** Official DLR December 2020 Check-In **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I just did something very spontaneous and booked us 4 nights at the Fairfield Marriott (completely refundable) for December 25-28th. Yep. Christmas. Coming from Canada so if the mandatory quarantine is still in place we will have to cancel as my hubby can't take the 2 weeks off but for now, it's refundable and crossing our fingers :worship:
I've added you to the list! Let's hope they lessen or remove the mandatory quarantine before then. 🤞

I think we are going to do the same and book WDW as well. DL is looking like quite the long shot at this point.

I think we are going to do the same and book WDW as well. DL is looking like quite the long shot at this point.

I was looking at booking WDW but man the flights alone add over $700 for us, total not per person. The tickets add $300 and hotel adds $400. That's with staying off-site. It is adding 2 nights though since it's such a long ways away. I'm trying to justify adding the extra money with how low the crowds are though. It's too much to figure out.

Well I just did something very spontaneous and booked us 4 nights at the Fairfield Marriott (completely refundable) for December 25-28th. Yep. Christmas. Coming from Canada so if the mandatory quarantine is still in place we will have to cancel as my hubby can't take the 2 weeks off but for now, it's refundable and crossing our fingers :worship:

we’re coming from Canada for Christmas too. Luckily we have a plan in place for the 2 week quarantine. I’m just concerned that we won’t be able to reserve to get into the park, even though we already have our tickets we bought during the last cdn residents discount.

I've been MIA for a few months because I've been having a really hard time believing this trip is even going to happen still. Anyone else getting discouraged that the parks isn't even going to be open by December?

I've been MIA for a few months because I've been having a really hard time believing this trip is even going to happen still. Anyone else getting discouraged that the parks isn't even going to be open by December?
Yes.....I am hopeful but not optimistic. I have 2 trips planned and paid for. One in October and one in December. It is so hard to not know anything. I would change to WDW if it was an option for me. I work for a School district and we are back to school, and I hate to take time off.
I would be ready to attend tomorrow......

I'm cautiously optimistic....mainly just trying not to give up hope. This is one of 4 trips I had planned this year, so it would really suck to have to cancel it. I will hold out unless Disney officially says otherwise.

I’m with ya, I can’t bring myself to plan a thing because it’s just so discouraging. I’m sure they’ll be open by December but I’m concerned about what we might be missing this holiday season... will the parks be open long enough each day to see holiday lights? holiday overlays? What about decor? Will we see the castle decorated? I can give up the parade and fireworks if we have everything else but if we don’t then.... 👎

We usually go for the holidays so I think we’d have a hard time if everything is real minimal when it comes to that because we’re used to the full deal. We’ll see.. haven’t cancelled yet.

Not QUITE ready to book for December, yet, but it's looking like our early October trip is becoming less and less likely. If we book for New Year's (actually, we'd book for 12/29-1/3), this will be the fourth one we've tried, also: Memorial Day, 4th of July, fall break, and now New Year's. We won't be able to make it back until 2023, probably, so if this one doesn't come off, we'll be stuck with $1000 worth of useless park tickets.

I already made a special trip to Downtown Disney last month.
I have our onsite reservation with no park tickets. I think we would still go and enjoy the hotel(if open) and maybe venture to other destinations around the area. I am being hopeful like you guys that they open before the end of the year
:flower3:

Not QUITE ready to book for December, yet, but it's looking like our early October trip is becoming less and less likely. If we book for New Year's (actually, we'd book for 12/29-1/3), this will be the fourth one we've tried, also: Memorial Day, 4th of July, fall break, and now New Year's. We won't be able to make it back until 2023, probably, so if this one doesn't come off, we'll be stuck with $1000 worth of useless park tickets.
Well, I called the resort we stay in when we go to Mexico to see if I could switch our New Year's dates to October, and they said yes, but they only had one of our room type remaining. So I booked it. Which meant that I had to re-book our Disney hotel and flight reservations, but it wasn't terrible and didn't even cost me anything. So you can add me to the list - 12/28-1/3, staying at the Peacock.

I have a good feeling that the parks are going to open before the end of the year. I don't know why, just do for some reason.

While I cross my fingers, we're planning a trip either over Christmas (Dec 23-26ish) or in very early January. I'm enjoying reading this thread while tentatively plan. I haven't tackled the rumor thread yet, but does anyone know if staying on-site will guarantee reservations to the park for your stay? I thought WDW was doing something like that.

Well, I called the resort we stay in when we go to Mexico to see if I could switch our New Year's dates to October, and they said yes, but they only had one of our room type remaining. So I booked it. Which meant that I had to re-book our Disney hotel and flight reservations, but it wasn't terrible and didn't even cost me anything. So you can add me to the list - 12/28-1/3, staying at the Peacock.
I've added you to the list!

I have a good feeling that the parks are going to open before the end of the year. I don't know why, just do for some reason.

While I cross my fingers, we're planning a trip either over Christmas (Dec 23-26ish) or in very early January. I'm enjoying reading this thread while tentatively plan. I haven't tackled the rumor thread yet, but does anyone know if staying on-site will guarantee reservations to the park for your stay? I thought WDW was doing something like that.

I hope you're right that we'll be walking down Main St. this year!

It's being presumed on the boards that staying on-site will give you priority for reservations, but it will not guarantee reservations. Disney has stated that resort stays do not guarantee reservations to WDW parks, since you will still have to make your park reservations when your booking time opens or possibly miss out if park capacity is filled. That said, no official announcements have been made for DLR, so it could possibly be different from WDW.

I'm fairly sure though that staying on-site will give you some sort of advantage, so it's to your benefit to book it if it's in your price range.

You can take me off the list, I’m giving up on 2020 and putting all my effort into next summer.

Seeing how scaled down WDW’s xmas is gonna be just majorly bummed me out and made me realize even if DL is open... I’d miss the holiday things we’re used too just too much to make it worth it for us.

Good luck all- I hope it happens for everyone!

I'm not even going to DL this christmas but just read that all the holiday events for 2020 are cancelled and I'm crushed.

Regarding the holiday decorations in DTD and in the parks:

insidethemagic.net

Will Disneyland and Disney World be Decorated This Christmas? | Inside the Magic
Will Disneyland and Disney World recieve Christmas decorations this year? We spoke to guest services from both coasts to find out!
insidethemagic.net
insidethemagic.net

"This is what Disneyland Guest Services had to say–
Downtown Disney will receive Christmas Decorations this year, and both parks will receive Christmas decorations no matter how late into the season they open, if they open, for sure."

From GR:

ETA: It's now official.
From MP's DLR Update (9/14/20),
One of Disneyland's oldest traditions is officially canceled for 2020, as Disneyland confirmed last week that the Candlelight Processional will not be held this year due to the ongoing pandemic. Disney officials told the Orange County Register that the company couldn't commit to holding the annual ceremony, "without a clear understanding of when theme parks can reopen from the State of California."

Last edited:
Just curious. Does everyone ready have their tickets purchased or are AP's? I regret not getting tickets before they shut sales down and am now concerned that even if DLR opens before our trip we won't be able to get tickets. Any others with that worry? We started planning a DW trip as an in case but would really prefer to stick with DLR.

Just curious. Does everyone ready have their tickets purchased or are AP's? I regret not getting tickets before they shut sales down and am now concerned that even if DLR opens before our trip we won't be able to get tickets. Any others with that worry? We started planning a DW trip as an in case but would really prefer to stick with DLR.
I've already purchased tickets, but I'm super curious to know what happens to the maxpass that I added to all 5 tickets? Also wondering (along with everyone else) if the expiration will eventually get extended if we can't/don't go in December. Of course we can look at the reopening situation at WDW, but it's like comparing apples to oranges. If airfare was somewhat affordable for my dates, we'd do WDW, but rates are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter