Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part V!

I ordered my cake today. I went back and forth a bit on whether I wanted to do it or not, but I am happy I did. I called Pat, I just love her. We always have a nice talk. I ordered a six inch open hat box cake. I am not sure I have seen a Disney themed one before. I asked for tropical filling/white cake, but unless a cake is being made w/ it.. it wont be available. I will cross my fingers, as I really enjoy that flavour. I'm excited to see how it turns out.

I could use some input from your creative minds :). I've ordered cakes in the past and had good luck with the results, but this one has me stumped. We'll be visiting in January, and I'd like a cake at our meal at Akershus to mark my daughter's 16th birthday. She is a huge Marvel fan - Iron Man is her favourite - but I understand they can't make Marvel cakes (is that still the case?). I was thinking of having something that "suggests" Marvel, instead. For example, a cake covered in fondant that that looks like space/night sky, with the infinity stones on top (not sure what they would be made of...some kind of sugar? This is why I need help, I don't know what I'm asking for!). And then we have them write "We love you 3000". Does anyone have other suggestions for a Marvel cake that isn't *obviously* a Marvel cake?

@PrincessYoda I'd definitely check with Epcot and see if they have Marvel screen prints available—you never know! Then again, I like your idea better than a screen print. They might be able to make the infinity stones out of sugar and even have them light up! They made the flames for my volcano cake out of sugar...

Carriatricks%209th%20Anniversary%20-%20082_zpshlbpilil.jpg

@PrincessYoda I'd definitely check with Epcot and see if they have Marvel screen prints available—you never know! Then again, I like your idea better than a screen print. They might be able to make the infinity stones out of sugar and even have them light up! They made the flames for my volcano cake out of sugar...

Carriatricks%209th%20Anniversary%20-%20082_zpshlbpilil.jpg
Lurkyloo, that would be amazing!

I am looking for some ideas for a cake for my mother for her birthday. I had trouble thinking of really positive mothers in Disney movies oddly. The closest I could think of is the Fairy Godmother. Anyone got any ideas for a birthday cake for a mom? She mostly likes the classic movies (peter pan, Cinderella, Sleeping beauty, that era). Thanks.

I’m too new to post a picture here, but I ordered and received a beautiful Cinderella cake about 10 days ago at the Yachtsman Steakhouse. Ordering was easy, they were responsive, and the cake was beautiful and yummy. I ordered a 10 inch marble cake with chocolate buttercream filling and white buttercream between the cake and blue fondant. I requested pumpkins, a clock, flowers and I picked the 6 inch white chocolate Cinderella with gold details. Price was $130. My daughter was thrilled with it. If there is a way I can send a picture for posting I’m happy to do so.

I’m too new to post a picture here, but I ordered and received a beautiful Cinderella cake about 10 days ago at the Yachtsman Steakhouse. Ordering was easy, they were responsive, and the cake was beautiful and yummy. I ordered a 10 inch marble cake with chocolate buttercream filling and white buttercream between the cake and blue fondant. I requested pumpkins, a clock, flowers and I picked the 6 inch white chocolate Cinderella with gold details. Price was $130. My daughter was thrilled with it. If there is a way I can send a picture for posting I’m happy to do so.
@lurkyloo

I am looking for some ideas for a cake for my mother for her birthday. I had trouble thinking of really positive mothers in Disney movies oddly. The closest I could think of is the Fairy Godmother. Anyone got any ideas for a birthday cake for a mom? She mostly likes the classic movies (peter pan, Cinderella, Sleeping beauty, that era). Thanks.

Let’s see... Mrs. Darling from Lady & The Tramp ends up a mother by the end of the movie. What if the cake looked like the hatbox Lady came in?

I think you also have too few posts for me to PM you, but if you send the photo to me at contact @ fairytaleweddingsguide . com I can post it for you!

I had a requested a 6 inch hat box cake w/ Alice in Wonderland theme. I asked for it to be delicate and not over the top. It was $175. It was from the Grand Floridian Bakery and delivered to 1900 Park Fare. It was a beautiful cake, but a couple of things I thought was odd. I had to request AP discount. A guy in a suit said there was no AP discount on cakes. I thought there was and I remember getting a discount last year. He did finally give me the discount after he ran around w/ the slip in his hand for about 5 mins. It was kinda weird. The other odd thing was the forced gratuity. I was charged 18% for a party of 4 on the cake. On top of the 20% I gave for the meal. I know I tipped last year on my other cake, but it wasn't a forced amount. I'm not sure why that is bothering me so much, but that seems like a lot of tip considering they didn't even cut it. They just put it back in the box. Anyway the total after AP discount, tax and tip was $199 and change.

I was happy w/ the cake. The flowers were made of sugar I think.

Last edited:
I had a requested a 6 inch hat box cake w/ Alice in Wonderland theme. I asked for it to be delicate and not over the top. It was $175. It was from the Grand Floridian Bakery and delivered to 1900 Park Fare. It was a beautiful cake, but a couple of things I thought was odd. I had to request AP discount. A guy in a suit said there was no AP discount on cakes. I thought there was and I remember getting a discount last year. He did finally give me the discount after he ran around w/ the slip in his hand for about 5 mins. It was kinda weird. The other odd thing was the forced gratuity. I was charged 18% for a party of 4 on the cake. On top of the 20% I gave for the meal. I know I tipped last year on my other cake, but it wasn't a forced amount. I'm not sure why that is bothering me so much, but that seems like a lot of tip considering they didn't even cut it. They just put it back in the box. Anyway the total after AP discount, tax and tip was $199 and change.

I was happy w/ the cake. The flowers were made of sugar I think.

What a gorgeous cake! Thanks for sharing your experience! I've only ever used a Tables In Wonderland discount, but they do automatically apply a gratuity with that, so AP may be the same. I once asked them to reduce that gratuity since I was in a similar situation — it was being applied on the price of a $100+ cake and the server didn't even cut the cake. But it meant dealing with the manager and made me feel like a heel to even ask! :rolleyes2

Does she like cats? The Aristocats have a mother.

I know they’re animals, but Perdita from 101 Dalmatians and Sarabi from The Lion King are good moms.

Back to this thread for another trip! I do cakes each trip and it always is a highlight. So far I have done a Jessica/Roger Rabbit cake, and an Up themed cake. This time I have no idea what I want to do! I usually tie in the cake to my room/door/window decorations and make a whole themed trip. Going in Feb 2020 and hopeful I can brainstorm some good ideas soon. :wizard:

So excited, I ordered the cake for DBs birthday today from HS. Six inch, everything chocolate and covered in dark ganache. Decorated with a Darth Vader picture on the side, and I gave them artistic license with the rest. Can't wait to see and share it with all of you in January. :D

Sorry this took me sooo long to upload! We got back and then the crazy started for back to school for both of us. Here is the Tiki Room Inspired Cake we got at the Grand Floridian. We had it delivered to the Garden Tea Room. Pat was wonderful to work with and really went beyond what I had imagined. My daughter loved it! The Picture doesn't do it justice, but the whole thing sparkles too with some glitter on it.

Cake: 2 Tier Mini Vanilla Cake with Chocolate filling
Cost: $68

Let’s see... Mrs. Darling from Lady & The Tramp ends up a mother by the end of the movie. What if the cake looked like the hatbox Lady came in?

I think you also have too few posts for me to PM you, but if you send the photo to me at contact @ fairytaleweddingsguide . com I can post it for you!
Will do. I’ll send it now. Thank you!

So, I have been thinking about this for a little while, and am trying to be brave enough to post my idea.
I am making a solo trip to WDW in June. I am HOPING to make a late-ish dinner reservation at Story Book Dining (What used to be Artist Point.) I am staying at WL.

I stayed at WL in 2010, when I got married at the YC on 10/10/10. I am making this trip to bring back 10th Anniversary souvenirs, and to take some reflective time out after what has been a difficult year.

My husband has incurable leukaemia (we managed to make a last family trip to WDW in 2017 before his treatment started) and, this year, he has done failed chemo, and is on a new medication regime, which, very luckily has meant he is doing much better, but, he will never be well enough to fly again.

We decided that 10 years was special, and that I could make a solo trip to collect souvenirs for everyone, and mementoes of WL especially, and other special locations (Soarin for example is my husbands favourite ride) I couldn't realistically take my children as one is is a 13yr old autistic boy, and the other is a 6 yr old princess obsessed girl and managing both of them as just me would mean no one had any fun. I do feel guilty.

I am wondering whether (IF I get the Story Book Dining reservation - 4 days to go to ADRs! - We had our wedding dinner at Artist Point) it might be possible to have a tiny one person version of our wedding cake made? We just had the marble cake with chocolate filling, and the gold mickey head stamped fondant - one of the basic wedding options at the time. Then I could eat our wedding cake in the restaurant we had our wedding dinner. While meeting my husbands favourite disney characters. I mean, I might even Skype him while I am there (if it wouldn't annnoy other diners)

What do you all think, cake experts? Possible? A silly thing to do?

So, I have been thinking about this for a little while, and am trying to be brave enough to post my idea.
I am making a solo trip to WDW in June. I am HOPING to make a late-ish dinner reservation at Story Book Dining (What used to be Artist Point.) I am staying at WL.

I stayed at WL in 2010, when I got married at the YC on 10/10/10. I am making this trip to bring back 10th Anniversary souvenirs, and to take some reflective time out after what has been a difficult year.

My husband has incurable leukaemia (we managed to make a last family trip to WDW in 2017 before his treatment started) and, this year, he has done failed chemo, and is on a new medication regime, which, very luckily has meant he is doing much better, but, he will never be well enough to fly again.

We decided that 10 years was special, and that I could make a solo trip to collect souvenirs for everyone, and mementoes of WL especially, and other special locations (Soarin for example is my husbands favourite ride) I couldn't realistically take my children as one is is a 13yr old autistic boy, and the other is a 6 yr old princess obsessed girl and managing both of them as just me would mean no one had any fun. I do feel guilty.

I am wondering whether (IF I get the Story Book Dining reservation - 4 days to go to ADRs! - We had our wedding dinner at Artist Point) it might be possible to have a tiny one person version of our wedding cake made? We just had the marble cake with chocolate filling, and the gold mickey head stamped fondant - one of the basic wedding options at the time. Then I could eat our wedding cake in the restaurant we had our wedding dinner. While meeting my husbands favourite disney characters. I mean, I might even Skype him while I am there (if it wouldn't annnoy other diners)

What do you all think, cake experts? Possible? A silly thing to do?
Possible? Absolutely? A silly thing to do? NO! Also if you get through dinner without bawling your face off you’re a stronger woman than me. Go, order the cake and FaceTime your hubby while you eat it

Here is @HauntedMansionFangirl 's cake and info!

I’m too new to post a picture here, but I ordered and received a beautiful Cinderella cake about 10 days ago at the Yachtsman Steakhouse. Ordering was easy, they were responsive, and the cake was beautiful and yummy. I ordered a 10 inch marble cake with chocolate buttercream filling and white buttercream between the cake and blue fondant. I requested pumpkins, a clock, flowers and I picked the 6 inch white chocolate Cinderella with gold details. Price was $130. My daughter was thrilled with it.

Cinderella%20Cake%20Yachtsman_zpsdd6acfc3.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!