**** OFFICIAL February 2018 Thread ****

Updated to this post :flower1:

We are also coming in February, 2/11-2/16, celebrating my 30th birthday! It'll also be my 4-year-old daughter's, 1-year-old niece's, and 60-year-old dad's first trip to Disney World so we are super excited :-)
May I ask the resort?

My friend and I are booked!

2/22-2/28 at Port Orleans Riverside for the Princess Half Marathon! So excited!! :)
Yay!! Are you guys going for the Royal Room?

Hi everyone! I've been lurking the boards forever, but this is my first time posting! Heading to Disney Feb. 15-20 and staying at Old Key West! I know this is going to be a crowded weekend, but anyone have any idea what we should expect? I've been there right after Christmas and for New Year's a couple of times so I feel like we should be able to handle the crowds! I'm going with my family (we have been probably about ten times throughout my life- I'm 26 now), but this is the first time my boyfriend will be joining. I'm excited to experience everything with him and take lots of cheesy couple pics everywhere :love:
:welcome:
I hope you find the boards useful :)
I don't know what that weekend is like but I can relate to all the cheesy couple pics! Last year was my boyfriend's first visit :blush: I hope you all have fun!

We've changed our reservations to Feb 3rd - 10th. Can we get that updated pretty please? :) ADRs just a few days away now.
I already ha

My family and I are visiting Feb 4-Feb 9 2018.
Any thoughts on whether Rivers of Light will be showing during that week and if so which nights? I am hoping to do ADRs next week but it's tricky because I don't know which day to visit AK...

Updated to this post

We are also coming in February, 2/11-2/16, celebrating my 30th birthday! It'll also be my 4-year-old daughter's, 1-year-old niece's, and 60-year-old dad's first trip to Disney World so we are super excited

May I ask the resort?

My friend and I are booked!

2/22-2/28 at Port Orleans Riverside for the Princess Half Marathon! So excited!!

Hi everyone! I've been lurking the boards forever, but this is my first time posting! Heading to Disney Feb. 15-20 and staying at Old Key West! I know this is going to be a crowded weekend, but anyone have any idea what we should expect? I've been there right after Christmas and for New Year's a couple of times so I feel like we should be able to handle the crowds! I'm going with my family (we have been probably about ten times throughout my life- I'm 26 now), but this is the first time my boyfriend will be joining. I'm excited to experience everything with him and take lots of cheesy couple pics everywhere

I don't know what that weekend is like but I can relate to all the cheesy couple pics! Last year was my boyfriend's first visit

I hope you all have fun!

We've changed our reservations to Feb 3rd - 10th. Can we get that updated pretty please?

ADRs just a few days away now.

I already have those dates down for you, is there a typo?

My family and I are visiting Feb 4-Feb 9 2018.

Any thoughts on whether Rivers of Light will be showing during that week and if so which nights? I am hoping to do ADRs next week but it's tricky because I don't know which day to visit AK...

May I ask your resort?

Last edited:
Awesome! And you had some tough-to-get ones in there. Congrats!

I got up early this morning and got the 4 I wanted to book today, at the dates and times I wanted. Got my PPO breakfast at Tusker House, lunch at GF Cafe, dinner at Cali Grill, and my annual Pizza Night at Via Napoli.

I will make a couple more after I have FPs set, but they are easy-to-get things and I'm flexible on days/times.

Good luck and Pixie Dust to everyone with ADR dates coming up!

Awesome! And you had some tough-to-get ones in there. Congrats!

I got up early this morning and got the 4 I wanted to book today, at the dates and times I wanted. Got my PPO breakfast at Tusker House, lunch at GF Cafe, dinner at Cali Grill, and my annual Pizza Night at Via Napoli.

I will make a couple more after I have FPs set, but they are easy-to-get things and I'm flexible on days/times.

Good luck and Pixie Dust to everyone with ADR dates coming up!
That's awesome! So glad it worked out for you too!

Good morning! Looking forward to our Feb 2018 trip. Kids have an extra 2 days off for President's Day weekend so we are meeting my parents in Disney. Staying 2/15-2/20 at the Dolphin. Keeping an eye out for discounts at AKL.

Questions to everyone:
1. Trying to map out my Pandora strategy. Was thinking about booking a PPO Tusker House but looking at the boards it doesn't look like this is worth doing. Kids are getting older and motivating them at 7AM is pretty tough.
2. What's your plan for Sunday the 18th? Looks packed!!

Well today was my ADR day and I got everything I wanted, except it looks like the Fantasmic packages for February aren't loaded in the system yet. So now I just have to check obsessively for that and we will be good to go! 180 days!!!

I was also able to book the fireworks dessert party in Magic Kingdom with Plaza viewing. I'm very excited about that! I think it will be perfect with a toddler.

Last edited:
Well today was my ADR day and I got everything I wanted, except it looks like the Fantasmic packages for February aren't loaded in the system yet. So now I just have to check obsessively for that and we will be good to go! 180 days!!!

I was also able to book the fireworks dessert party in Magic Kingdom with Plaza viewing. I'm very excited about that! I think it will be perfect with a toddler.

Awesome! Congrats! My is coming up on Sunday. I'm nervous!

Awesome! Congrats! My is coming up on Sunday. I'm nervous!

Good luck! I always get nervous too and I typically never have a problem getting things as long as I'm on in the morning that first day. It's when I try to change things closer to the trip that I struggle. I'm sure you will get what you want!

Good morning everyone!

We were originally booked for September for our DD2's 5th birthday, but we had to move it to February 9-18 @por in one of the Royal Rooms. We are a little bummed, but the weather will be soooo much nicer, it makes it worth it. We are also excited because we heard that they will be bringing back the International Arts Festival and I saw some really great things about it last year.

We didn't even notice that we were scheduled to be in WDW over Mardi Gras and were wondering if there are celebrations all over or just at POR? How do we find out when the parade will be at POR and can anyone go?

Our dining day is Sunday and I'm not sure what we are going to do yet since park hours are not up yet. Any idea how I can guesstimate what parks will have EMH on what days?

Thanks for your help everyone.

Good morning everyone!

We were originally booked for September for our DD2's 5th birthday, but we had to move it to February 9-18 @por in one of the Royal Rooms. We are a little bummed, but the weather will be soooo much nicer, it makes it worth it. We are also excited because we heard that they will be bringing back the International Arts Festival and I saw some really great things about it last year.

We didn't even notice that we were scheduled to be in WDW over Mardi Gras and were wondering if there are celebrations all over or just at POR? How do we find out when the parade will be at POR and can anyone go?

Our dining day is Sunday and I'm not sure what we are going to do yet since park hours are not up yet. Any idea how I can guesstimate what parks will have EMH on what days?

I used Kenny the Pirate's crowd calendar to work from. I hadn't used him before but I've read that he's pretty accurate.

Good morning everyone!

If you have not done this yet, check out portorleans.org - the website run by Andre Willey who maintains the POR and POFQ FAQ threads on the DIS. It is a great resource for all things Port Orleans and I expect he will post info on Mardi Gras at the resorts when it becomes available.

I was there on Mardi Gras a few years back and I was not aware of any official events in the parks, but there was a "sea of purple and gold" (Tiana's words) at MK rope drop that day from all the guests from Louisiana. Go meet Tiana that day if you can; Mardi Gras and the influx of guests from her hometown is a good conversation starter.

For EMH and hours without a February calendar, I would look at the calendar for late January 2018. No guarantee, but I bet it will be pretty close to Feb.

Next year will be my 5th visit during February - obviously I like going at that time. Weather is usually very nice. If the food booths are out again at the Epcot arts festival, and they have the "Pop Eats" booth again, and that booth still has the almond cake with raspberry and chocolate that looks like a Mondrian painting... :love::thumbsup2:thumbsup2

We will be staying two nights at BLT before we cruise on the Dream. Checking in on my birthday (2/10). My ADR opens Monday and I'm planning on trying some new places we haven't been before - Liberty Tree Tavern, O'hana (breakfast) and maybe Tony's, none of which should be too difficult. I do want breakfast at BOG too which may be harder to get. Open to suggestions or ideas for celebrating my birthday at magic kingdom?

Updated to this post

Feb 4-Feb 9 at Wilderness Lodge

May I ask the resort?

I don't know what that weekend is like but I can relate to all the cheesy couple pics! Last year was my boyfriend's first visit

I hope you all have fun!

I already have those dates down for you, is there a typo?

May I ask your resort?

If you have not done this yet, check out portorleans.org - the website run by Andre Willey who maintains the POR and POFQ FAQ threads on the DIS. It is a great resource for all things Port Orleans and I expect he will post info on Mardi Gras at the resorts when it becomes available.

I was there on Mardi Gras a few years back and I was not aware of any official events in the parks, but there was a "sea of purple and gold" (Tiana's words) at MK rope drop that day from all the guests from Louisiana. Go meet Tiana that day if you can; Mardi Gras and the influx of guests from her hometown is a good conversation starter.

For EMH and hours without a February calendar, I would look at the calendar for late January 2018. No guarantee, but I bet it will be pretty close to Feb.

Next year will be my 5th visit during February - obviously I like going at that time. Weather is usually very nice. If the food booths are out again at the Epcot arts festival, and they have the "Pop Eats" booth again, and that booth still has the almond cake with raspberry and chocolate that looks like a Mondrian painting... :love::thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Thank you so much! You are an absolute fountain of knowledge, lol.

We love food booths at Epcot, so I am really interested to hear what may be available ... do you know of a thread I could look at from last year that may have this information? Everything I read last year (earlier this year) was one person accounts.

I'm gonna go check out the website now :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!