Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part V!

This might be an odd request but has anyone use the cake hotline to order desserts other than cake? I'm planning a bachelorette weekend and we're all arriving from different origin points within a few hours of each other and I thought it might be great to greet the girls with some macarons and champagne. The floral line won't bring me macarons and their champagne/wine/beer isn't chilled :crazy2: I also have a vegan in the group so I need something to accommodate her.

I've reached out to a few different outlets but I'm waiting on a call back.

This might be an odd request but has anyone use the cake hotline to order desserts other than cake? I'm planning a bachelorette weekend and we're all arriving from different origin points within a few hours of each other and I thought it might be great to greet the girls with some macarons and champagne. The floral line won't bring me macarons and their champagne/wine/beer isn't chilled :crazy2: I also have a vegan in the group so I need something to accommodate her.

If you're staying at a Deluxe resort, Private Dining can bring you Champagne and cake alternatives (though what those are varies by location; macarons may or may not be an option). Just call the number (see Post #2) for the resort where you/they are staying.

If you’re staying at a deluxe resort I know you can get chilled champagne and I’d bet they’re have macarons or other cake alternative

If you're staying at a Deluxe resort, Private Dining can bring you Champagne and cake alternatives (though what those are varies by location; macarons may or may not be an option). Just call the number (see Post #2) for the resort where you/they are staying.
If you’re staying at a deluxe resort I know you can get chilled champagne and I’d bet they’re have macarons or other cake alternative
Unfortunately we are not staying deluxe, we are at Art of Animation. I’ve reached out to amorette’s. As a last resort I can purchase from them and transport it on my own....but then how do I keep the champagne cold!? I might reach out to Boardwalk private dining to see if they can help me out.

After following these threads for 5+ years, I finally ordered a cake! We will be at AKL, and the cake is supposed to be delivered to the room on the day of our check-in. (They said someone would need to be there, but I don't think that is accurate, as long as we are checked in.) This is going to be long, but hopefully my ordering experience can help someone.

Ordering took longer than I expected, with the call right at 45 minutes, so make sure to set aside some time to call. We have a dietary restriction (gelatin) and there was a lot of back and forth with the woman at private dining confirming what would work for us. For the record, all of the mousse fillings do contain gelatin. In lieu of the strawberry mousse, I did a custard with fresh strawberries in a vanilla cake with vanilla buttercream. I was happy to hear that the buttercream in the custom cakes does not contain gelatin like the cupcakes in the park, because the cupcakes always look so fun but we can't eat them.

The decor of the cake was another matter. I wanted the "safari sunset" cake that has been shown in this thread several times. However, I did want a standing image of Mickey in his safari gear on the top of the cake. At first, she absolutely refused to include Mickey because she said that he would not match the theme. I insisted that she look through the images that they can use, because I knew that there was at least one safari themed Mickey. She did ultimately find an image of him looking through binoculars and asked the bakery if they would be willing to include that. I told her that he could be in front of or between the giraffes, as if he was looking for them but they were behind him. They agreed to that design.

Here is a breakdown of the costs:
8" Vanilla cake with buttercream $40
Custard and fresh strawberry filling $6
Standing Mickey image $30
Two giraffe heads (not charged)

Then two additional fees, $5 and $20, that I cannot remember. I believe the first was the private dining and the second gratuity? All in all, it is right at $100 for the cake. It was a little more than I wanted to spend, but hopefully it all comes together just like I am envisioning. I will definitely post pictures in about a month.

Unfortunately we are not staying deluxe, we are at Art of Animation. I’ve reached out to amorette’s. As a last resort I can purchase from them and transport it on my own....but then how do I keep the champagne cold!? I might reach out to Boardwalk private dining to see if they can help me out.
Ask the concierge for additional ice buckets. We've chilled champagne in ice buckets many times.

149 pages! I made it to the end!

Has anyone tried to send a cake to Olga’s? It’s kinda not a real restaurant, but I did have to make reservations with a credit card.

BoardWalk Private Dining does not deliver to Art of Animation. I would stick the Champagne in the mini fridge or use ice buckets as @tarheelmjfan suggested.

This week's Disney Wedding Podcast cake was made by Aulani!

Our%20Disney%20Aulani%20Wedding%20-%20June%2028%202019%20182%20of%201468_zpsnknrz51d.jpg

Our%20Disney%20Aulani%20Wedding%20-%20June%2028%202019%201112%20of%201468_zpsbyk89q1t.jpg

Our%20Disney%20Aulani%20Wedding%20-%20June%2028%202019%201111%20of%201468_zpshsmsx3cl.jpg

Just got off the phone with Pat at the GF:

For our 5 year anniversary trip, I wanted a smaller version of our wedding cake for our dinner at 'Ohana. We were married at WDW so the GF made the cake and she was able to look up our Banquet and Event Order/Pictures so it was easy for her to see the cake right on the same call. No need to e-mail or for multiple calls. Due to the design, Pat said they couldn't do it in a mini-cake (there's just the two of us so we'll be eating cake all week...I'm not sad!)

Quoted $125: Delivery October 28, 2019 to 'Ohana - 6 inch 'tall' cake with ivory fondant with white buttercream underneath, cream and pink sugar gum flowers; yellow cake with raspberry mousse filling

She did say for Poly cakes they charge the credit card when the order is placed. I've attached a picture of our wedding cake (it was ivory fondant, the uplighting makes it look a little yellow)...we'll see how close the anniversary cake comes to it :-) I'll post a follow-up picture.wedding cake.jpg

Here's what I requested:
- 6" lavender cake, strawberry basil mousse filling
- deep blue fondant (originally requested buttercream, but the bakery made the point that dark buttercream will stain our mouths/teeth and alter the taste, so fondant it is)
- gold Mickey head constellation piped on top of cake
- a few real-life constellations on sides of cake, with some stars filling the "open sky"
- price quote: $69

LAVENDER cake with STRAWBERRY BASIL mousse!

Whoa is Yacht Club knocking it out of the park! I've had to fight for "custom" flavours like red velvet in the past!

Was this an option you requested or did you get a range of amazing flavours offered? I can't wait to hear all about your cake!

We just got back and i ordered a zebra dome cake as a surprise for my husband on our anniversary trip. To be honest, I ordered it because it was easy, simple, and cheaper than a custom. I have done customs in the past and just wanted a little something special but smaller.

Ordering went great, easy peasy, but they did tell me we had to be in the room for it to be delivered, which I didnt realize. I also didnt ask the price since it was listed here as $45.

Delivering was speedy, I called the number and told them we were in the room and they cane pretty fast. I was a little shocked at the price when she handed me the bill and it said 68$ and then I had to tip as well, so the grand total was 73$. I didnt spend much time looking at the bill because I didnt want to make a big deal but I did see "customization" charge of 20$ so I'm assuming that is what bumped the price up. I wasnt told I would be charged extra when I asked for them to write Happy 28th Anniversary and she told me they could put it on the board, but that's the only thing that could be considered customizing.

It was the gesture, so honestly I didnt care, but wanted other people to be aware when making their cake choices!

Also, I didnt realize this is almost completely mousse, and there is not much cake, I will add a pic so you can see the thin layer of cake at the bottom. It tasted ok and like I said, it was the gesture, so we enjoyed it. (I will have to add the inside pic later, it's on my camera and not my phone)

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1568582805738.jpg
    FB_IMG_1568582805738.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
If I order a cake for Rose & Crown, where will that come from? It’s the DH’s 50th. Would they be able to do something ‘Halloween’ themed? Or Haunted Mansion? I’ve seen some of the INCREDIBLE HM cakes!!
Anyone with experience ordering for R&C?

@PammyRoo Rose & Crown's cakes are made by Epcot (see Post #2). I recently had them make me a mini cake for Rose & Crown that turned out great. You should have no problem getting a Halloween or Haunted Mansion themed cake.

We are staying Club Level at Beach Club in December. Can I request a cake through Disney Signature Services? Or should I go the standard route?

@MemphisVanessa It'll be a lot easier to just call the direct number for Yacht & Beach Club Private Dining in Post #2 and cut out the middle man, especially if you have a very specific design in mind.

Sitting at chef Mickey's, totally bummed about my daughter's cake. Ordered and confirmed Aug 5th with the contemporary bakery. And there is no cake to be found anywhere. This is the third birthday that we've ordered from this bakery. Never an issue-until now. Now I have a dolled up little 3 year old belle with no birthday cake. Bummer. Anyone else have this issue?

Sitting at chef Mickey's, totally bummed about my daughter's cake. Ordered and confirmed Aug 5th with the contemporary bakery. And there is no cake to be found anywhere. This is the third birthday that we've ordered from this bakery. Never an issue-until now. Now I have a dolled up little 3 year old belle with no birthday cake. Bummer. Anyone else have this issue?

Oh no! I'm so sorry! :( Has the server done anything to make up for it, like offer the pre-made Mickey ears cake?

Unfortunately, this has happened to many others over the years, at pretty much every Disney restaurant. I always recommend calling 2 or 3 days before to reconfirm everything, but even that doesn't always guarantee you'll actually get a cake. What a bummer. The Contemporary used to be such a great place for custom cakes.

LAVENDER cake with STRAWBERRY BASIL mousse!

Whoa is Yacht Club knocking it out of the park! I've had to fight for "custom" flavours like red velvet in the past!

Was this an option you requested or did you get a range of amazing flavours offered? I can't wait to hear all about your cake!

😸 It was an option I requested, one of the dangers of reading all the great info Carrie's collated over the years! They never said anything about the flavors besides confirming that they would do it -- they treated it like an ordinary request. I assume part of the cake price was a "special" flavor upcharge though.

We just got back last night, so I will write a post complete with photos (once I pull them off my phone) later this week!

Also, I am shocked to hear that about the red velvet! :confused: It's such a beloved flavor, I would think it'd be readily available.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!