Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part V!

Hello, last update until I post pics on Tuesday, 7/30 from the Sci-Fi Drive-In.

$75 for 8" vanilla with raspberry mousse and white buttercream icing (smoothed to resemble fondant)
Fab 50 in three dimensional letters, not printed on a piece of white chocolate. Not sure that those letter will be standing, but they will be dimensional in fondant. Fondant stars/fireworks on sticks.

Cake will also have a fondant silver slipper icon and several other icon silhouettes around the sides of the cake. These icons actually represent the characters of the family members who are traveling with me. Hopefully it will resemble the T-shirt (photo attached) that I helped design which I will wear on my birthday on Thursday at MK.

Will post pics and review next week!!! Thanks for all your advice!

Attachments

• bday.jpg
    bday.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 142
What are the odds of getting a 6 inch carrot cake from GF? Thread says vanilla or chocolate but would really like it to be carrot. Or - maybe a vanilla cake with a fruit mousse filling.

I will definitely ask but wondered if anyone had done this. Thanks

What are the odds of getting a 6 inch carrot cake from GF? Thread says vanilla or chocolate but would really like it to be carrot. Or - maybe a vanilla cake with a fruit mousse filling.

I will definitely ask but wondered if anyone had done this. Thanks
I ordered red velvet from the GF previously and when I ordered Pat specifically mentioned that since I ordered enough in advance (IIRC, about two months prior?) they could do red velvet instead of chocolate/vanilla. I would definitely call and ask, and I would say the earlier you call, the better!

Hello, last update until I post pics on Tuesday, 7/30 from the Sci-Fi Drive-In.

$75 for 8" vanilla with raspberry mousse and white buttercream icing (smoothed to resemble fondant)
Fab 50 in three dimensional letters, not printed on a piece of white chocolate. Not sure that those letter will be standing, but they will be dimensional in fondant. Fondant stars/fireworks on sticks.

Cake will also have a fondant silver slipper icon and several other icon silhouettes around the sides of the cake. These icons actually represent the characters of the family members who are traveling with me. Hopefully it will resemble the T-shirt (photo attached) that I helped design which I will wear on my birthday on Thursday at MK.

Will post pics and review next week!!! Thanks for all your advice!

Can't wait to see it. I need to order a birthday cake for my aunt (78) and your design might be something I use!!

What is the custard with strawberries filling like? Is it pudding/pastry cream with strawberries? Is it better (subjective I know 🙃) than the custard with strawberries? Thanks

Here is this week's Disney Wedding Podcast cake, complete with Hidden Mickey! (The ruffles are made out of hand-painted strips of modeling chocolate!)

45723598_10161199157580360_8945918377893822464_o_zpsokfk0bay.jpg

46013265_10161199145405360_5189997089886568448_o_zpsiphmldn1.jpg

45868972_10161199157790360_7808609547559370752_o_zpshn36wzso.jpg

45702466_10161199164750360_2193726152126758912_o_zpsv3atoqud.jpg

45722936_10161199163680360_2610359815452491776_o_zpsmqahpqxa.jpg

45801765_10161199147845360_1382808641282768896_o_zpskyeltpsn.jpg

45816350_10161199147660360_7180334198127853568_o_zpsz45efzwc.jpg

45814594_10161199146570360_5460614118689996800_o_zps9pnz6cno.jpg

Hello, longtime reader- first time question asker lol!
I apologize if this question has been asked, there are hundreds of pages and I’m doing my best to sift through them and take it all in. We will be celebrating my daughter’s first birthday this August. I have a reservation for Hollywood and Vine lunch- My question is: I am staying at the Beach Club, do I contact private dining at Beach Club regarding having a cake made and delivered to Hollywood and Vine? Or is this something that I take up with Hollywood and Vine, or do I contact Hollywood studios? I really want this to be as ideal as possible, please point me in the right direction!!

Hello, longtime reader- first time question asker lol!
I apologize if this question has been asked, there are hundreds of pages and I’m doing my best to sift through them and take it all in. We will be celebrating my daughter’s first birthday this August. I have a reservation for Hollywood and Vine lunch- My question is: I am staying at the Beach Club, do I contact private dining at Beach Club regarding having a cake made and delivered to Hollywood and Vine? Or is this something that I take up with Hollywood and Vine, or do I contact Hollywood studios? I really want this to be as ideal as possible, please point me in the right direction!!

My best advice is to read page 1. There's information on how to order a cake for Hollywood Studio's restaurants plus there's a link to show what the HS Pastry team has been creating. Page 1 is updated by @lurkyloo who does a wonderful job maintaining any new info as it is released to the public.

My best advice is to read page 1. There's information on how to order a cake for Hollywood Studio's restaurants plus there's a link to show what the HS Pastry team has been creating. Page 1 is updated by @lurkyloo who does a wonderful job maintaining any new info as it is released to the public.
Thank you so much for taking the time to help me out !!!

Can anyone please help me.
I've reading conflicting information regarding mini 2 tier cakes and whether they can be ordered for delivery to your hotel room at AKL - does anyone know if this is possible?
I've read the first page of this thread bout it but I've read the opposite elsewhere so just wanted to check in case it's changed since this thread was first started as it was a while ago haha x

I've reading conflicting information regarding mini 2 tier cakes and whether they can be ordered for delivery to your hotel room at AKL - does anyone know if this is possible?
I've read the first page of this thread bout it but I've read the opposite elsewhere so just wanted to check in case it's changed since this thread was first started as it was a while ago haha x
While anything can change at any time @lurkyloo does update the first post as soon as she is aware of any changes. Your best bet is to call them and ask. Then you can come back and update us here

Last edited:

my only experience ordering a cake to my room at AKL was a couple years ago (2014 or 2015...i can’t remember right now!), but then the smallest cake they would make was 8”. so no mini 2 tier cakes.

buuuuuut i agree that lurkyloo will have the best and most up-to-date info, and there’s no harm in calling and checking.

my only experience ordering a cake to my room at AKL was a couple years ago (2014 or 2015...i can’t remember right now!), but then the smallest cake they would make was 8”. so no mini 2 tier cakes.

buuuuuut i agree that lurkyloo will have the best and most up-to-date info, and there’s no harm in calling and checking.
Thank you, I'll give them a ring shortly ☺

Well, my cake ordering for my DD's birthday this past Friday was a big bust. I called Contemporary Resort Private Dining about 3 weeks prior and talked to someone who took down all the information for the cake, my contact info, delivery to California Grill, my Cali Grill reservation time and reservation number, my credit card, etc.

Then, after I ordered, I read in one of these threads that someone didn't have their cake delivered to Cali Grill and they would *not* recommend ordering cakes from the Contemporary private dining. I got a little nervous, so I called two days in advance of the big date (on Wednesday) and talked to a different person at Contemporary Private Dining, who reconfirmed everything. I also called WDW Dining and had them note on my Cali Grill reservation that a cake was ordered. I felt pretty confident that everything was noted and reconfirmed.

Well, on Friday, after we finished the main meal and were getting ready for HEA (and yes, cake), one of the Cali Grill managers (Scott) came by to talk to me. He said they saw the note about the cake, but they didn't have a cake order for me in the back. uh, uh. He asked about how I had ordered it and who I talked to and what the cake was supposed to be. I gave him all the information about the cake, ordering through Contemporary Private Dining, reconfirming on Wednesday, etc. He said he would check with them, but if they didn't have a cake, he would send a Mickey chocolate ganache cake, on the house. When we returned from HEA, the regular Mickey chocolate ganache cake appeared. Cali grill was great, they really tried their best, but at the end of the day, Contemporary Private Dining did not do the cake that was ordered. Would NOT recommend using Contemporary. Seems like other places around are doing a much better job.

Last edited:
Well, my cake ordering for my DD's birthday this past Friday was a big bust. I called Contemporary Resort Private Dining about 3 weeks prior and talked to someone who took down all the information for the cake, my contact info, delivery to California Grill, my Cali Grill reservation time and reservation number, my credit card, etc.

Then, after I ordered, I read in one of these threads that someone didn't have their cake delivered to Cali Grill and they would *not* recommend ordering cakes from the Contemporary private dining. I got a little nervous, so I called two days in advance of the big date (on Wednesday) and talked to a different person at Contemporary Private Dining, who reconfirmed everything. I also called WDW Dining and had them note on my Cali Grill reservation that a cake was ordered. I felt pretty confident that everything was noted and reconfirmed.

Well, on Friday, after we finished the main meal and were getting ready for HEA (and yes, cake), one of the Cali Grill managers (Scott) came by to take to me. He said they saw the note about the cake, but they didn't have a cake order for me in the back. uh, uh. He asked about how I had ordered it and who I talked to and what the cake was supposed to be. I game him all the information about the cake, ordering through Contemporary Private Dining, reconfirming on Wednesday, etc. He said he would check with them, but if they didn't have a cake, he would send a Mickey chocolate ganache cake on the house. When we returned from HEA, the regular Mickey chocolate ganache cake appeared. Cali grill was great, they really tried their best, but at the end of the day, Contemporary Private Dining did not do the cake that was ordered. Would NOT recommend using Contemporary. Seems like other places around are doing a much better job.

That's terrible. I mean, how hard is it, really?

Placed an order with Pat for an 8” cake to be served during a private fireworks cruise in September. She only offered me a choice of chocolate or vanilla cake (which was ok as we have some allergies in our group, but I know they can do others!) and chocolate or vanilla mousse filling, or chocolate, vanilla or cookies and cream buttercream filling. We opted for chocolate cake and the cookies and cream filling, with a “fireworks design” on dark blue fondant. Excited to see what they come up with!! Prepaid since it will be delivered to the Poly. Cost was $90. Will post pictures in a few weeks!!

I can't wait to see all the fireworks designs we've heard about lately - I may switch up my theme for my cake in October! Please post pics when you can!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts