Official 'how to get from point A to point B while at WDW' thread.

Hi, I need help. I plan to rent a car from Alamo at the Disney Car Center and will need to return it Sat 8/26. I read that they offer a shuttle to bring you back to your resort or to the TTC. I have an 8am tour scheduled at MK. What time do you recommend for dropping the car off in order to get to the tour on time. In addition, do you think the monorail or a bus will be running that early from TTC to get to MK on time? Or will I need to taxi/uber from TTC to MK?

You can't take a taxi from the TTC to MK - if the shuttle can drop you off at a resort other than your own, then have it drop you off at the Contemporary and you can walk to MK.

What would be the best way to get from YC to the Poly and back? We won't have access to the parks that day so we can't cut through Epcot and take the monorail. This is a resort day with just breakfast at Ohana scheduled, and we wouldn't be in any hurry at all and would like a chance to "see the sights." Is there a way to include both monorail and a boat ride? I was thinking maybe bus to TTC and then walk to Poly, stopping to check out GF on the way. Then on the way back, taking the monorail from Poly to TTC and then the bus to HS, then the boat from there to Swalphin. This probably isn't the most direct, but this is possible, right? Any better ideas?

What would be the best way to get from YC to the Poly and back? We won't have access to the parks that day so we can't cut through Epcot and take the monorail. This is a resort day with just breakfast at Ohana scheduled, and we wouldn't be in any hurry at all and would like a chance to "see the sights." Is there a way to include both monorail and a boat ride? I was thinking maybe bus to TTC and then walk to Poly, stopping to check out GF on the way. Then on the way back, taking the monorail from Poly to TTC and then the bus to HS, then the boat from there to Swalphin. This probably isn't the most direct, but this is possible, right? Any better ideas?

There aren't any buses between the resorts and the TTC, nor are there buses between the TTC and the parks. Take the bus to MK, then the monorail or the boat to the Poly. Afterwards, take the monorail to the GF, then the bus to DHS.

There aren't any buses between the resorts and the TTC, nor are there buses between the TTC and the parks. Take the bus to MK, then the monorail or the boat to the Poly. Afterwards, take the monorail to the GF, then the bus to DHS.
You can also walk from Poly to GF. It's about 3/4 mi. along the shore of the lagoon.

bus to MK, and boat or monorail to Poly

or

boat to HS, and bus to poly

same options in reverse for going back to YC

If you want to ride the resort monorail through the contemporary, that would be going from MK to Poly.

Sorry if this was already asked,

Best route from Wilderness Lodge to The Polynesian for a 8am breakfast.

Thanks folks!

We're staying st GF and planning on heading to Typhoon Lagoon this Friday. CM at check-in said we need to catch the bus from GF to DS and if it's not too busy the driver will drop us off at TL. But then coming back, we need to go to DS and get the bus from there to GF. Has anyone else experienced this? How long does it take? Is it as confusing as it sounds?

We have an 8:05 breakfast at Tusker House, and are staying at GF. Will there be a bus that early in the morning?

Sorry if this was already asked,

Thanks folks!
bus or boat to MK, then monorail or boat to poly.

Bus from WL will be early enough for sure. You'll have to ask what time the boat starts running; it might start too late for your adr.

We're staying st GF and planning on heading to Typhoon Lagoon this Friday. CM at check-in said we need to catch the bus from GF to DS and if it's not too busy the driver will drop us off at TL. But then coming back, we need to go to DS and get the bus from there to GF. Has anyone else experienced this? How long does it take? Is it as confusing as it sounds?
Haven't done this myself yet (but will in Aug). Sounds like you have it right.

Shouldn't be too difficult to figure out.

bus or boat to MK, then monorail or boat to poly.

Bus from WL will be early enough for sure. You'll have to ask what time the boat starts running; it might start too late for your adr.
The boat to MK probably won't be running, but the boat from WL to CR starts at 6:45 am, so another option is boat to CR and monorail to Poly.

And check the opening time of the Resort Monorail on that day. If it's a late opening day, allow an extra 15 minutes for the bus to Poly instead of the monorail (they run less frequently).

My thoughts. Breakfast at Ohana's at 10:15. We are staying at the Boardwalk. I figured that it would be the easiest to get on a bus to the MK and then hop on the monorail to the Poly?? How much time would you figure? leave by 830 at the latest or is that too late? Parks open at 9 (when do the buses from the resorts start running?)
ALSO Breakfast at the Garden Grill in Epcot at 10:10 we just figured we would be at the gate at 9 for opening to get there on time.

We leave in 8 days! So excited!

My thoughts. Breakfast at Ohana's at 10:15. We are staying at the Boardwalk. I figured that it would be the easiest to get on a bus to the MK and then hop on the monorail to the Poly?? How much time would you figure? leave by 830 at the latest or is that too late? Parks open at 9 (when do the buses from the resorts start running?)
ALSO Breakfast at the Garden Grill in Epcot at 10:10 we just figured we would be at the gate at 9 for opening to get there on time.

We leave in 8 days! So excited!
8:30 is plenty early. 8:45 would probably be ok also. Busses start running to parks at 6:30.

For Epcot, if you get there by 8:15, you can ride Soarin and living with the land (in that order) before breakfast.

On our last trip, we had MANY Monorail issues. It was extremely frustrating since it was our first stay at the Contemporary Resort, and we planned on using the Monorail exclusively. Well, that didn't work out. We got stuck on it. It was closed down for repair various times. We ended up walking when we had reservations places where it wasn't exactly optimal to arrive sweaty and out of breath because we were walk/running to make our reservation. Have the Monorail issues been resolved?

On our last trip, we had MANY Monorail issues. It was extremely frustrating since it was our first stay at the Contemporary Resort, and we planned on using the Monorail exclusively. Well, that didn't work out. We got stuck on it. It was closed down for repair various times. We ended up walking when we had reservations places where it wasn't exactly optimal to arrive sweaty and out of breath because we were walk/running to make our reservation. Have the Monorail issues been resolved?
They hadn't been resolved as of two weeks ago. We arrived at the TTC Epcot line and had to stand and wait because the blue line was being taken out for repair and a new line being brought in. That took almost 25 mins!!! And now we've heard that pieces fell off that blue line a week or so ago! The monorail is old. The track is old. It is never going to run as efficiently as it once did. Breakdowns and waits are now commonplace. I no longer use the monorail if I have to be somewhere within a 90 min period. That's one of the reasons I kind of regret buying at BLT. But, it is what it is.

They hadn't been resolved as of two weeks ago. We arrived at the TTC Epcot line and had to stand and wait because the blue line was being taken out for repair and a new line being brought in. That took almost 25 mins!!! And now we've heard that pieces fell off that blue line a week or so ago! The monorail is old. The track is old. It is never going to run as efficiently as it once did. Breakdowns and waits are now commonplace. I no longer use the monorail if I have to be somewhere within a 90 min period. That's one of the reasons I kind of regret buying at BLT. But, it is what it is.
Thank you so much for the information.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!