Official Gatwick meet & greet north

Tash87

DIS Veteran
I really want to book this option but hubby would rather pay more to use the official gatwick car park where you park the car yourself and take the keys with you.

We have always used the official gatwick park it yourself option so that's fine but I would rather just walk to the terminal instead of waiting for a bus with 2 little ones.

We can't decide so have any of you had experiences with the meet and greet at Gatwick airport ONLY OFFICIAL!!

We use the gatwick Valet all the time. The parking is right next to the terminal entrance, and they have your car waiting for you when you pick up again, right off the ramp from the terminal. Super easy to use, I just jotted down my mileage and checked after, there was nothing scary on there. We have a 6 and 3 year old.

We always use Gatwick valet (since a meet and greet company couldn’t find our car when we got home!). Great option, park in short stay, hand in keys, very short walk to terminal and easy reverse process on way back

Thank you both :) @sarahb74 That sounds terrible! That's exactly why we only use official gatwick. I'm still struggling to persuade hubby that M&G with gatwick will/should be fine.

What is the difference between meet and greet and valet? Also where do they keep the cars?

We always use Gatwick Valet since we found our car had been shunted in a car park at a Meet and Greet. With Valet you drive into the short stay multi storey car park and they take the car away. With Gatwick official it is parked within the perimeter of the airport. We tracked the car with our app and it did not move the whole of the stay. The car is then taken back to the car park for you to pick up on your return. It is a pretty efficient service.

We used Official North Terminal Valet in Jan, no issues at all, it's set up like the rental returns at MCO when you drop off.

Pickup was seamless, the car was already there, spaces are large enough to get everything/everyone in.

I think I'm gonna go ahead and book although hubby has said if the car comes back damaged, on my head be it :worship:

He doesn't like the idea of someone driving our car, which I totally understand so fingers crossed it will be fine.

Also the official gatwick meet and greet is slightly cheaper than valet but I can't work out what's different? It doesn't really say on their website.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter