OFFICIAL Disney Cake Chatter Thread - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Everyone!!!

Great pics!!!!

Quick question...Can you pay for a cake with a gift card? Trying to keep everything a secret!

Thanks for all the help!

I want to order this for our dinner at 1900 Park Fare.

Would these flavors be available?

Almond cake with either white chocolate mousse filling or passion fruit mousse filling or strawberry mousse filling...

Do those sound good?
Opinions?
They only offered us chocolate or vanilla. The person my husband spoke to told him it would be a plain cake with a light up white chocolate castle. My husband requested the roses and the plate to have wording. Be clear with what you want. She did not ask if he wanted extra.

Is it possible to order cakes and have them delivered to our rooms before we arrive? We are having a Grand Gathering and I'd love everyone to have a special treat when they open the door :) We're staying at the Wilderness Lodge.

Is it possible to order cakes and have them delivered to our rooms before we arrive? We are having a Grand Gathering and I'd love everyone to have a special treat when they open the door :) We're staying at the Wilderness Lodge.

No you need to check into your room first...

So I have another question, my 2nd daughter will be turning 14 in May, she wants a frozen themed cake (not with fondant), with chocolate cake but with the bavarian creme and strawberries. She's had that before at Kona (ordered through GF) but this trip we have adr's at Plaza and Kouzzina. My preference would be to get the cake at Plaza, as that is the first night of our weekend stay; especially as it seems the specialty flavor fillings are generally available on larger cakes vs the 6"? But can the MK do the flavor fillings and/or could the GF make the cake and deliver into the MK? If not available in MK, I am prepared to talk her into leaving the park to go to either Poly or GF for a meal, cancelling Plaza and switching to GFC or Kona. Thanks for any info!

Also, to the PP who asked about paying with a gift card, yes you can! We did exactly that in March for my dd's cake, I actually stopped at my Winn Dixie and bought a $100 Disney gift card, then let my dd spend the balance after the cake came off.

The Plaza's specialty cakes are made by the Contemporary, which should be able to do those flavors. However, there's this extra layer of complication now where you email the MK, they tell you you only have basic cake and flavor choices at the MK, you write back that you really want something special, and then they let you work with the Contemporary. The email and phone number are in Post #2 of this thread. :thumbsup2

Has anyone had a Jasmine themed cake? It would be for Ohana so I guess it would come
Out of the GF bakery.

Thanks!

Post 2 of this thread lists the cake options available at each park and resort. :thumbsup2 It is possible to get a fancy cake at BOG via the Contemporary, but there have been fridge-space limitations in the past that dictated what size of fancy cake you can have there. So it's really best to contact the Contemporary directly to find out what your options are.

naturally, I will keep searching,....but.
I'm looking for pics of any of the cakes from Coronado Springs. Specifically one of the small square ones, and/or strawberry shortcake flavor.
I have been through hundreds of pages of these cake threads done searches, and haven't seen any yet. :scared: Just wondering if anyone knows where I could find one, and if so, point me in the right direction?:confused3
I really would like to have a cake from CSR, because we will be on the dining plan & I'm planning on partaking of the desserts at each meal from the restaurants,...so would like this to be an extra "treat" for our anniversary.
Thanks so much!!

I think maybe these were posted in the last iteration of this thread... These are the small, personal-sized cakes from Coronado Springs:

DSC01052.jpg

DSC01049.jpg

DSC01051.jpg

This was the Frozen themed cake we had made by the Contemp Bakery team, delivered to the California Grill. It was delicious with a bavarian cream and fresh raspberries filling.

FYI just talked to pat cake prices go up April 28 so order soom

Hi all, sorry if this has been posted, but do you know if i can get the tuxedo strawberries at akershus or cape may?

This was the Frozen themed cake we had made by the Contemp Bakery team, delivered to the California Grill. It was delicious with a bavarian cream and fresh raspberries filling.

Yay! Thanks for posting! I've been waiting to see pix of Frozen themed cakes. May I ask the approximate cost....$160ish? We have Chef M booked for our twins' bday and are looking for Frozen cake ideas.... I emailed with CR bakery and got a quote for $50 per mini cake for Olaf theme 2D image and I've been hesitating as that would be $100 + tax & tip I assume, for not much cake.

Anyone ordered a cake and had it delivered to POFQ? We are going to Chef Mickey's and then MK the day of my daughter's birthday and we don't want to have to carry the leftover cake with us.

Just to give an FYI. My mom did call Pat GF to order my mini castle birthday cake. They now will only do chocolate or vanilla (no cheesecake). Thats fine, she was able to do some suprises for my mom which I am not privy to but will post a pic when I see it on the 17th of May!

I left a voice mail for Pat at the GF on Monday (her day off). She phoned back today and she was absolutely lovely. Friendly and helpful. She helped me sort out the details of the cake for my son and got the order all submitted. Most of our other cakes have been from Boardwalk Bakery, with one from the Contemporary, so this is our first experience with GF.

Hopefully the cake will be beautiful and taste delicious! :goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter