Official Fantasyland Expansion Q & A (Mickey gets evicted) PART II

Rumor from another board is that the Tangled bathroom area will open on February 25th.

Also - can't believe we're almost at the point where we'll need to start Part III of this thread!

yes to continue to discuss a new bathroom. :lmao:

Speaking of the mine coaster ... any new photos of that area? It seems like the construction progress photos have dried up ever since the opening of the other areas. Did we all get bored with construction photos :bored::laughing:, or is there another thread where I can find them?

I am sure this has been mentioned before but I was wondering, Has there been any guesses as to when the mine car roller coaster will open?

As we are going this fall I am hopeful that all these rumors that disney is very disappointed with FLE returns thus far...that it will mean pressure to SpEEd up the coaster!

Nope, seems like it's been pushed back another 2 weeks.

Found an article with a number of pictures of the area though: http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/2013/02/fantasyland-news-seven-dwarfs-tangled_6712.html

Thanks for that link!! It looks awesome! LOVE the tower and the lanterns!!:thumbsup2:thumbsup2
We ate upstairs at Columbia last month and watched them working - the finishing touches are really beautiful.
My DGrD20mos is going to freak over this - she has been obsessed with Tangled since she was just a few months old - knows all the songs lol.

Please Please Please let there be a meet and greet here - it won't make any sense to me if there isn't.:confused3

Lorilais_mommie said:
The area seems quite large just for bathrooms..
Love the posters! Is one of the buildings a snuggly duckling?

It was rumored that there would also be an area for charging your electronics there too, do maybe that's why its bigger??

This is what the mine train area looked like last week when we visited. There were barriers all around it, which have the most adorable posters of the seven dwarfs interacting with various other Disney characters in a subtle way, like holding a "hunny" jar.
Right now the barriers pretty much cut off the "princess" part of Fantasyland from the Storybook circus.

Right now the barriers pretty much cut off the "princess" part of Fantasyland from the Storybook circus.

They do open them sometimes. We were there for President's Weekend and were in the MK on that Sunday (early! We left around noon) and the walkway from Under the Sea to Dumbo was open which really made the area feel more complete. I can't wait to see how the whole land works once the walls are down.

My only criticism so far is the new castle rampart walls. They are very pretty, but they just stand alone in the middle of the grounds and they feel oddly redundant. It would have been better if they had completed the run of the wall to connect at both sides (i.e. near to Pinocchio, over to the old Snow White ride) with archways underneath to allow for guest flow. As it is, they just stop in the middle of nowhere.

Andre

I was just there on Wednesday for the first time since last June and I have to agree with Andre, the new castle walls are a bit out of place to me and make it seem even more closed in. It was pretty crowded and that whole area was really congested. Hopefully once all of the construction walls are down it'll open things up a bit better.

I agree with the new castle walls being superfluous...

The Rapunzel area looks awesome and a nice resting area! I can't believe it isn't more...I'm okay with it not being a meet and greet but just surprised so much theming for restrooms...and notnjustmso much theming but such a popular movie/princess...

Would have thought a little show with dancing around the village or something cute like that would have been a good fit...

I agree with the new castle walls being superfluous...

The Rapunzel area looks awesome and a nice resting area! I can't believe it isn't more...I'm okay with it not being a meet and greet but just surprised so much theming for restrooms...and notnjustmso much theming but such a popular movie/princess...

Would have thought a little show with dancing around the village or something cute like that would have been a good fit...

How about Rappel With Rapunzel?

Time to head out to the Magic Kingdom:
149042687.jpg

...wait for the rope drop...
149042689.jpg

We started our visit with ETWB because it's newness and the length of the "show" cause lines of an hour or more later in the day.

Enchanted Tales with Belle
858156_10200601026645953_558827728_o.jpg

149042690.jpg

149042691.jpg

149042692.jpg

149042693.jpg

ETB was a sweet and fun experience with lots of cool new effects, by constantly moving, the 20+ minute experience doesn't feel so long. Amazingly the cast manages to get the most out of their little helpers and then all the participants and kids who weren't invited to participate, are invited to parade around the room and stop to have a photo with Belle at the hearth. You can take your own photo too, so long as you don't use flash. A little book mark gift is given to everyone in the show and in the parade, and Belle runs off for dinner with her prince!

Next we hustle straight to UTS; this is a continuous loader so it moves quick and there is always FP if you arrive later and it's a long line.

Under the Sea : Journey of the Little Mermaid

149042694.jpg

149042695.jpg

149042696.jpg

149042697.jpg

149042698.jpg

This ride is very gentle, similar to Pooh or Peter Pan. DD thought the pacing was so quick that you didn't get see the whole "scene" and dialogue at each section. Most folks know the story, but you sort of miss the jokes.

After this we went to Tomorrowland to visit a few old favorites (Space Mountain, Buzz Light Year, Wedway people mover and Laugh Factory) and then return to NFL at 11:30 AM just to look around and take photos.

StoryBook Circus:

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/644339_10200601647261468_381937595_n.jpg[img]

We didn't spend much time there, the rides and attractions are really for younger children, but the theming was really neat and it was worth a walk through by our family! It's a big improvement over Toon Town. There are many walls and ramparts set up to flow traffic around the NFL, soon when the Snow White Mine train is done, there will be good flow through NFL, but for now it's a bit of a bottle neck after 10:30...so we got in and out!

[B]Beasts castle:[/B]

[img]http://www.pbase.com/jklofft/image/149042702.jpg

149042704.jpg

Entry door:

149042705.jpg

Gastons:

149042703.jpg

We move onto Crystal Palace for lunch and then pooltime and a rest back at the BLT, then return at 4PM to grab FP's for Thunder Mountain, ride small world and have dinner at BOG.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter