**Official DLR September 2020 Check In v2**

MikeRx

DIS Veteran
We received the dreaded cancellation email for arrival on September 4th (Friday of Labor Day weekend). We re-booked for December....Our 35% discount evaporated, but we can still apply the $50/night resort credit.
Mike

emacat

Polishing up my ears
We have officially moved our trip from September to December. Good Luck, all!

AZMermaid

DIS Veteran
We decided we are letting our VGC stay 9/18-20 ride. I’m thinking it’s not happening, but we decided IF resort opens and not parks we will still go and get away. We were going to fly, but decided we will drive (6hrs) if it’s open to give us more flexibility.

• dratomic

What's the scoop, Scoop?
    Sadness! Had a dream vacation set up that was quite a challenge to put together

1. Tour with Bob Gurr (cancelled until next year, not much surprise there)
    2. DVC Grand Californian 1 bedroom Sept 21-27. Major challenge to get this stitched together. This is not my home resort :)

Like others I called and they said they could cancel the Disney portion up to 1 week before the start date. With air fare involved this was just too last minute for me. 30 days I could have dealt with. SO..... I moved it over to The Polynesian for even longer. It was use it or lose it for my DVC points. I got refunded for air. Disneyland is holding my park admission hostage. No refunds. Not cool but understandable and I'll eventually be back anyway.

Bonus -- I'll be at my home away from home at The Polynesian with a lake view. It'll be fun but I haven't been to Disneyland since 1976 and was really looking forward to it. Blessed to have such a first world problem though! Good luck to you that are sticking it out for September! I'll have a Lapu Lapu in your honor from the Tambu Lounge!

Emmaro

Earning My Ears
    Just waiting on Disney to cancel on me for 9/27. Anyone have any idea on when next years dates will open? Not sure we will reschedule this year.

peppy20

Earning My Ears
    In the same boat. I fully expect to receive a call this Thursday to cancel my 9-6 to 9-12 stay. First year as a DVC member and had both my trips for this year cancelled. Stings worse since I had this booked since October 2019. Wish I had waited a year or two to buy into DVC since Covid is putting a wrench into everything for the foreseeable future.

Disney_Fanatic

Mouseketeer
    We received the dreaded cancellation email for arrival on September 4th (Friday of Labor Day weekend). We re-booked for December....Our 35% discount evaporated, but we can still apply the $50/night resort credit.
    Mike
    We are checking in Sep 5 but did not get an email yet. I am not keeping my hopes up at this point

• sgerto

Living in a small world after all

theluckyrabbit

gld2pan

Earning My Ears
    Called yesterday to cancel or possibly rescheduling our Sept reservation and cast member I spoke to stated to wait till end of month 8/30 and call back as next year should be open by then. Hoping still get at least the $50 credit as we've been scheduled for April, June, 2 dates in July and early September. Hated thought of cancelling but not paying the higher holiday rates.

• Dr.Mrs.ScroogeMcDuck

Earning My Ears
    We are out... Just got off phone with the CM modifying to November. Lost the discount, but kept the daily resort credit. They took the Maxpass off, but let me keep the park hoppers. Good luck to you all!

taaren

DIS Veteran
    VGC reservation for Sept 5-7 officially gone from my DVC account this morning. :(

I knew it was coming but still disappointed. Maybe my Thanksgiving reservation will happen? Have to figure out how to move my points to upgrade to a larger room in Feb '21 and an extra night for April, in case those trips happen.

peppy20

Earning My Ears
    Just had the same thing happen to my Sept 6-12 reservation; reservation is gone and points back in my account.

edhmom

Mouseketeer
    I just called to change my Sep 1 reservations. I am now in November as a placeholder until they open 2021 and then I'll move to next summer. I kept (for now) the $50 per night resort credit and MaxPass stayed on my reservation as well.

crystal1313

DIS Veteran
    We had 2 reservations, one for only one night, 9/12. Got a cancellation email today for that. The next for Sept.13-16. Still have that one.

dcraytho

Mouseketeer
    Well I cancelled out Sep. 27th - Oct. 4th dates today. I just don’t trust they will open the end of Sept. We rescheduled for Dec. we will see if that happens.

Connect

Disney News and Updates

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR DAILY EMAIL
    Subscribe and never miss out on Disney News, Deals and Updates.