Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part V!

Great looking cake! I wish I could come up with an excuse to order another cake for our upcoming trip LOL!

It was a chocolate cake with the dark chocolate mousse filling and a small amount of the vanilla buttercream btwn the cake and fondant. The cake was delicious!!! Total with delivery and tip was around $120 for a 6 inch. The food and wine sign, cup with Mickey, and the salt shaker are all edible. We are a family of four and it will take us a few days to eat all this cake- Looks small but it’s super filling!

My daughter turns 13 in November while we are in WDW. We have a dessert party on her actual birthday but I would like to get a cake made and delivered for our meal on Thanksgiving at Rose and Crown. Does anyone have any idea if they will do this on that day? Anyone have good pictures of Stitch cakes? She also likes Groot but I am assuming that it might be hard to get approved.

Holidays don’t matter. You can get cakes delivered 365 days a year at Disney. I’d just Google “Stitch cake” for ideas - you’ll probably get results from Disboards cake threads too!

Newbie here with several questions. We'll be celebrating our anniversary with dinner at Jiko. I'd like to have a special dessert and was thinking about either the Mickey Celebration cake or a 2 tier mini cake but would consider a custom 6" cake if it's possible.

Would appreciate hearing other people's experience. Thanks

Animal Kingdom Lodge has refused to do 6-inch cakes and mini cakes pretty regularly in the past. It’s always worth asking, but if you’re OK with the Mickey celebration cake, that will be way easier.

Hello! I ordered as Tangled cake for my mom's birthday last June (I posted photos on here). My husband and I will be returning in January to celebrate our one year anniversary!

We got engaged in front of Spaceship Earth (He asked, "I love you more than anyone on planet earth. Will you marry me?"). It is our favorite ride. I would love to surprise him with a Spaceship Earth themed cake. Has anyone seen or ordered any cakes like this? Thanks!

Sadly, back from our trip! Got our Star Wars anniversary cake on the 23rd at California Grill!! Overall, very happy with it. Giant Jedi Mickey gets the point a crossed without the cake not being approved with the new rules inside was chocolate and cookies n cream and it was delicious. Even after seeing so many on here, I still couldn't believe how huge Mickey ended up being lol. They did great ... Terry at contemporary told me she would note it was a surprise and I just had to remind the hostess once. When we got to dessert my husband asked for a menu and the waiter (Jay, who was amazing all night) gave me an exciting knowing look and then brought back menus to buy some time. The best part was my husband asking me if I wanted to share a piece of chocolate cake LOL. The only disappointment I had was that I was told it would be on my bill at the restaurant and I had planned to use my TIW discount so that it would average out to the full price quoted before. Instead they charged me separately and it tacked on an additional $23 in tax/gratuity that I didn't get to see before the charge. Here it is:

Cake.jpg

Sadly, back from our trip! Got our Star Wars anniversary cake on the 23rd at California Grill!! Overall, very happy with it. Giant Jedi Mickey gets the point a crossed without the cake not being approved with the new rules inside was chocolate and cookies n cream and it was delicious. Even after seeing so many on here, I still couldn't believe how huge Mickey ended up being lol. They did great ... Terry at contemporary told me she would note it was a surprise and I just had to remind the hostess once. When we got to dessert my husband asked for a menu and the waiter (Jay, who was amazing all night) gave me an exciting knowing look and then brought back menus to buy some time. The best part was my husband asking me if I wanted to share a piece of chocolate cake LOL. The only disappointment I had was that I was told it would be on my bill at the restaurant and I had planned to use my TIW discount so that it would average out to the full price quoted before. Instead they charged me separately and it tacked on an additional $23 in tax/gratuity that I didn't get to see before the charge. Here it is:

View attachment 355329
this turned out amazing!!! The Mickey is fabulous! So happy it worked out for you!

I'm confused - Is it possible to "customize" a two tier mini cake? After looking through posts it seems like some places will customize and others won't. Since Jiko won't do a mini cake at all, I was thinking about ordering one at the Boardwalk Bakery (we'll be staying at Dolphin), picking it up and taking it to our dinner at Jiko. I'd like to have a mousse filling (chocolate or fruit) and buttercream frosting. Is this possible? Thanks

Hello! I ordered as Tangled cake for my mom's birthday last June (I posted photos on here). My husband and I will be returning in January to celebrate our one year anniversary!

We got engaged in front of Spaceship Earth (He asked, "I love you more than anyone on planet earth. Will you marry me?"). It is our favorite ride. I would love to surprise him with a Spaceship Earth themed cake. Has anyone seen or ordered any cakes like this? Thanks!

Disney has a small white chocolate Spaceship Earth they can paint metallic silver for you. It might make a good topper on a smaller cake. You can see it in the 2nd photo in my post three pages back.

I'm confused - Is it possible to "customize" a two tier mini cake? After looking through posts it seems like some places will customize and others won't. Since Jiko won't do a mini cake at all, I was thinking about ordering one at the Boardwalk Bakery (we'll be staying at Dolphin), picking it up and taking it to our dinner at Jiko. I'd like to have a mousse filling (chocolate or fruit) and buttercream frosting. Is this possible? Thanks

All mini cakes are custom. There is not really a standardized design, although they do a lot piped mickey heads (see previous page). You just have to contact the place you want one from and see what they can do for you. It helps if you have photos or a drawing of the design.

Hey guys. I think I need someone to talk me down off the ledge. I’m either gonna order a $155 Food and Wine themed 6” cake or come up with a different theme entirely. Why try to be stingy with the extra $75 and not get what I want when I’m spending so much at Disney already. But it’s also $155 on cake. I’m so torn.

View attachment 355329
What flavors did you end up with? And is that a 6"?

Hey guys. I think I need someone to talk me down off the ledge. I’m either gonna order a $155 Food and Wine themed 6” cake or come up with a different theme entirely. Why try to be stingy with the extra $75 and not get what I want when I’m spending so much at Disney already. But it’s also $155 on cake. I’m so torn.

Boy, I'm the wrong person to try and talk you down because I repeatedly spend way more than I should on Disney cakes... One thing to consider: The Grand Floridian actually makes a white chocolate Remy figure that Yacht and Beach Club can probably get for you...

IMG_0834.jpg

(Far far left....)
IMG_0982.jpg

If you put him on top of the cake instead of the 2-D screen prints, you might get more bang for your buck and not need as many of the handmade food items. Although the handmade food items are what I'm most excited to see on this cake. And if you want Remy painted, it'll cost extra... so maybe I'm just driving the price of your cake UP now! :rotfl2:

Boy, I'm the wrong person to try and talk you down because I repeatedly spend way more than I should on Disney cakes... One thing to consider: The Grand Floridian actually makes a white chocolate Remy figure that Yacht and Beach Club can probably get for you...

IMG_0834.jpg

(Far far left....)
IMG_0982.jpg

If you put him on top of the cake instead of the 2-D screen prints, you might get more bang for your buck and not need as many of the handmade food items. Although the handmade food items are what I'm most excited to see on this cake. And if you want Remy painted, it'll cost extra... so maybe I'm just driving the price of your cake UP now! :rotfl2:
Oh jeez! That’s fabulous and adorable. How much do 3D figures run these days usually? What I do like about the 2D figure for Remy is that he can be small and hidden. These 3D figures might be too big for that! I’m most excited about handmade food items too. I’m going to send an email giving the go ahead. What’s a little more money at Disney when you get the wow factor, right? :rolleyes1

I am second guessing flavors. Do you guys think raspberry mouse and raspberries, strawberry mousse and strawberries, or lemon mousse and either raspberries or strawberries would work best with almond cake? I haven’t tried any of them!

Oh jeez! That’s fabulous and adorable. How much do 3D figures run these days usually? What I do like about the 2D figure for Remy is that he can be small and hidden. These 3D figures might be too big for that! I’m most excited about handmade food items too. I’m going to send an email giving the go ahead. What’s a little more money at Disney when you get the wow factor, right? :rolleyes1

I am second guessing flavors. Do you guys think raspberry mouse and raspberries, strawberry mousse and strawberries, or lemon mousse and either raspberries or strawberries would work best with almond cake? I haven’t tried any of them!

I LOVE lemon and raspberries but my favorite WDW filling is Bavarian cream with fresh raspberries...

ETA
I know its heresy in @lurkyloo 's book to put fruit in cake though lol.

Last edited:
I've been going back and forth on how I want my wedding cake to look for March of next year, and decided finally on breaking away from the Polynesian/Tiki theme and going for our true obsession...1980s EPCOT! This is the "design board" that I'm planning on sharing with the baking team. Do you guys think this is specific enough? We have a topper to give them, so I'm hoping that's made clear. Does anyone else with experience with the baking teams (we're getting married at Luau Pointe at the Poly) know what would be good to include? I'd love to sketch an idea to include for them but I'm nowhere near creative or artsy enough to!CAKE INSPO.jpg

I've been going back and forth on how I want my wedding cake to look for March of next year, and decided finally on breaking away from the Polynesian/Tiki theme and going for our true obsession...1980s EPCOT! This is the "design board" that I'm planning on sharing with the baking team. Do you guys think this is specific enough? We have a topper to give them, so I'm hoping that's made clear. Does anyone else with experience with the baking teams (we're getting married at Luau Pointe at the Poly) know what would be good to include? I'd love to sketch an idea to include for them but I'm nowhere near creative or artsy enough to!View attachment 355882

The wedding cakes team at the Grand Floridian will be making your cake, so you are in good hands. However, I am worried that there are so many disparate ideas in your board that they will just end up slapping all these images on the sides of the cake as screen prints, like this:

Image-1_zpskwus4zyh.png

...Which is great if that's what you want. But if you want more of an interpretive cake, I would definitely add a note that you do not want screen prints.

I understand how hard it is to communicate your ideas when you're not an artist. I'm HORRIBLE at drawing, so I always have my husband do it. But maybe you could get the pastry team to send YOU a sketch of what they *think* you want based on these ideas. I've seen them do this a few times with Disney brides, but I'm not sure it's standard practice. Still, it never hurts to ask.

I've been going back and forth on how I want my wedding cake to look for March of next year, and decided finally on breaking away from the Polynesian/Tiki theme and going for our true obsession...1980s EPCOT! This is the "design board" that I'm planning on sharing with the baking team. Do you guys think this is specific enough? We have a topper to give them, so I'm hoping that's made clear. Does anyone else with experience with the baking teams (we're getting married at Luau Pointe at the Poly) know what would be good to include? I'd love to sketch an idea to include for them but I'm nowhere near creative or artsy enough to!View attachment 355882
I absolutely LOVE this theme. I understand your instructions as written but agree with @lurkyloo in terms of making sure it's not all print screens. Definitely ask them to send you a sketch. I would think they'd want to get this right and make your day magical!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!