** Official DLR December 2020 Check-In **

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have a trip planned 12/3-12/6. I haven’t Told the kids though. I’m not very optimistic.

I have about given upon my October trip, now worried about my December trip. I just want to cry......not knowing, being hopeful and then disappointment is a wicked roller coaster ride. I just really want something to look forward to!

I have about given upon my October trip, now worried about my December trip. I just want to cry......not knowing, being hopeful and then disappointment is a wicked roller coaster ride. I just really want something to look forward to!

I am there with you. I am still 70% hopeful that we will get to go on our December trip. I have trips booked in January and February just in case. I need Disneyland in my life soon.

I am there with you. I am still 70% hopeful that we will get to go on our December trip. I have trips booked in January and February just in case. I need Disneyland in my life soon.

Do you have trips planned in Jan and Feb to DL? I didn't think reservations were open yet?

I agree with you both...this year's trip planning has been rough, especially when we need a little Disney magic more than ever. I'm about to cancel a Sep. trip unless they miraculously open. This planned December trip has been helping to keep my spirits up, but it's hard not to be wary after so many cancellations already.

Do you have trips planned in Jan and Feb to DL? I didn't think reservations were open yet?
I believe off-site reservations are available for 2021 at most hotels now.

Yep. We stay off-site. We've done onsite a few times but they pretty much priced us out for how often we like to go.

Ah, makes sense. For some reason I thought you were onsite so I was confused. Hope your trips happen!

We’re rebooked from December 12-26 at the worldmark Anaheim. This is our rebooked trip, and our last chance to go. If this ends up being cancelled we won’t get a chance to go again until 2022 and will have lost a lot of money.

we’re coming from Canada and are technically allowed to fly still. Just have to quarantine for 2 weeks when we get home

We’re rebooked from December 12-26 at the worldmark Anaheim. This is our rebooked trip, and our last chance to go. If this ends up being cancelled we won’t get a chance to go again until 2022 and will have lost a lot of money.

we’re coming from Canada and are technically allowed to fly still. Just have to quarantine for 2 weeks when we get home
I've added you to the list! Let's hope this year closes on a bright note for everyone🎄

Question for my December people. We have our hotel booked. It's down to $87 per night which is just insane. Flights are super cheap right now too. I'm afraid if I book the flight I am jinxing myself from actually being able to get tickets. We are staying off-site and don't currently have tickets purchased, (I am kicking myself for not buying before they stopped selling).

Anyone else in that boat? No tickets in hand and staying off-site? I'm trying to figure out my chances but can't compare to DW because of the difference in AP holders over there.

Would you buy your tickets now? With credits I have the three of us would be $274 total for flights.

Question for my December people. We have our hotel booked. It's down to $87 per night which is just insane. Flights are super cheap right now too. I'm afraid if I book the flight I am jinxing myself from actually being able to get tickets. We are staying off-site and don't currently have tickets purchased, (I am kicking myself for not buying before they stopped selling).

Anyone else in that boat? No tickets in hand and staying off-site? I'm trying to figure out my chances but can't compare to DW because of the difference in AP holders over there.

Would you buy your tickets now? With credits I have the three of us would be $274 total for flights.
I was able to buy fully refundable cheap airline tickets, so I went ahead and purchased them even though I normally wouldn't buy them this early. If the tickets are fully refundable, I would recommend locking in the lower fares now.

Regarding park tickets, I hope I'm not jinxing it, but it seems like they would mimic WDW by setting aside reservations for the different ticket types rather than allowing AP's to fill up all park reservations. IMO, I assume space would be set aside for regular ticket holders that are off-site. I'm an AP, but it only seems fair to me that everyone has a chance to enter the parks. Unless they're swamped with people holding SoCal and child promo tickets that were extended through next year, I'm thinking and hoping they'll resume ticket sales before December if the parks are open. This is all my own speculation, of course.

Well I just did something very spontaneous and booked us 4 nights at the Fairfield Marriott (completely refundable) for December 25-28th. Yep. Christmas. Coming from Canada so if the mandatory quarantine is still in place we will have to cancel as my hubby can't take the 2 weeks off but for now, it's refundable and crossing our fingers :worship:

If I had to fly and got airline ticket costs and hotel rates that low, I would book it, even though I didn't have Disneyland tickets. I would have a plan "B" in place, that if we couldn't get tickets into the parks, I would plan to go to Knotts Berry Farm, and other places around the area. I think you will be able to get a day ticket, or a two day ticket to the parks.

What hotel is $87/night?

Hey all. Just a reminder to check your hotel rates! I just checked and ours dropped at Embassy Suites South to $95 each night. Saved us $75 total. I booked January as well at $79 per night at the same hotel, just in case December is still messed up. Hopefully it's not though as we haven't been during Christmas since my daughter's 1st birthday. This will be her 8th birthday. Way too long between 🎄 visits.
What hotel is $87/night?
See the poster's quote above. The rates keep dropping as she continues to check.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!