Official February 2018 Rental Car Thread

Another thread bouncing about, since this one says "official" going with it :)

Yikes, rates are high. Have autoslash working for my dates, nothing promising there.

Sitting on an alamo via priceline starting 2/13 midsize $199 but flight has changed, now coming in earlier which will equal an 8 day reservation. Doubtful they will adjust at old rate.

Hoping rates start to drop they are crazy expensive. Wound up doing hotwire for upcoming trip starting 1/10, prefer knowing whom I'm dealing with in advance lol.

I was able to use the Costco codes on page 1 today to get a price I am happy with ($490 for 2 weeks for a van) with 2 drivers included. Was the same rate I got for the Vegas Brazil, but with a second driver and less chance of drama associated!!

Still sitting on a standard car (will get full size since Alamo doesn't have a standard class) w/ Alamo using a BJS code and 25.00off coupon. Total for 8 days is still sitting at 263.09. I was hoping to get that lower...

We've been looking at late January. Checking today, rates have gone up considerably. Just keep checking.

Are rental prices usually this high in February?

No the past few February’s. I’ve always gotten very good rates, but not this year. Actually ever since the September hurricane, prices have been high. Kept thinking they lost a lot of inventory then. That’s just my opinion though. I keep watching.

Last edited:
Not the past few February’s. I’ve always gotten very good rates, but not this year. Actually ever since the September hurricane, prices have been high. Kept thinking they lost a lot of inventory then. That’s just my opinion though. I keep watching.

Good of a theory as any, never thot of it. Probably more than a few people did a one-way rental back home vs flight.

As expected, for the extra 4 hours I needed with earlier flight the price jumped. Priceline refused to make a modification.

Alamo agreed to directly adjust my $199 rate booked on priceline (not a name your own price, but discounted thru autoslash link). My rate now $275 for what is indicated as Chrysler 200 - believe that's a mid-size designation.

Ouch, close to $20 more an hour lol.

I'm keeping an eye on mine for changes. My current lowest rate, booked through Costco on 10/25, is $466 for a compact from Feb 13-28 (Alamo). For a while it had soared to something ridiculous like $940, today it had dropped to $525 but that was through Enterprise.

I'm keeping an eye on mine for changes. My current lowest rate, booked through Costco on 10/25, is $466 for a compact from Feb 13-28 (Alamo). For a while it had soared to something ridiculous like $940, today it had dropped to $525 but that was through Enterprise.

Better than me. We are feb 5-21 (16 days). This morning it’s $528 for full size...that’s the lowest vehicle. Using AP code and $25 coupon. Last year it was under $300. My daughter is also watching for Jan 31 - feb 4 (4 days). Her best is $157 for full size.

I can't believe the rates for February. I currently have a reservation with Alamo for a full size at $279.00. In December for the same amount of days (7) it was $170 with Alamo for a full size. i will continue to check, but from what I see so far here my rate isn't that bad. Was sure hoping for the same rate I had in December.

Prices seem to have dropped for the first week of February. Just got a 8 day compact rental starting on the 2nd from payless for $153 all in. They were around $260 yesterday.

Keith

Went into ALAMO's site to price my rental again with the comments of prices dropping today. I wonder if it was a glitch as their website is down now. Hmmm

I just need 2 days pre-cruise and 2 days post cruise. Car Care Center, and Dolphin Hotel.
First rate is $98.47 mid-size only using emerald club. No other discounts or coupons Friday pick-up 2 day rental
Second rate is $52.10 mid size using one free day and emerald club. Monday pick-up 2 day rental
Using National with the 1-2 free day promotion.

I’ve seen my rates drop from 2/19-2/26 down to $234 full size through Costco and Alamo.

Went into ALAMO's site to price my rental again with the comments of prices dropping today. I wonder if it was a glitch as their website is down now. Hmmm

Went to check mine on Costco just now and Alamo doesn't even show up, only Avis and Budget. Hope it is a website issue!

I just need 2 days pre-cruise and 2 days post cruise. Car Care Center, and Dolphin Hotel.
First rate is $98.47 mid-size only using emerald club. No other discounts or coupons Friday pick-up 2 day rental
Second rate is $52.10 mid size using one free day and emerald club. Monday pick-up 2 day rental
Using National with the 1-2 free day promotion.

Doing similar. The rates of picking up on property are better than picking up at the airport. I’m using a free one day from National from airport to dolphin. Dropping off the next day and picking up a car for the week. The price is half what it is at the airport. While not cheap, it’s still enough to make me do this. We are staying at Bwv so still easy to do.

I may do the same for my upcoming trip. I haven't rented before st the Dolphin. I usually book a mid sized and find a nice car on the aisle at MCO. Should I instead pick a standard or full at the Dolphin to get something decent? Luggage not a concern.

Just used a 40% coupon and booked a Premium car that includes Wi-Fi & NAV for 1 week (02/27 - 03/04) in LA for $205. With an additional $25 rebate upon my trip completion, super stoked 'cause before that I wasn't able to find anything even remotely close to that deal, closest thing was around $260 for the smallest economic sized car, with no amenities.

Don't think i'm allowed to post my referral code here. The 40% off promo is valid for travel before March 31, 2018, But if someone want's in on the deal, shoot me a PM. (I hope that's allowed)

Time to search for slightly discounted tickets now :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter