Official Dopey 2018 Thread

how many of you dopey's are from florida?
I’m not a native, but I’ve lived in FL longer than I haven’t, so close! After surviving 25+ FL summers, I definitely don’t think of myself as a “northerner” anymore lol! ;)

PSA: (If you need them) I just picked up some throwaway clothes from Walmart, big onesie for 4.99$ (marked down from 20$) and some xmas turtle neck's for 1.61$

Questions for all you experienced runDisney folks. I am in Corral D but will be stepping back to H to be with my sis-in-law for the half. Thought I saw somewhere that it is 8-15 minutes between each corral start. Is this correct? If so, does that mean I have to wait 1-2 hours after the race starts before Corral H gets let go? Also, do I have to be in my corral by 5:30? Just figuring if I have to wait for my corral to start I would rather be in a warm car.

I get 6 packs of Mylar blankets off of Amazon for $15. As a last gasp, the men's section of walmart usually has sweat pants for around $6 and sweatshirts for around $10-15. Those sweats were worth every penny in the marathon corral last year

It's funny seeing all of the posts about keeping warm on Marathon Sunday. With the low temp supposed to be in the mid-50's and me being used to the below zero wind chills of NY, I think I may show up in a Speedo. :)

Questions for all you experienced runDisney folks. I am in Corral D but will be stepping back to H to be with my sis-in-law for the half. Thought I saw somewhere that it is 8-15 minutes between each corral start. Is this correct? If so, does that mean I have to wait 1-2 hours after the race starts before Corral H gets let go? Also, do I have to be in my corral by 5:30? Just figuring if I have to wait for my corral to start I would rather be in a warm car.
Corral H will start about an hour after the race begins.

It's funny seeing all of the posts about keeping warm on Marathon Sunday. With the low temp supposed to be in the mid-50's and me being used to the below zero wind chills of NY, I think I may show up in a Speedo. :)

dont underestimate how the humidity effects the temperature. When I lived in california I thought the same thing, did dopey in 2015 and literally froze my butt off..

its been in the 50's today in tampa area and I been running earlier around 5am or so and been thinking how cold its been. HA maybe im just a sissy.

dont underestimate how the humidity effects the temperature. When I lived in california I thought the same thing, did dopey in 2015 and literally froze my butt off..

its been in the 50's today in tampa area and I been running earlier around 5am or so and been thinking how cold its been. HA maybe im just a sissy.

Actually, I was only kidding. I have a sweatshirt, sweatpants, hand warmers and more all ready for the races.

Marathon Sunday should be in the mid 40s at the start and warming up to the mid to upper 60s,the mid 50s are for Sunday night.

Did a slow 5K on the treadmill today and learned something new -it is really hard to run on a treadmill on a moving cruise ship! :crazy2: The sea wasn’t even that rough, so I would hate to see the gym in rough seas. One poor woman fell off (!), but thankfully was just walking at the time (treadmill wasn’t moving too fast), so she didn’t hurt herself.

I had the same issue on the two treadmill runs I did on my cruise last week. The rocking is just enough to throw you off balance. Made for a couple of interesting runs....

Marathon Sunday should be in the mid 40s at the start and warming up to the mid to upper 60s,the mid 50s are for Sunday night.

I hope you guys are right, but you may want to check your forecasts again. Everything I've been seeing has the marathon start in the mid-30s and it's been trending cooler as we get closer. That's without any wind, as well.

Though it is a good 10-20 degrees colder than I'd rather it be, I am grateful that it looks like sunny skies the whole weekend, and it sure beats being too hot!

Just making sure...Dopey bib color for 5K/10K is green on top/purple on bottom?

Dopey bib color for the half/full marathons is white on top/purple on the bottom?

Feeling nervous I'm going to wear the wrong one tomorrow!

Just making sure...Dopey bib color for 5K/10K is green on top/purple on bottom?

Dopey bib color for the half/full marathons is white on top/purple on the bottom?

Feeling nervous I'm going to wear the wrong one tomorrow!

I wasn’t sure either, but if you want to be absolutely certain in the morning (aside from listening to @rteetz, which you should always do), it says it on the back of the bib at the top.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter