Official Dopey 2018 Thread

When do they normally update the Gallway training plans on the RunDisney site? I know it's just a matter of adjusting the dates from the 2017 to 2018. Just easier when I can just print it off from the site.

Thanks

Just hopping over from living on the Free Dining thread for the past 6 weeks! Does anyone know which charities are offering fundraising opportunities to secure a spot at Dopey 18? I could only find one in a Google search. I did my first marathon at Disney in 99 when the event was just one day, and have been hoping to get back since they've added Goofy and now Dopey. Thanks!

When do they normally update the Gallway training plans on the RunDisney site? I know it's just a matter of adjusting the dates from the 2017 to 2018. Just easier when I can just print it off from the site.

Thanks
I don't know that there is a set time but I would assume it would update just before the training plan starts. Disneyland starts in May and has been updated but races with plans that start after that have not.

Just hopping over from living on the Free Dining thread for the past 6 weeks! Does anyone know which charities are offering fundraising opportunities to secure a spot at Dopey 18? I could only find one in a Google search. I did my first marathon at Disney in 99 when the event was just one day, and have been hoping to get back since they've added Goofy and now Dopey. Thanks!
RunDisney has a list on their website. This link should take you right to it. You'll have to browse charities individually though because different charities have different requirements.

Hi, I'm in for Dopey 2018 and was wondering if anyone here has experience with staying at Fort Widerness Cabins for the races. How is the morning race transportation? Is it any longer or more crowded than the other resorts?

i believe we still have spots on the Homes for Our Troops team. Amount needing to be raised is VERY reasonable.
Happy to answer any questions that you may have. This will be my third year running with them.

Sorry, just looked and we are now sold out of Dopey.

Hi, I'm in for Dopey 2018 and was wondering if anyone here has experience with staying at Fort Widerness Cabins for the races. How is the morning race transportation? Is it any longer or more crowded than the other resorts?

We stay at the campgrounds in our RV but we the cabins share the same bus system. It has been just as easy and usually less crowded than the other resorts during race time. For Darkside this year I stayed at French Quarter and drove to all the races. I prefer to drive now and will be doing the same for future races including Dopey. I have also booked the Fort for W&D and Marathon so anyone staying at the Fort then are welcome to get a ride with us!

i believe we still have spots on the Homes for Our Troops team. Amount needing to be raised is VERY reasonable.
Happy to answer any questions that you may have. This will be my third year running with them.

Sorry, just looked and we are now sold out of Dopey.

Hi there Pat! Its Kelly from HFOT! Im also running Dopey with HFOT, looking forward to seeing you again!

Hey everybody! Back to the boards again. Work has finally slowed down so I have some time again lol.. Have been doing some ice skating this spring (and still). Havent done that for over 20 years.. Wow, forgot how much core strength and ankle strength I DIDNT have.. Looking forward to getting back into more the running part (still going to do skating, looking to get into a hockey league.)

I'm looking ahead to Dopey 2019 at this point since I didn't decide quite early enough to get a spot for 2018. Plus, it will be the 20th anniversary of my first marathon (and only Disney marathon) in 2019, so it seems fitting. Anyway, I see that there are many charities to raise funds for the events. I did my first all those years ago with LLS, but I'm curious about some of these others. Which organizations seem to be the best to raise money for...in terms of how much goes to the actual cause and how organized they are for their participating runners? Thanks for your thoughts!

Finally booked a room through DVC. Staying in a 1BR at Saratoga Springs, which isn't even close to what we wanted, but we have a room so I'll take it. We just became DVC members and this is our first time going around marathon weekend so we had no clue how booked up everything was going to be!

Finally booked a room through DVC. Staying in a 1BR at Saratoga Springs, which isn't even close to what we wanted, but we have a room so I'll take it. We just became DVC members and this is our first time going around marathon weekend so we had no clue how booked up everything was going to be!
That's kind of where we're at too. We were hoping for the 7 month window so we didn't have to use points at Poly but in the end we're waitlisted.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter