tell me NO and that was it. I could here Lauren clicking on the computer when she took my order which make me more confident. If I can I will try and post a picture. The cake I ordered is not the exact same as what I was going to order from the Grand Floridian but it is at least supposed to look the way I want it too.

We had this cake delivered to Be Our Guest at dinner during our honeymoon. It was delicious (vanilla with white buttercream inside) and gorgeous! It totaled out to $44, and we had only two layers to make it more manageable for 2 people. This was the best part of our dinner at BOG, and it was large enough to share with the table of four next to us since we were too full!

Was it customized?

20161130_162520_zpst9v71pz0.jpeg

Here is the cake we ordered at CBR. It was chocolate with plain white/vanilla filling and frosting. It was delivered to our room and cost $40. My son loved it!

Last edited:
Here is a picture of the Christmas cake that I ordered as a surprise for my mom last month. I worked with Pat at GF to place the order and had it delivered to Narcoossee's on November 13. It was marble cake with chocolate mousse filling and buttercream underneath the fondant. Delicious! Unfortunately, I can't remember what we paid for it. It was either $80 or $100. Our kids had reached their limit, so I had the cake brought out to the table to show my mom, then we quickly boxed it up and took it back to our room to enjoy. I was very happy with how it turned out.

NOTE: please do NOT re-post on other sites. Thank you.

WDW 02_Cake.jpg

Hi. First post. My daughter has a birthday coming up in January, and we have dinner reservations at CRT. I've been anxiously awaiting what my options are for a cake that night. Today, Disney finally got back with me regarding cakes at CRT post Dec 15th and thought I would share....

Greetings Royal Family,

Thank you for contacting Cinderella's Royal Table special events! We offer many enhancements that you can add onto your existing reservation at Cinderella's Royal Table to make your celebration extra Magical!

First, we have our signature dessert. This royal dessert features a chocolate cake with chocolate mousse, covered with a chocolate ganache. This is presented with a strawberry and your choice of a dark chocolate slipper, a white chocolate slipper, or a white chocolate crown, all filled with a chocolate mousse, and decorated with a "Happy Birthday", "Happy Anniversary", or "Congratulations" chocolate piece! This dessert costs $15.00 plus tax and gratuity.

Crown your loved one a Princess for the day with one of our crystal tiaras! Shortly after you arrive, your Royal Attendant will present a tiara adorned with crystals that a family member can place on the guest-of-honor's head, officially crowning her a Princess for the day! We offer a 3-inch tiara for $25.00 and a 5-inch tiara for $40.00, both plus tax and gratuity.

To create a true fairy tale, we offer our Cinderella glass slipper. This will be presented after your meal on a platter of rose petals and is the perfect keepsake for your visit to Cinderella's Castle! This costs $65.00 plus tax and gratuity.

We also offer our 6-inch round cake. This is available in either all vanilla or all chocolate and can be decorated with one of our Mickey Mouse medallions. This cake generally serves up to 6 people and costs $23.00 plus tax and gratuity.

Our Mickey Mouse head cake, which serves up to 10, is in the shape of Mickey's Head and is a chocolate cake with a dark chocolate ganache over top. This cake costs $54.00 plus tax and can be decorated with a "Happy Birthday", "Happy Anniversary" or "Congratulations" chocolate piece!

To officially place your order, we will just need your dining confirmation number for Cinderella's Royal table and your order details. Payment will not be due until you dine with us.

We do require completed order at least 72 business hours prior to your reservation. Payment for any add-ons is not due until you dine with us. We are not able to accept prepayment or third party payment for our enhancements. All pricing and offerings are subject to change without notice. You will receive a confirmation email once your order has been placed. We are in the office Monday-Saturday 8:00am-4:00pm Eastern Standard Time. We are out of the office all day Sunday. Please allow up to 72 hours for a response.

We look forward to hearing from you soon and have a Magical day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!