Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part V!

I would just bring a tube of icing and personalize if you can't make it to pick up a cake elsewhere. They definitely won't personalize or deliver custom cakes to MK anymore. They made that clear when we did an order for last week. I assume you want it specifically for CRT but your other option would be to have it delivered to a restaurant/meal that isn't in MK or just to your room. That's our plan for future trips.

Thanks! We are spending the entire day at MK. PPO breakfast at BOG. So no time to have it delivered to our room.
Unless we have the cake late when we get back to our room (after Wishes). We are staying at the Poly.
Yeah- it looks like I will be bringing the icing! :)
They did tell me they will supply a candle! ;)

So now if I am at Cristal Palace, for example, and ask for a podium cake, can not they even write the name of the birthday boy at the moment of my request?

I can see why they would not. You would be at the mercy of who they have on hand to write the name on the cake. Many guests would expect it to be professional, but WDW is not going to staff someone just to write names on cakes.

I worked at a dinner theater that decided to do cake packages, most ordered ahead of time and their cake had terrific writing. The bake staff would leave some blank cakes in the freezer so guests could order during or after dinner. The messages on these cakes had to be written by the host staff. Anytime I was on cake delivery, I hoped someone else that was decent at the writing was also assigned with me. I loved Halloween time as then I could get away with crooked letters to match the cake designs. The cakes we delivered were not that expensive so most did not care as long as it was readable, but some would get upset if it was not "perfect".

Oh brother! :sad2: Did you call Private Dining or the BoardWalk Bakery directly? I'd just call Private Dining again and hope you get someone different.

I know! I called the number in Post #2 on this thread. When I called that number for my first order and left a message, I think the CM who returned the call said she was from private dining. She mentioned a few times that she was putting me on hold to ask the bakery. Is there a way to contact the bakery directly?

Hmmm.... usually Private Dining is *more* helpful than the bakery, where they just read you their standard cake order form and say that custom options aren't available. I'd call BoardWalk Inn's main number and ask to be transferred to Private Dining and see who you get!

Hmmm.... usually Private Dining is *more* helpful than the bakery, where they just read you their standard cake order form and say that custom options aren't available. I'd call BoardWalk Inn's main number and ask to be transferred to Private Dining and see who you get!

Got it - thank you! After the holiday weekend, I'll see whether I'm still motivated to order a second cake! If so, I'll report back!

It sounds like they do this, but I just want to confirm if we order a Custom Cake they will deliver it via room service? We are staying at the Polynesian. Do we just tell them what time we would like it delivered?

Yes, Private Dining is who you order from and who will deliver the cake. You tell them approximately what time to deliver it.

Grand Floridian
mini wedding cake with tinkerbelle white chocolate figure
$60 plus tax & gratuity

I have to ask, were all these cakes in one trip or are you just getting around to posting your cakes from various trips? From the posts it looks like a cake a day while on vacation which would be an absolute dream to me, lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!