**** OFFICIAL February 2018 Thread ****

Officially booked for February 7-13 at Port Orleans French Quarter! I got $99 flights when Southwest released them this morning, so I'm feeling pretty good! Our resort might change once deals for February come out in the fall since I know French Quarter isn't often included, but we will cross our fingers for now. We haven't stayed there before but I love how small it is and I've heard the new splash pad is fabulous!

I tried to talk my husband into going without the dining plan this time, but he talked me back into it. Since our son will be just under 3 and will still be free at buffets/family style I think it does actually work in our favor.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed with you that FQ is included in discounts! I want to stay here so much, but I've never gotten to!

New poster here!
We (me, the hub and our daughter) are booked February 26-March 2 at POR. We are super excited! Any planning hints for this time of year are welcome!! Thanks

In for the first week of Feb, got a pretty awesome $81 each way from Southwest. Don't know where we'll stay; plan on booking a bounce back as part of another trip, or maybe get a great AP rate. Glad to be a part of the club. :)

Officially booked for February 7-13 at Port Orleans French Quarter! I got $99 flights when Southwest released them this morning, so I'm feeling pretty good! Our resort might change once deals for February come out in the fall since I know French Quarter isn't often included, but we will cross our fingers for now. We haven't stayed there before but I love how small it is and I've heard the new splash pad is fabulous!

I tried to talk my husband into going without the dining plan this time, but he talked me back into it. Since our son will be just under 3 and will still be free at buffets/family style I think it does actually work in our favor.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed with you that FQ is included in discounts! I want to stay here so much, but I've never gotten to!

Crossing my fingers and wishing for Pixie Dust for both of you. I LOVE POFQ. I know I've said this over and over, but it really is pretty, quaint and charming and feels like a little neighborhood to me. I've yet to manage to score a discount there; hopefully you will have better luck.

ETA: Woohoo, I'm booked!! @Amunet on your next roll call update, please switch me from "TBD" to POP (2/3-2/10 are still my dates). I will get back to POFQ one of these years, but for now the $$$ savings at POP are too much to pass up and besides, I really really want one of those refurbished rooms.

I love having a ticker again! And yes, this is the view I hope to have, and I went with the Pluto slider this year in honor of the new decor.

Last edited:

Same here! I'm not holding my breath for anything, and I may keep the reservation even if there isn't a discount. We really want to stay at a moderate this time, and since the other ones are so big I would want a preferred room, so it may come out the same anyway! We'll see!

Crossing my fingers and wishing for Pixie Dust for both of you. I LOVE POFQ. I know I've said this over and over, but it really is pretty, quaint and charming and feels like a little neighborhood to me. I've yet to manage to score a discount there; hopefully you will have better luck.

ETA: Woohoo, I'm booked!! @Amunet on your next roll call update, please switch me from "TBD" to POP (2/3-2/10 are still my dates). I will get back to POFQ one of these years, but for now the $$$ savings at POP are too much to pass up and besides, I really really want one of those refurbished rooms.

I love having a ticker again! And yes, this is the view I hope to have, and I went with the Pluto slider this year in honor of the new decor.

It seems like POFQ is usually excluded, I think it was excluded from Stay Play and Dine last year, so I don't have much hope! Oh well, we may stay there anyway.

We love Pop! We have stayed there more than any other resort. We booked a preferred room this past January and got upgraded to a preferred pool view and it was so fantastic! We loved being steps from the main building.

Updated up to this post :)

New poster here!
We (me, the hub and our daughter) are booked February 26-March 2 at POR. We are super excited! Any planning hints for this time of year are welcome!! Thanks
Yay! Have you stayed at POR? It's one of my favorite resorts ^_^ Do you have a specific room type in mind?

In for the first week of Feb, got a pretty awesome $81 each way from Southwest. Don't know where we'll stay; plan on booking a bounce back as part of another trip, or maybe get a great AP rate. Glad to be a part of the club. :)
That is an amazing deal! I adore Southwest. As soon as you get the exact dates and resort, please do let me know so I can update the list :)

YAY! I've always been interested in POP but have never been. I've only been to AoA for Values, but I am going to be staying at ASMo on my upcoming September trip :) The updates look cute at POP though, I like the noticeable Disney touches.
You must be excited to finally pin your resort down ^_^

Same here! I'm not holding my breath for anything, and I may keep the reservation even if there isn't a discount. We really want to stay at a moderate this time, and since the other ones are so big I would want a preferred room, so it may come out the same anyway! We'll see!

It seems like POFQ is usually excluded, I think it was excluded from Stay Play and Dine last year, so I don't have much hope! Oh well, we may stay there anyway.

We love Pop! We have stayed there more than any other resort. We booked a preferred room this past January and got upgraded to a preferred pool view and it was so fantastic! We loved being steps from the main building.

One of the best things about POFQ: I stopped even making room requests there because I really don't think there is a "bad" location. And the walk to Riverside is nice if you want to visit there.

Wow, nice upgrade at POP! :thumbsup2 I stayed there for the first time last February and booked Preferred and got a great location in the 70s (bldg 10 ground floor on the end closest to Classic Hall), super convenient. I'm going with Preferred again next year and requesting 70s; I really like that area.

Updated up to this post :)

YAY! I've always been interested in POP but have never been. I've only been to AoA for Values, but I am going to be staying at ASMo on my upcoming September trip :) The updates look cute at POP though, I like the noticeable Disney touches.
You must be excited to finally pin your resort down ^_^

Thanks! POP is the only value I've done and I like it. I haven't stayed at AOA but love walking around there and eating at their food court. And yes, I'm excited. :goodvibes Getting that resort confirmation always makes the trip really real. :cool1:

I'll be going down 2/23-2/28 with one of my sisters who will be running the Half for the PHM weekend. (My knee said no to trying to do the 10k last year, so I'm just going for fun so she's not all alone :P Right now we're at POP, but we may move to POFQ, or do a split stay like last year :D

My family and I will be staying offsite for our first ever WDW trip 2/19-2/22. I'm a little afraid of the dates we picked crowd wise (my sister and her family could only go during presidents week), but we'll make the best of it!

Booked my DVC rental at Jambo House AKL for February 3-8. Can't wait! Plus a little crazy nervous about getting the ADRs that I want.

My family and I will be staying offsite for our first ever WDW trip 2/19-2/22. I'm a little afraid of the dates we picked crowd wise (my sister and her family could only go during presidents week), but we'll make the best of it!

Think of it as a "sample" trip. Figure out your top priorities and focus on those, and anything else you get to do is a bonus. My first WDW trip (1999 with my sister) was relatively short and there was a lot we didn't do, but I didn't really think about that until after the trip. We had a great time with what we did get to do. Have a good time and hopefully there will be more and longer trips in your future.

Booked my DVC rental at Jambo House AKL for February 3-8. Can't wait! Plus a little crazy nervous about getting the ADRs that I want.

I know! I'm Feb 3-10, and August 7 is our ADR date (yours and mine). I think the toughest ADR I'm going for is a dinner at Cali Grill (my first time there), although I'm probably also going to look for a lunch at Beaches & Cream (never been there, either). Gotta get my annual pizza night at Via Napoli, and something at Hollywood Brown Derby to try the new choices on the mix & match dessert trio. I definitely want breakfast and lunch at the Wave, but those are easy to get, so I expect I'll book those closer to time.

The real crazy nervous day is Dec 5 - Fast Passes! And of course I'm after FoP. :thumbsup2

I know! I'm Feb 3-10, and August 7 is our ADR date (yours and mine). I think the toughest ADR I'm going for is a dinner at Cali Grill (my first time there), although I'm probably also going to look for a lunch at Beaches & Cream (never been there, either). Gotta get my annual pizza night at Via Napoli, and something at Hollywood Brown Derby to try the new choices on the mix & match dessert trio. I definitely want breakfast and lunch at the Wave, but those are easy to get, so I expect I'll book those closer to time.

The real crazy nervous day is Dec 5 - Fast Passes! And of course I'm after FoP. :thumbsup2
Oh yeah, same reservation dates! I'm hoping it isn't too bad. I Can't do FoP because we're going with our twin 3 (almost 4 at that point) year old daughters, so going for Na'vi River. But we want BOG for dinner. My girls have been begging to meet the beast. That and CRT for breakfast. Shooting for both on day 5, as well a 7DMT for day 3.

Crossing my fingers for your reservations too!

Oh yeah, same reservation dates! I'm hoping it isn't too bad. I Can't do FoP because we're going with our twin 3 (almost 4 at that point) year old daughters, so going for Na'vi River. But we want BOG for dinner. My girls have been begging to meet the beast. That and CRT for breakfast. Shooting for both on day 5, as well a 7DMT for day 3.

Crossing my fingers for your reservations too!

Wishing you lots of Pixie Dust for BOG dinner and CRT breakfast. I've never been to CRT, but had dinner at BOG a few years ago and really enjoyed it. I met the Beast and he was a very gracious host. :goodvibes

Updated to this post :)

Sorry for the delay, I've been fundraising and now I'm sick ... bleh :sick:

No dates in stone right now, but I signed up for the half marathon so I have to be there for Sunday 2/25! I'm anticipating a Thursday-Tuesday stay, but my friend and I need to finalize dates so we can book our hotel and flights. :) Very excited to be back!

Officially booked a 2 bdrm BC Villa for our party of 6 for Feb 25th - Mar 3rd! We went in Dec '16 (just my husband, two children and I) and it didn't take long for us to start planning a second trip! This time my parents will be coming too. Cannot wait!

Booked yesterday!!! Decided to take the grandson to Disney while I have an annual pass. Going 2/10/18 through 2/17/18. We are staying offsite at Silverlake Resort. Now waiting for my miles as I got in on Southwest 60,000 mile deal and will get both of our tickets through SW! So excited. Christmas and Valentines at my favorite happy place!

Booked yesterday!!! Decided to take the grandson to Disney while I have an annual pass. Going 2/10/18 through 2/17/18. We are staying offsite at Silverlake Resort. Now waiting for my miles as I got in on Southwest 60,000 mile deal and will get both of our tickets through SW! So excited. Christmas and Valentines at my favorite happy place!
We did the SW Credit Cards too! Can't wait for that companion pass!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!