**Official DLR October 2020 Check In Thread...Take 2!!**

While it's yet to be determined if DL will be open in October, I was able to book a room at DLH October 16th.
Can't buy tickets, though and that makes me nervous. Can't get a park reservation without a ticket...
Best I can do is keep up with these forums and try and be ahead in the line when tickets go on sale. Wish me luck. This will be a solo trip and I want it so badly. 🙏
We are actually headed to Disney world in October and I had the same worry as I was short tickets for our resort stay. However it turned out just fine. About 2 weeks afte they opened the park reservations they opened ticket sales again and it was easy peasy.

Hi everyone! We just moved our trip from August 26-30 to October 14-18. We didn't feel comfortable waiting any longer in hopes that they would open the parks mid-August and it sounds like they just sent out cancellations through the 22nd. We have our fingers crossed that it will be open by October. The other two people in my party haven't been to Disneyland and I have only been once (pre-Galaxy's Edge).

Hi everyone! We just moved our trip from August 26-30 to October 14-18. We didn't feel comfortable waiting any longer in hopes that they would open the parks mid-August and it sounds like they just sent out cancellations through the 22nd. We have our fingers crossed that it will be open by October. The other two people in my party haven't been to Disneyland and I have only been once (pre-Galaxy's Edge).
Do you already have park tickets?

They can’t open schools and keep Disneyland closed, right? Well, they could, but you see where I’m going ..,

I haven't officially cancelled anything yet, but it's safe to say we are out. We're going to bump our trip until October 2021. On the plus side, DS should be tall enough to ride even Indiana Jones by then! I still wish they would just extend the expiration date for tickets we already purchased, especially if they are unable to open for significantly longer...

Well, I'm a-thinkin' about early October now that they've cancelled OBB.

But with things the way they are I'm not going to make reservations until closer to then. I have family in the area so if I can't get what I want hotel-wise I'll bunk with them and 'commute'. I'm lucky in that I'm retired so don't have to worry about time off and I'm a 'semi-reasonable' distance (No Cal) so something last minute isn't a problem.

Making reservations and then watching the clock ticking as the dates get nearer and no park openings (I did this in June) was just too nerve wracking. Plus we have ressies at WDW next May so I'm already watching that clock and worrying about 're-closures'! Watching a WDW AND a DL clock would probably push me right over the edge.

... Making reservations and then watching the clock ticking as the dates get nearer and no park openings (I did this in June) was just too nerve wracking. Plus we have ressies at WDW next May so I'm already watching that clock and worrying about 're-closures'! Watching a WDW AND a DL clock would probably push me right over the edge.
I so totally hear you on this! We still have a few reservations which I know will have to be cancelled soon enough, but I just can't go there right now... again. It's not only emotional, it's exhausting. You'd think that after the third or fourth time around it would be a piece of cake, right? But it just gets harder each and every time. Sigh.

I so totally hear you on this! We still have a few reservations which I know will have to be cancelled soon enough, but I just can't go there right now... again. It's not only emotional, it's exhausting. You'd think that after the third or fourth time around it would be a piece of cake, right? But it just gets harder each and every time. Sigh.
It is emotionally exhausting seeing upcoming trip dates getting closer without any hope or word if travel will need to be canceled. Yes, it is just a trip, yet so much more. I just wish we knew opening plans .......big wish! If it isn’t 2021.....I will be crushed cancelling 2 trips, yet it would be easier than Wondering every single day if there is hope.

I'm not making a decision until really last minute BUT I kinda get the feeling that my airline is not expecting the ban on non essential travel to be lifted by October. The American Government only allows international flights through 15 US airports since May.

Thats why many European airlines have cancelled flights through to October already, as they don't fly to any of these 15 airports or have code share agreements with US domestic airlines.

My airline has both. Since the travel bans started, my airline has continued flights for essential travel to America, but only to New York, Chicago and Boston. These flights are for people like politicians or healthcare workers or other people who have to travel for business or other essential reasons.

If they need to travel to anywhere else, the flights have been changed from direct and everyone has to changed either to American Airlines or Jet Blue to continue their journey.

I just checked my October flights

My flight from Dublin to LAX has been changed to Dublin to Chicago, Chicago to LAX on American Airlines.

My return flight home is still a direct flight, LAX to Dublin.

It's almost like childbirth. With every contraction you hope you'll get the Dr's signal to push on the next one, and when they say "Not yet, just breathe" you just want to scream and kick. Except with waiting for DL every time you pass the opening date you had imagined in your head, you DO scream and kick.

And I hear you about not being able to cancel. It's like giving up on a dream, and no one wants to do that.

We just have to keep the faith and remember that prayers do get answered, just not always in our timeframe.

Yeah, we're on our "third time's a charm, right?" plan - cancelled Memorial Day and 4th of July, now hoping for October break. It's already been more than two years since I've been to Walt's park, and it's just too long. But we can't go at Christmastime because we have a standing trip to Rocky Point (we hope), so, if October doesn't pan out, we're at Spring Break.

We've officially gone mad...I just booked a WDW trip using our DVC points so that I know that we are going somewhere for Fall Break. Room, tickets, flights, car, and dining are all done.

It looks like we will cancel the October trip to DLR (VGC) and use the points later in our use year or bank for 2021-22 regardless if they open. I don't want the unknown to leave us without an option if they were not to open or not open the hotels the first full week of October.

It did feel really good to plan something and our son (12) is really excited to go back to WDW. I'm glad we were able to get 2 DLR trips in before the shutdown. We have a Labor Day trip scheduled too, but the odds on that one are fading with each passing day. If Labor Day is canceled, we will plan a 3rd trip just before AP blockout in December.
Mike

So I think I’m finally going to commit and cancel my Disney plans for the year. I’ve got hotel reservations for DLH on a Chase card that has a zero balance right now. I know this isn’t specifically the place, but does anyone know if you can request a check back from them?

So I think I’m finally going to commit and cancel my Disney plans for the year. I’ve got hotel reservations for DLH on a Chase card that has a zero balance right now. I know this isn’t specifically the place, but does anyone know if you can request a check back from them?
I believe it's been posted on the WDW boards that if you request a refund in a form other than the original form of payment, it can be done. But be prepared for the process to take longer (up to a month longer?) than it would otherwise. Don't know if that holds true for DLR, but at least it gives you some idea of what might be possible. You might try asking this in the Reopening Superthread -- so many posters there have cancelled hotel reservations -- maybe someone there will know the answer.

I believe it's been posted on the WDW boards that if you request a refund in a form other than the original form of payment, it can be done. But be prepared for the process to take longer (up to a month longer?) than it would otherwise. Don't know if that holds true for DLR, but at least it gives you some idea of what might be possible. You might try asking this in the Reopening Superthread -- so many posters there have cancelled hotel reservations -- maybe someone there will know the answer.
From my understanding they will only refund by check if the original form of payment isn’t valid anymore.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!