Official 'how to get from point A to point B while at WDW' thread.

goofy4tink

No tags...not needed! Transportation moderator
Okay guys...lets see if we can organize any and all quetions pertaining to transportation within WDW here. It may help others to know exactly where to go to get the best info.
I expect to see lots of good info here everyone. But, not looking for debates on rental car vs buses. Basically how to get around using Disney transportation only.
Thanks..and have at it!!!:boat::drive::tiptoe::teleport:

I'll start with this one.....(thanks MagicBus)

Bus & Monorail Park to Park Transportation

From MK to:
AK, bus at MK bus stop
DHS, bus at MK bus stop
Epcot, Monorail from TTC

From Epcot to:
AK, bus
DHS, bus
TTC/MK, Monorail

From DHS to:
AK, bus
Epcot, bus
MK, bus stop

From AK to:
DHS, bus
Epcot bus
MK, bus stop

There is also boat transportation between DHS & Epcot.

Last edited:
Okay, since I'm the first one here, I might as well just ask the question I'm sure is on everyone's mind...:rolleyes1

What is the best way to get to O'hana's for breakfast from Port Orleans Riverside? I have a 7:30 am ressie, and I'm not scared to get up early:)

Carey

Hi. I'm new here, although I have been lurking for a while.

My family is going in late January. We're going to be at the MK for the day and then go to Tutto Italia for dinner. Should we take the monorail over to Epcot and walk through FW to the WS or should we take a bus from MK to the Beach Club and then take a bus or walk?

The benefit to the Monorail I can see is that we will have at least one stroller and you can roll those things right on the monorail as opposed to folding them up like you do on the bus.

Okay, since I'm the first one here, I might as well just ask the question I'm sure is on everyone's mind...:rolleyes1

What is the best way to get to O'hana's for breakfast from Port Orleans Riverside? I have a 7:30 am ressie, and I'm not scared to get up early:)

Carey
Be at the bus stop by 6:30
Board the MK-bound bus
Once at the park, walk past the park entrance toward the monorail
Board the resorts monorail
Exit at the Polynesian
Enter the resort, head to your left, go past the coffee counter and Kona Cafe, check in at 'Ohana
Or take a taxi.

Hi. I'm new here, although I have been lurking for a while.

My family is going in late January. We're going to be at the MK for the day and then go to Tutto Italia for dinner. Should we take the monorail over to Epcot and walk through FW to the WS or should we take a bus from MK to the Beach Club and then take a bus or walk?

The benefit to the Monorail I can see is that we will have at least one stroller and you can roll those things right on the monorail as opposed to folding them up like you do on the bus.
Advantage to Plan B: simplification. Yes, you'll have to fold the stroller - but you will board one mode of transportation, the bus. With the monorail, you need to board one monorail (or the ferry) from the park to the TTC, then transfer at the TTC, then board another monorail, then still get all the way through the park. Using the bus alternative, you fold the stroller once, board the bus, exit at BC, walk from there to the IG to your dinner.

Advantage to Plan B: simplification. Yes, you'll have to fold the stroller - but you will board one mode of transportation, the bus. With the monorail, you need to board one monorail (or the ferry) from the park to the TTC, then transfer at the TTC, then board another monorail, then still get all the way through the park. Using the bus alternative, you fold the stroller once, board the bus, exit at BC, walk from there to the IG to your dinner.

Good point. And one less thing to "wait" for. I think we'll go with option B. :lol Thanks.

ETA: I meant take a boat (not bus) from Beach Club to the WS. I know it's close but I don't know if my Mom would be up for walking. It hardly seems worth waiting for a boat, though, so if we have enough time we could just slowly walk.

Good point. And one less thing to "wait" for. I think we'll go with option B. :lol Thanks.

ETA: I meant take a boat (not bus) from Beach Club to the WS. I know it's close but I don't know if my Mom would be up for walking. It hardly seems worth waiting for a boat, though, so if we have enough time we could just slowly walk.

It really is only a 5 minute walk from BC to Epcot - up a slight incline and then back down - it's very close. I'm sure it's closer than walking from the Epcot IG entrance to Italy, and you're going to have to do that regardless since the boat only drops you off at the IG entrance way.

There's also axxxxxx
That transportation calculator is less then worthless.

Look up the suggested routes from the Contemporary to DTD. Which one would you suggest?

Now look up CSR to Boardwalk Inn. The direct bus from CSR to Boardwalk was discontinued more then 10 years ago. EPCOT requires park admission and a long walk through EPCOT. The correct transfer point, DHS isn't listed.

There are other examples.

Only suggest the wizard to people you don't like. Haven't you read previous posts regarding the wizard?

edit to add several of us have brought sent OLP messages regarding the erros. We were thanked for bringing the errors to their attention. Were told they'd be making corrections. The site shows Bay Lake Towers. It updated the name of the Studios to DHS. The wizard has the appearance of being updated. I have to assume the person responsible for the wizard is a sadistic person who takes delight in giving wrong information.

That transportation calculator is less then worthless.

Look up the suggested routes from the Contemporary to DTD. Which one would you suggest?

Now look up CSR to Boardwalk Inn. The direct bus from CSR to Boardwalk was discontinued more then 10 years ago. EPCOT requires park admission and a long walk through EPCOT. The correct transfer point, DHS isn't listed.

There are other examples.

Only suggest the wizard to people you don't like. Haven't you read previous posts regarding the wizard?

No, I'm afraid haven't read every post on the Dis! If it doesn't work for you, fine -- but no need to be condescending about it.

No, I'm afraid haven't read every post on the Dis! If it doesn't work for you, fine -- but no need to be condescending about it.

I thought you posted in a previous thread regarding the wizard. My bad. Sorry. My comments are more directed to OLP, but they don't care.

The question isn't if it works for me but if it works for anyone. You provided the link. Take the 2 minutes to look up the two examples I posted. What do you think?

I'm not denying it works sometimes but even a stopped watch is right twice a day. OK that comment only applies to analog watches but you get the point.

I thought you posted in a previous thread regarding the wizard. My bad. My comments are more directed to OLP, but they don't care.

The question isn't if it works for me but if it works for anyone. You provided the link. Take the 2 minutes to look up the two examples I posted. What do you think?

I'm not denying it works sometimes but even a stopped watch is right twice a day. OK that comment only applies to analog watches but you get the point.

I did not look up every possible route combination on there, not did I post on another thread about it. Nor do I dislike the people here on the Dis, as was also suggested.

I have no intention to look up your examples because I have no reason to doubt your criticisms of it. I had this bookmarked from a while back, tested it out briefly when this thread came up (not using the sample routes you provided) and it seemed fine, so I posted it here in an attempt to be helpful. That's all.

I did not look up every possible route combination on there, not did I post on another thread about it. Nor do I dislike the people here on the Dis, as was also suggested.

I have no intention to look up your examples because I have no reason to doubt your criticisms of it. I had this bookmarked from a while back, tested it out briefly when this thread came up (not using the sample routes you provided) and it seemed fine, so I posted it here in an attempt to be helpful. That's all.

I'm sorry. I confused you with other posters who continue to suggest the wizard.

Some of their routes are correct. Many aren't.

CSR bus to Boardwalk. That bus hasn't run for over 10 years.

Other routes don't make any sense.

Contemporary via monorail to GF. Bus from GF to DTD.
or
Contemporary to FW via boat. Bus from FW to DTD.

On 12/6 we are touring MK. We will get there at RD and have a 12:25pm ADR at Whispering Canyon Cafe. We are also planning on hopping over to DHS to Fantasmic!

My question is will we have likely have enough time to get back to MK for more touring, or should we head over to DHS after lunch? Any specific routes that make the most sense.

We will have another full day in MK as well as a MVMCP so if we don't go back, it won't be the end of the world. That being said, my kiddos are the type to run to go non-stop and they will be hungry to go back to a park and I am thinking that DHS will be a zoo and we will have toured that already.

TIA

You would not need to leave directly from lunch to go to DHS for Fantasmic if that's all you're trying to do (but you could take a bus straight to DHS from WL). I think you would be done with lunch by 2:00, so it all depends on what time you want to arrive to DHS or how much running around you feel like doing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!