OFFICIAL Disney Cake Chatter Thread - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes the gf does cakes for the poly. Last May we had one delivered to the spirit of aloha. It was gorgeous and delicious. They were super easy to work with and even offered some helpful suggestions.

Did you call GF private dining then or just the cake hotline? :goodvibes

I'm wondering about this as well -- if we call the cake hotline, do we just get transferred to the correct place? We are also going to have a cake delivered to our Poly room or in the Poly lounge, and probably a cake also delivered to Chef Mickeys. I think in my case, I'd need to talk with both GF and CR bakeries. Will they just transfer me back and forth to the correct places?

I called the number on the first page listed under Polynesian. I don't remember who I spoke to,but it was exactly what I ordered and delivered on time :)

I called the number on the first page listed under Polynesian. I don't remember who I spoke to,but it was exactly what I ordered and delivered on time :)

So if I have a surprise cake for my parents being delivered to the Luau at the Poly, and I wanted to confirm the day of (making sure they know to deliver it as my parents won't know to ask or expect it) do I call the GF since they are the bakery for it, or do I call the # for the Poly on page 1? And to make matters more complicated, Pat from the GF is on vacation during it all, and that is who I ordered it from.

I want to order this for our dinner at 1900 Park Fare.

Would these flavors be available?

Almond cake with either white chocolate mousse filling or passion fruit mousse filling or strawberry mousse filling...

Do those sound good?
Opinions?

I ordered a Nemo themed mini wedding cake from Epcot's Food and Beverage department to celebrate the adoption of my son last August. It was served after lunch at Coral Reef.
The cake was chocolate, filling was chocolate mousse and covered in blue fondant. I also requested sugar coral, starfish and sand. I supplied the plastic figures. I just discreetly gave them to the hostess when we checked in at the podium. I have heard that they will not allow you to bring in decorations, but that was not my experience. The cost of the cake was $55.00 plus tax and gratuity.

Can you get Cinderella's slipper at Ohana?

Theoretically, yes, since they are made by the Grand Floridian pastry team, which services the Polynesian. However, they may tell you that they can't transport the slipper—best to call Grand Floridian Private Dining at 407-824-2474 and confirm.

I'm wondering about this as well -- if we call the cake hotline, do we just get transferred to the correct place? We are also going to have a cake delivered to our Poly room or in the Poly lounge, and probably a cake also delivered to Chef Mickeys. I think in my case, I'd need to talk with both GF and CR bakeries. Will they just transfer me back and forth to the correct places?

The list of phone numbers in post #2 of this thread will get you directly to the people you need to talk to, so it's a bit quicker than wading through the voicemail system of the Cake Hotline.

So if I have a surprise cake for my parents being delivered to the Luau at the Poly, and I wanted to confirm the day of (making sure they know to deliver it as my parents won't know to ask or expect it) do I call the GF since they are the bakery for it, or do I call the # for the Poly on page 1? And to make matters more complicated, Pat from the GF is on vacation during it all, and that is who I ordered it from.

I would call the general Private Dining number at the GF (see above), since they can access the info Pat took down from you, and I would not wait until the day of. I'd call the day before, at the latest.

I want to order this for our dinner at 1900 Park Fare.

Would these flavors be available?

Almond cake with either white chocolate mousse filling or passion fruit mousse filling or strawberry mousse filling...

Do those sound good?
Opinions?

The Grand Floridian pastry team offers those flavors for its wedding cakes, so you might be able to get them at 1900 Park Fare. But sometimes Private Dining is stingy about what unusual flavors they allow for non-wedding cakes. Two of those mousses are standard, it's just the almond cake and the passion fruit mousse that they might veto.

I'd love some advice from the experts here. My dd, her friend and I are eating at Narcoosees one evening and I'd really really love to order a special cake for my dd's 21st birthday! But what size should I order? It looks like a mini cake is too small but would a two tiered mini wedding cake be too much?? I think it looks like a good option but how can I get something like that and do any of you have any great ideas for my princess turning 21? Thanks everyone :goodvibes

We are headed to WDW tomorrow am. Just talked to our friends who are going with us. Their DS celebrated his birthday this week and my friend would love to order him a cake. We are there for 7 days. Is it too late to order? Also, three of our children have nut allergies (peanut and treenut). Is there a bakery that can supply a nut free cake ( also no cross contamination)? TIA!!!

Help!! I just called the cake hotline and she said that the mini 2 tiered wedding cake would only feed one person! They look bigger than that and I need it to feed 3 of us but they don't have to be huge pieces either! She gave me the number for a Pat Anderson @ GF so I will call her later.

Help!! I just called the cake hotline and she said that the mini 2 tiered wedding cake would only feed one person! They look bigger than that and I need it to feed 3 of us but they don't have to be huge pieces either! She gave me the number for a Pat Anderson @ GF so I will call her later.

We got a mini wedding cake. It feeds 2 very easily and can feed up to 4. We had one split in 4 and it was fine

If you are looking to fill up on cake, yeah no. If you are looking for everyone to have some then it's fine. We had one last year and we quartered it. For me it was just enough.

It really is pretty small but you could get 2 pieces out of it for sure. Three would be a stretch to me but I love my cake and want more than a few bites.

We are headed to WDW tomorrow am. Just talked to our friends who are going with us. Their DS celebrated his birthday this week and my friend would love to order him a cake. We are there for 7 days. Is it too late to order? Also, three of our children have nut allergies (peanut and treenut). Is there a bakery that can supply a nut free cake ( also no cross contamination)? TIA!!!

It is not too late to order for 72 hours from now. I'm not sure Disney's bakeries can guarantee no cross-contamination with nuts, though, so definitely call and ask what your options are.

I just ordered a Haunted Mansion and a Wreck it Ralph cake for our May trip! Patricia from GF was really nice! She had lots of ideas for HM cake but had never heard of Wreck it Ralph!! I'm a little nervous but he's turning 3 so I don't think he will care too much lol

thanks everyone!

Lurkyloo you seem to be the resident expert here do you have any suggestions for me or should I just call Pat @ the GF?

I think all of this depends on how much cake everyone wants in their serving. We ordered a mini wedding cake to be delivered to our breakfast this past fall and we actually split it 6 ways. Yes, those were 6 very small pieces, but it was just enough so that each of us got a few small bites.

Has anybody ever had, or seen pics of, a Malificent cake? I'd love to order one for a friends birthday in June. I'm thinking purple and neon green fondant....lol. I guess I could just call the GF and see if they could do it, right? Just thought I'd check and see if anybody else had one done. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter