****Official DLR November 2020 Check in****

Wanting to take my daughter to DL for her 16th birthday this November. I am anxiously awaiting to see if they open by then. For now, we are booked at WDW but still holding out hope that DL will be open and we can switch.

I read another thread where someone asked about crowd levels during spring break vs. Thanksgiving. Somewhere in that thread someone mentioned Black Friday is pretty crowded. Just wondering if DL does BF sales. If so, some day I'll have to make a Thanksgiving trip to Disneyland, lol. 😂 If there's a chance I could get a DL sweater for $25, $30 instead of $70, it would be great.

Not sales in the parks, but WOD has had specific Black Friday sales in the past. The lines went all the way down toward ESPN Zone one year.

Still keeping our trip reservation to Disneyland for November (Just moved it back a week to 10th through the 14th) but also just booked a trip for Disney World for same days on property. So fingers crossed that at least one those trips works out.

Still keeping our trip reservation to Disneyland for November (Just moved it back a week to 10th through the 14th) but also just booked a trip for Disney World for same days on property. So fingers crossed that at least one those trips works out.
I have this exact plan too. But issue is that Disneyland is planned in conjunction with visiting family. If Disneyland isn’t opened I’d love to jump ship and go to World, but I don’t think my family would be thrilled with that decision!

We have flights for November 14-16th- fingers crossed. We were scheduled for April, June, July, and August. Maybe November will work? :) We don't have a hotel yet... I am not in any rush to book and then cancel yet another set of plans.

We are starting to worry about Disneyland not being open. Our trip is planned with our best friends, we started pricing out different trips - Hawaii, Vegas & Disneyworld.

We are really not sure which way to go currently, do we wait it out and hope for good news and maybe end up going nowhere. Hawaii worry about making the 3 day requirement for Covid testing. We went to Disneyworld last September, flew in early before the hurricane (was a good plan as our outgoing flight for a day later was cancelled). Vegas possible the shows we would be interested in are not available/closed.

I know at least we can afford to take vacations so we should be thankful. Vacation planning should just not be this stressful.

Spoke to CM yesterday and moved our trip to Nov. 9-12 at Candy Cane Inn.

She was extremely helpful and told me a few things I found interesting:
MaxPass is not currently available. I was bummed because the photo sharing was such a beneficial option.
I asked about the reservation system and while she said there wasn't any concrete information being that I have a vacation package set up with the park tickets I should have an advantage to reserving a park because the tickets are no longer available to be purchased. She couldn't really say if AP holders would have priority.

MaxPass is not currently available. I was bummed because the photo sharing was such a beneficial option.
I asked about the reservation system and while she said there wasn't any concrete information being that I have a vacation package set up with the park tickets I should have an advantage to reserving a park because the tickets are no longer available to be purchased. She couldn't really say if AP holders would have priority.

We will see what happens when Disneyland opens but if its anything like Disney World (most likely will be very similar) then there will be no fast passes at all and you will be able to purchase just the photo package like there was before fast pass. As far as priority goes guests staying on Disney property will get top priority, people who have tickets or purchase tickets (tickets will go on sale) get second priority, and then AP holders will get the lowest priority of spots available and can only hold 3 reservations at a time. Where onsite resort guests and ticket holders can reserve as many days as their ticket is valid for. Also you will be limited to one park a day. No park hoping.

Disneyland already announced that when their reservation system opens, on site guests who already have tickets and APs will have priority. After they deal with their on site guests with tickets and APs, they will start working with other guests who already have tickets. Then move on from there. They have given no further details since that first announcement, so changes could happen. We just don't know anything concrete right now. GAT has said that their Disney source said park hopping will be allowed. That is unofficial, so we don't know if it's true; but GAT seems fairly sure about it.

From Dapper Day (Fall Dapper Day, 11/14-15):

74e14440-9914-4289-a276-fe9acca2aa2a.jpg

You're probably wondering what's happening with our upcoming events!

The short answer is, everything remains on schedule – assuming Disney's parks and resorts are open over our planned event dates.
There will of course, be capacity limits on park attendance, and advance reservations may be required, so we certainly don't expect, nor want, to create unsafe, crowded conditions. We're planning new ways for all to join the festivities from home too!

As always, you can book your Disney stay over our event dates with our big savings (see links below) for stays in California and Florida.

Room reservations are now fully refundable for our Fall 2020 and Spring 2021 Disney stays if you need to change your plans. (See details when booking.)

THE EXPO!
We're now thinking of our planned Fall Expo, Nov 14+15 as an "outdoor marketplace" which would likely not include bands or dancing (for obvious safety reasons).

We're in discussion with the Disneyland Resort for possible market locations. We don't have any further details yet as the resort has not announced a reopening date. Whatever sort of shopping experience we do have in November, whether big or very small, we're obviously working to ensure it will be as safe as possible for all involved. Expect more details in September.

Although I'd love to see Dapper Days, love watching Fresh Baked vids on it, I'm glad we're planning on going the week before.

Oh, and the CM told me that when the parks reopen there will be a reservation system in the app. I said "Oh, like Disney World?" She replied "Yes, like Disney World's. " She also went on to say that since I have a package, I won't have ticket #s to enter in the app, but there will be a button for "resort guests with tickets" where I will enter our confirmation #. She then specified that unlike Disney World it will not link our reservation to the app, it will only allow us to make our reservation.

Oh, and the CM told me that when the parks reopen there will be a reservation system in the app. I said "Oh, like Disney World?" She replied "Yes, like Disney World's. " She also went on to say that since I have a package, I won't have ticket #s to enter in the app, but there will be a button for "resort guests with tickets" where I will enter our confirmation #. She then specified that unlike Disney World it will not link our reservation to the app, it will only allow us to make our reservation.

I wonder how it will go for guests with now expired AP’s. We have our reservation set at GCH Nov 18-22, and our APs expire in about a week, we opted to extend, just not sure how all this will be handled when the parks reopen.

We adjusted our days and booked a hotel just now. We are now coming on the 13th, staying through the 16th. We booked the Disneyland Hotel through at the Dapper Days rate. We have never been to the Dapper Days events, but since we have an extra day now, I thought we would go (if it happens!). If the Dapper Days is a no-go, I wonder what they do with the hotel reservations.

Now we wait to see if we will even be able to get reservations for 3 days at the parks... And whether or not our comp tickets my mom would use (Club 33) would work. So many questions with no answers!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!