Official Disney Springs Resorts 60 Day FP attempt this morning

DisneyFranatic

Earning My Ears
Chapter 1
I woke up at 7 am to input my Hilton Buena Vista Palace confirmation number into the MDE program for Disney. As I had expected it would not take my Hilton confirmation to add my ressies. I chatted online and then had to call Disney MDE help desk directly. They had to input the info for me and told me it would be about 24 hours before I could make my FPs. After I got off the phone, I tried to input the info myself into the WDW MDE just to see what would happen. At this point at 7:45 am they did input the Official Disney Springs Resorts into the WDW site. It also came up telling me I would have to wait 24 hours until the ressies would be input and that I could make my FPs. IMHO they should have taken my Disney Springs confirmation info yesterday, so it would have worked today. I'm actually at 35 days until we arrived, so at this point it isn't going to make that much different than if it was the normal 30 days.
Chapter 2 tomorrow morning, I guess.

Chapter 1
I woke up at 7 am to input my Hilton Buena Vista Palace confirmation number into the MDE program for Disney. As I had expected it would not take my Hilton confirmation to add my ressies. I chatted online and then had to call Disney MDE help desk directly. They had to input the info for me and told me it would be about 24 hours before I could make my FPs. After I got off the phone, I tried to input the info myself into the WDW MDE just to see what would happen. At this point at 7:45 am they did input the Official Disney Springs Resorts into the WDW site. It also came up telling me I would have to wait 24 hours until the ressies would be input and that I could make my FPs. IMHO they should have taken my Disney Springs confirmation info yesterday, so it would have worked today. I'm actually at 35 days until we arrived, so at this point it isn't going to make that much different than if it was the normal 30 days.
Chapter 2 tomorrow morning, I guess.
Did you book this hotel reservation directly with Disney?

No, TeresaWen I didn't. I booked it through the Hilton website. The CM at Disney made me 3 complimentary FPs. One for today (oops, I missed that one) and 2 for the first day I will be in the parks at Epcot on Feb. 15. I think she was testing the system. I'll keep trying today to see if my MDE is updated. I would guess that most people who have ressies at the Disney Springs Resorts didn't make them through WDW. Why would someone have done that up until now?

Are you sure your reservation was linked? I was told the only way I would get a 60 day window would be to cancel with the b and rebook with Disney.

They are indeed stooping to selling fast pass access.

I need to take a few deep breaths before I decide on a course of action.

I guess I will know tomorrow morning when my 24 hours is up if it worked or not.
Any luck? We are currently booked at Pop for end of March, but thinking of canceling and using points at the Hilton instead to get 60 day window. I'm very curious if this new system is working or not.

I decided to cancel the reservation I booked directly through Holiday Inn Disney Springs and rebooked with Disney. I got a slightly better rate and they were very helpful.

I decided to cancel the reservation I booked directly through Holiday Inn Disney Springs and rebooked with Disney. I got a slightly better rate and they were very helpful.
Kathy, did you purchase a “package” or Room-only?

I read in your other post everything linked up for you! Thanks for sharing info - we are attempting to put accurate info in the TPAS FP FAQ. :)

For kicks and giggles I called Disney to price out the B resort if I booked through Disney.

I am a passholder. You cannot book a Disney springs resort through Disney without booking tickets (so a package)

Kathy, did you purchase a “package” or Room-only?

I read in your other post everything linked up for you! Thanks for sharing info - we are attempting to put accurate info in the TPAS FP FAQ. :)

I did a package of 8 nights and 5 days of passes (will get one more day from my son through the Disney College Program). They said I will have access to fast passes on 3/1.

No, TeresaWen I didn't. I booked it through the Hilton website. The CM at Disney made me 3 complimentary FPs. One for today (oops, I missed that one) and 2 for the first day I will be in the parks at Epcot on Feb. 15. I think she was testing the system. I'll keep trying today to see if my MDE is updated. I would guess that most people who have ressies at the Disney Springs Resorts didn't make them through WDW. Why would someone have done that up until now?

How did you buy your tickets? Through Disney? Through third party? AP?

I did a package of 8 nights and 5 days of passes (will get one more day from my son through the Disney College Program). They said I will have access to fast passes on 3/1.

So you booked a Package through Disney to stay at a Disney Springs hotel.

Thank you! That’s great that a package gave you a better rate. If everything is linked in your MDX account, you shouldn’t have any problems booking on 3/1.:)

I just made some calls: Buena Vista Palace says the system isn't working and that it's being worked on. She suggested 2 weeks before its up and runnin.
Disney IT line said that reservations not made through Disney are having issues. He confirmed that I WILL be eligible for the early fast pass booking (I booked direct through the Hilton, NOT a Disney pkg.
We'll see...

I just made some calls: Buena Vista Palace says the system isn't working and that it's being worked on. She suggested 2 weeks before its up and runnin.
Disney IT line said that reservations not made through Disney are having issues. He confirmed that I WILL be eligible for the early fast pass booking (I booked direct through the Hilton, NOT a Disney pkg.
We'll see...
Thank you!

This inconsistent info from Disney has been consistent. ;) Their initial statement said it would be the same benefits as what Swan/Dolphin guests receive... and they have the FP privilege for Room-only bookings.

I
Thank you!

This inconsistent info from Disney has been consistent. ;) Their initial statement said it would be the same benefits as what Swan/Dolphin guests receive... and they have the FP privilege for Room-only bookings.
I received the same two answers. First time was it is not YET working. Second was s kirt “no fast passes for you”

Any luck? We are currently booked at Pop for end of March, but thinking of canceling and using points at the Hilton instead to get 60 day window. I'm very curious if this new system is working or not.
Nicole, Here's what you do in case they don't "fix" the system before your 60 day window. Book the first night at a Disney resort, add your tickets, and the rest of your trip at the Hilton. That will allow you to book FPS for your whole trip at 60 days from your Pop stay since you are staying on property first. Unfortunately for me we are doing the Hilton first and then AofA, so that didn't work for me.

We'll see...
I'm at 34 days from my trip, so I can start booking my FPs on Tuesday. If the system worked I could have booked all my FPs at the same time now I have to do them one day at a time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!