**Official DLR September 2020 Check In v2**

Anyone hanging in there? We didnt get cancelled 9/18-20. I’m curious too see what this week brings. I’m pretty sure we are looking at hotel only at this point, if anything, but we are still in.

Anyone hanging in there? We didnt get cancelled 9/18-20. I’m curious too see what this week brings. I’m pretty sure we are looking at hotel only at this point, if anything, but we are still in.
We are 9/17-9/21 and not feeling very optimistic at the moment. Im not even sure if the hotel will be open. Im considering cancelling. Im waiting for them to cancel me in hopes of me getting my discounts moved to the next reservation but this will be my 3rd move so not feeling that great about it.

We are 9/17-9/21 and not feeling very optimistic at the moment. Im not even sure if the hotel will be open. Im considering cancelling. Im waiting for them to cancel me in hopes of me getting my discounts moved to the next reservation but this will be my 3rd move so not feeling that great about it.

When my beginning of September got cancelled they wouldn't move my discount past September 30. I was disappointed by that since I was originally supposed to go in June, like a lot of people, and have had to switch multiple times since then. True it's not their fault, but then again, they've had $3000 of my money for MONTHS now.

When my beginning of September got cancelled they wouldn't move my discount past September 30. I was disappointed by that since I was originally supposed to go in June, like a lot of people, and have had to switch multiple times since then. True it's not their fault, but then again, they've had $3000 of my money for MONTHS now.
Thats not fair thst they have your money and aren't willing to do anything for you. I have heard chances are that I'll lose my discount. Im not surprised that i may lose my discount as WDW took the free dining away from people that they originally offered. This whole thing sucks but not much we can do under these circumstances.

Yes, still holding reservations for 9/21-9/25....but also not optimistic. Need some pixie dust! :tinker:

They called me yesterday to cancel or modify our 9/13-9/16 reservations. We moved to Oct. 4-7. Have a feeling we will be moving again. Was bummed we did not get our original rate, but we did get to keep our $50 a night credit which I had no idea we had. So that was a nice surprise. Wish we could use that towards parking...

They called me yesterday to cancel or modify our 9/13-9/16 reservations. We moved to Oct. 4-7. Have a feeling we will be moving again. Was bummed we did not get our original rate, but we did get to keep our $50 a night credit which I had no idea we had. So that was a nice surprise. Wish we could use that towards parking...

I thought you could use it toward parking at the resort? When I was asked if I would be bringing a car, I said no, and the CM told me that could have gone towards that fee.

I thought you could use it toward parking at the resort? When I was asked if I would be bringing a car, I said no, and the CM told me that could have gone towards that fee.
Really? I specifically asked that last night and was told it had to be used for food or merchandise at the hotel and couldn't be used for parking or towards the balance of the room? I guess I will ask again if we ever actually get to check into the hotel. LOL.

I emailed my DVC Rental Store travel advisor today to ask about my VGC res 9/13-9/17. She responded that "reservations through September 25th will be affected by the resort closure.". They are in the process of providing a full travel credit for my paid reservation (so that's good). So this looks like they do not anticipate opening before the 25th.

I emailed my DVC Rental Store travel advisor today to ask about my VGC res 9/13-9/17. She responded that "reservations through September 25th will be affected by the resort closure.". They are in the process of providing a full travel credit for my paid reservation (so that's good). So this looks like they do not anticipate opening before the 25th.
Thanks for this. I figured ours was coming, but I haven't bugged our agent about it lately because I figure she's sick of me at this point!

Thanks for this. I figured ours was coming, but I haven't bugged our agent about it lately because I figure she's sick of me at this point!
In my last email they let me know that my agent is no longer with them. I hope that she moved on to something that works for her and not that she just got laid off. I suspect that is because DVC Rental is struggling with this whole shutdown situation. They did assign me a new agent and that one responded immediately and very nicely.
A couple months ago I was very concerned that I would lose my 60% deposit with the DVC Rental Store if the trip did not happen. But they let me know that if I had a fully paid reservation and the parks did not open, I would get full credit to use later. So, that eased the concern about how they would handle a renter. I would not hesitate to work with them again in the future.

I just got a cancellation email for my trip. I tried to re-book but like others there will be a loss of the 35% discount. My trip has officially been cancelled for this year. I tried to make it work over and over but my daughter is moving to Colorado so it won't work out for us. We even cancelled our annual passes. 😭😭😭

Our 9/18 disappeared finally. Rebooked it for April as a back up for January. I know it was coming, but sigh!

Our labor day trip is rebooked for Sep 25 - I am now waited for that dreadful call telling me we are losing that 35% discount permanently.:scared:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!