Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part V!

My son got his chocolates boxed to go also as they were just stuffed!!
It was a running joke for a while in my family ~server come over with tray of chocolates “and what will the bride have?” “A box, the bride would like a box!”

Has anyone with nut allergies ordered a custom cake recently? Just wondering if they accommodate.

We had a cake in June with my toddler with a peanut allergy as part of the group. We worked with YC/BC private dining. They can't absolutely guarantee no nut contamination, but I was told they try to make the cake before anything with the allergen is made in the area. I was pretty comfortable with it since they deal with food allergens a lot, and although my toddler didn't want the "cake", he absolutely enjoyed the chocolate frosting and the chocolate mousse filling 😉

Anyone got a contact e-mail for Boardwalk Bakery? Trying to order a 2 Tier Mini Cake, leave messages & no call back :-(

SD

I am hoping to have a Zebra Dome birthday cake at Tiffins. Does anyone know if that is possible? This would be in October.

Anyone got a contact e-mail for Boardwalk Bakery? Trying to order a 2 Tier Mini Cake, leave messages & no call back :-(

SD

There is no general cake email for BoardWalk Bakery. Call the main number for BoardWalk Inn and ask to be transferred to Private Dining to place your order.

I am hoping to have a Zebra Dome birthday cake at Tiffins. Does anyone know if that is possible? This would be in October.

You need to call the number for Animal Kingdom cakes listed in Post #2 and ask in order to get the most up-to-date info.

Post number 2 from this thre
There is no general cake email for BoardWalk Bakery. Call the main number for BoardWalk Inn and ask to be transferred to Private Dining to place your order.

You need to call the number for Animal Kingdom cakes listed in Post #2 and ask in order to get the most up-to-date info.
Post 2 from this thread or for Cake Chatter part II? Thanks!

I'm looking for some suggestions to help make this happen. Here's what's going on:
My sister is turning 60 and taking her entire family to Disney to celebrate & they're all staying at POP. I want to make sure she gets a cake and from what I've read here and on Disney Travel Babble, if i order it to get delivered to a meal the cost will get added to their bill.
If I order it to get delivered to their resort (confusing here, goes to food court or their room??) will i get to pay for the cake when I place the order?
I need to call the number for POP from the 2nd post and I can ask for any cake type/size that is offered from The Boardwalk, correct?

NOW, what cake? I don't want to break the bank here, don't want anything super intricate or crazy, just to help mark the day. Don't care what flavours/colours/theme are used, simple is fine by me! (I do know that she would HATE that dome cake) Depending on how/when/where the cake gets delivered, either the smallest basic cake so all 8 of them can have some if it needs to be picked up at the food court (I'll ask her daughter to get it) OR if it can get delivered to the room, then a mini-cake would be awesome.

Well my plans of surprising everyone with a cake at Citricos is falling through. We are trying to remain flexible with plans and get back into the park in the early evening.

Anyway - has anyone ordered a custom cake from Amorette's or Coronado Springs? I can easily pick up the cake at DS, but just want to have some options. I'm hesitant to order from Coronado Springs because I heard it's through Rix Cafe? Anyway, would like to see some of their work before I decide to go that route. Any input is appreciated!

Well my plans of surprising everyone with a cake at Citricos is falling through. We are trying to remain flexible with plans and get back into the park in the early evening.

Anyway - has anyone ordered a custom cake from Amorette's or Coronado Springs? I can easily pick up the cake at DS, but just want to have some options. I'm hesitant to order from Coronado Springs because I heard it's through Rix Cafe? Anyway, would like to see some of their work before I decide to go that route. Any input is appreciated!

Can't help you but am interested to hear about getting something at Amorette's for a Citricos dinner.

Our arrival day has us having the big birthday dinner at Citricos at 5:15 p.m. I'm getting into Disney early and could most certainly get over to DS before dinner and get the cake.

What problems are you having that are causing things to fall through?

Can't help you but am interested to hear about getting something at Amorette's for a Citricos dinner.

Our arrival day has us having the big birthday dinner at Citricos at 5:15 p.m. I'm getting into Disney early and could most certainly get over to DS before dinner and get the cake.

What problems are you having that are causing things to fall through?
I wasn't going to order Amorette's for Citricos - I would definitely suggest working with the GF team if you have a reservation at Citricos.

It looks like we won't need our reservation at Citricos because we want to be able to get back to AK that evening, and we'll have my 1 year old nephew with us so we need to be able to eat early and get over there fast.

I looked at the Amorette's options and none of the flavor options look too appealing, so I may work with the Coronado Springs team to see if they can arrange a room delivery for us. I just haven't seen anyone here post about an experience with them so not sure what to expect.

I wasn't going to order Amorette's for Citricos - I would definitely suggest working with the GF team if you have a reservation at Citricos.

It looks like we won't need our reservation at Citricos because we want to be able to get back to AK that evening, and we'll have my 1 year old nephew with us so we need to be able to eat early and get over there fast.

I looked at the Amorette's options and none of the flavor options look too appealing, so I may work with the Coronado Springs team to see if they can arrange a room delivery for us. I just haven't seen anyone here post about an experience with them so not sure what to expect.

Ah, got it. Thanks!

Hello all!

Looking for some help or at least a place to start. Our next WDW trip starts January 26th, my BFs 39th birthday. I've got a dinner reservation at 50's Prime Time, our favorite restaurant. I'm hoping our favorite server Cousin Adam will be working, because he embarrassed the crap outta me on my birthday last December and now it's the BF's turn. LOL I was laughing, crying, and at least a few different shades of red. I'd love to have a cake delivered after our meal.

Anyhow, what I'm looking for is relatively simple. Chocolate chocolate and even more chocolate. Dark chocolate if possible. A small two layer cake with teeny mickey heads piped on it and a set of chocolate mickey ears on top, plus some personalization somewhere. Plate is fine. Price isn't really an issue at all. Any ideas? Thanks so much in advance.

I've been told that at times I'm too wordy so my questions don't get answered -- let's try again:
  1. Sister's turning 60 & is staying at Pop
  2. I call the Pop # and can get a cake that's made at Boardwalk
  3. Will the cake get delivered to room? If so I want a mini-cake, that's possible?
  4. Will the cake get delivered to food court? If so i want the smallest basic cake possible -- looks like 8"?
  5. Can i pay when i order so she has no bill?
THANKS!

I'm looking for some suggestions to help make this happen. Here's what's going on:
My sister is turning 60 and taking her entire family to Disney to celebrate & they're all staying at POP. I want to make sure she gets a cake and from what I've read here and on Disney Travel Babble, if i order it to get delivered to a meal the cost will get added to their bill.
If I order it to get delivered to their resort (confusing here, goes to food court or their room??) will i get to pay for the cake when I place the order?
I need to call the number for POP from the 2nd post and I can ask for any cake type/size that is offered from The Boardwalk, correct?

NOW, what cake? I don't want to break the bank here, don't want anything super intricate or crazy, just to help mark the day. Don't care what flavours/colours/theme are used, simple is fine by me! (I do know that she would HATE that dome cake) Depending on how/when/where the cake gets delivered, either the smallest basic cake so all 8 of them can have some if it needs to be picked up at the food court (I'll ask her daughter to get it) OR if it can get delivered to the room, then a mini-cake would be awesome.

I've been told that at times I'm too wordy so my questions don't get answered -- let's try again:

1. Sister's turning 60 & is staying at Pop
  2. I call the Pop # and can get a cake that's made at Boardwalk
  3. Will the cake get delivered to room? If so I want a mini-cake, that's possible?
  4. Will the cake get delivered to food court? If so i want the smallest basic cake possible -- looks like 8"?
  5. Can i pay when i order so she has no bill?
THANKS!

You should be able to have them deliver the cake to the room, and BoardWalk is capable of making mini-cakes. You should also be able to pay when you place your order, since there is no Private Dining at Pop to bill the cake directly to the room. However, if you aren't going to be with your sister, I'm a bit worried about what will happen if someone forgets to deliver a cake she knows nothing about and you aren't there to call and ask after it.

Hello all!

Looking for some help or at least a place to start. Anyhow, what I'm looking for is relatively simple. Chocolate chocolate and even more chocolate. Dark chocolate if possible. A small two layer cake with teeny mickey heads piped on it and a set of chocolate mickey ears on top, plus some personalization somewhere. Plate is fine. Price isn't really an issue at all. Any ideas? Thanks so much in advance.

You can relay this description to the cake contact at Hollywood Studios verbatim and they'll be able to make you something great! The phone number is in Post #2 of this thread.

You should be able to have them deliver the cake to the room, and BoardWalk is capable of making mini-cakes. You should also be able to pay when you place your order, since there is no Private Dining at Pop to bill the cake directly to the room. However, if you aren't going to be with your sister, I'm a bit worried about what will happen if someone forgets to deliver a cake she knows nothing about and you aren't there to call and ask after it.

this is great news! I'm not going but I've roped her daughter into helping me with this. She has the obnoxious 60th napkins and plates that she's taking in her diaper bag when they go to boma for breakie. My sister isn't happy about turning 60 but it will take more than leaving the country to keep me from pointing that out 😜
I did think that the cake would be better in the resort so she can actually appreciate it, thanks for your help

I was hesitant about getting a cake from YC a couple years back for my BFF's birthday surprise - mostly, because no one was really requesting fun cakes or posting pictures or what they had delivered to the room.

You know what? It was the BEST cake I've ever seen in my life and it's cool now to see what the YC/BC pastry team is doing two years later.

With the new Gran Destino Tower at Coronado Springs and all the offerings they have, I would at least try to see if Coronado can do something for you first before you stress yourself over other options.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!