Official 'how to get from point A to point B while at WDW' thread.

My wife and I will be staying at the Waldorf in December and would like to hit up Geyser Point at Wilderness lodge in the late afternoon or evening.
I know there were restrictions on resort hopping in 2021/2022, where one needed a reservation and possibly not being allowed to Uber/Lyft there directly.

Is that still a restriction?
I would like to be able to take a Lyft directly to Wilderness Lodge to eat at Geyser Point the afternoon we get into Florida. Is that possible, or must we take a bus from Disney Springs?
Using a ride share in the afternoon can honestly go either way. You would not be allowed to park there but security may allow a ride share or, they may not. The safest way would be to arrive via bus from DS.

Using a ride share in the afternoon can honestly go either way. You would not be allowed to park there but security may allow a ride share or, they may not. The safest way would be to arrive via bus from DS.

Just thought I would post an update. I called Wilderness Lodge and asked for a definitive answer. They said that I would need a dining reservation at an on-site restaurant that takes reservations in order to be dropped off.
So, Geyser Point would not count. The wife and I will likely just Lyft to TTC, Monorail to MK, and boat to Wilderness Lodge.
The wife wants to ride the Monorail anyway.

Just thought I would post an update. I called Wilderness Lodge and asked for a definitive answer. They said that I would need a dining reservation at an on-site restaurant that takes reservations in order to be dropped off.
So, Geyser Point would not count. The wife and I will likely just Lyft to TTC, Monorail to MK, and boat to Wilderness Lodge.
The wife wants to ride the Monorail anyway.
Thanks for the update!

If I have a reservation at Kona cafe for 1pm, would I be able to leave my car there and head to magic kingdom for the afternoon?

If I have a reservation at Kona cafe for 1pm, would I be able to leave my car there and head to magic kingdom for the afternoon?
You are not supposed to, and depending on how crowded the Poly is you may even need to park in the TTC with a reservation.

If you really don't want to deal with the TTC, you can valet and park as long as you'd like.

How best to get from Contemporary to Grand Floridian and WL (in either order from Contemporary)? Will use ride share to get to Contemporary but prefer bus/boat/monorail from there.

How best to get from Contemporary to Grand Floridian and WL (in either order from Contemporary)? Will use ride share to get to Contemporary but prefer bus/boat/monorail from there.

Just as a fyi if you don't have an adr or reservation at the contemporary, depending on time of year, ride shares are not allowed to just drop guests off there. Found that out from a conversation with our minnie van driver in August. He can drop off at the mk bus drop off, but was telling us about the hassle of guests wanting to be dropped off at the Contemporary to use it as a waypoint, and how they couldn't do that.

Just as a fyi if you don't have an adr or reservation at the contemporary, depending on time of year, ride shares are not allowed to just drop guests off there.
Yes we have an ADR at Chef Mickey's for breakfast and want to see GF and WL afterwards. But we can't leave our cars at CR while we go elsewhere so I thought we'd ride share to CR and go on from there to GF and WL - just don't know the best way to do that.

From CR to GF take the Resort Monorail; it will be 3 stops.
From GF to WL, if you must use Disney transportation, take the monorail to MK (1 stop) and the boat from there to WL.

How best to get from Contemporary to Grand Floridian and WL (in either order from Contemporary)?

From GF to WL, if you must use Disney transportation, take the monorail to MK (1 stop) and the boat from there to WL.
The boats from CR to WL and Ft. Wilderness are back in service, too. So you have the choice of

1) taking the monorail to MK (it will stop at TTC, Poly, and GF before MK) and then taking the boat from there,
2) walking from CR to MK and taking the WL boat from there, or
3) exiting the back of CR to the dock and taking the "blue flag" boat to WL.

What is the easiest way to get from MK after MVMCP to the Hilton in DS? 2 adults, 2 kids 12&9. I know we could bus to SS and then walk to DS but I'm not sure if we'll be up for that at that point. Would I need to go to TTC and get an uber/lyft? I imagine it would be a pretty lenghty wait after the party. What side of DS is the Minnie Van drop off?

What is the easiest way to get from MK after MVMCP to the Hilton in DS? 2 adults, 2 kids 12&9. I know we could bus to SS and then walk to DS but I'm not sure if we'll be up for that at that point. Would I need to go to TTC and get an uber/lyft? I imagine it would be a pretty lenghty wait after the party. What side of DS is the Minnie Van drop off?
You should be able to take a Minnie Van directly to the hotel.

Why can't you just lyft or Uber directly from Magic Kingdom? Or you could walk to Contemporary and do the same.

Why can't you just lyft or Uber directly from Magic Kingdom? Or you could walk to Contemporary and do the same.
I would be very cautious walking to CR and hoping for a ride share. Yes, it can be done…..but you could easily get stuck for over an hour and sometimes the guard house won’t let drivers in - last November we had 2 Lyft drivers cancel on us right at the resort entrance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!