Official 'how to get from point A to point B while at WDW' thread.

Staying at Pop in June - we want to rope drop HS one day to sign my son up for Jedi Training. Park opens at 8am, the standard time I believe - no EMH. If I lined up for the bus at 6:45 - would I get on the first bus to HS? Or do I need to plan even earlier?

Staying at Pop in June - we want to rope drop HS one day to sign my son up for Jedi Training. Park opens at 8am, the standard time I believe - no EMH. If I lined up for the bus at 6:45 - would I get on the first bus to HS? Or do I need to plan even earlier?
That should work out. Buses start running around 6:30, so being out at 6:45 will get you to DHS fairly early.

That should work out. Buses start running around 6:30, so being out at 6:45 will get you to DHS fairly early.

Oh I didn't realize that ran earlier, someone said the only run an hour before park opens? So I assumed 7am if they opened at 8am. If they operate earlier I can even plan on earlier!

What transportation options are available to travel from the Polynesian to Wilderness Lodge for breakfast at Whispering Canyon Cafe? Thanks in advance!

What transportation options are available to travel from the Polynesian to Wilderness Lodge for breakfast at Whispering Canyon Cafe? Thanks in advance!
Resort Monorail to CR, then boat to WL. I believe the Resort Monorail starts running at about 7am, and the boat from CR at about 6:45am.

Do not get off the monorail at MK unless your breakfast is after MK opening, as the boats from MK to WL start later. You might be able to get a bus from MK to WL, but I'm not sure what time they start.

The boats from CR to WL do not accommodate wheelchairs or scooters. If you have one, and your breakfast is before MK opening, you may want to spend $25 on the accessible Minnie Van, or try to get an accessible taxi to WL.

Uber & Lyft can also drop off at WL.

Resort Monorail to CR, then boat to WL. I believe the Resort Monorail starts running at about 7am, and the boat from CR at about 6:45am.

Do not get off the monorail at MK unless your breakfast is after MK opening, as the boats from MK to WL start later. You might be able to get a bus from MK to WL, but I'm not sure what time they start.

The boats from CR to WL do not accommodate wheelchairs or scooters. If you have one, and your breakfast is before MK opening, you may want to spend $25 on the accessible Minnie Van, or try to get an accessible taxi to WL.

Uber & Lyft can also drop off at WL.

We might have a knee scooter/walker (not motorized), but our reservation is a half hour after MK opens so we could do a boat from MK. Thank you for all of this helpful information!

We might have a knee scooter/walker (not motorized), but our reservation is a half hour after MK opens so we could do a boat from MK. Thank you for all of this helpful information!

I know you didn't ask, but from what many posters have said, do not bring a knee scooter and try to use it in the parks. The user will be miserable. Besides the weird stance, the pavement is not level and in MK especially it is not smooth. Knee scooters are very hard to use in the parks. It would be much more comfortable to rent an ECV or wheelchair.

I know you didn't ask, but from what many posters have said, do not bring a knee scooter and try to use it in the parks. The user will be miserable. Besides the weird stance, the pavement is not level and in MK especially it is not smooth. Knee scooters are very hard to use in the parks. It would be much more comfortable to rent an ECV or wheelchair.
Thank you for the advice! We actually already traveled with it once, it wasn’t ideal but the person wanted that instead of an ecv or wheelchair (strange, I know). We just took it easy. I’m hoping that it won’t be needed for this trip, but I’m prepared if we do!

Are the days of getting a direct bus to a water park from your resort over? I think I read somewhere that to get to Typhoon Lagoon we would have to catch a bus from Disney Springs or to get to Blizzard Beach we would have to catch a bus from Animal Kingdom?

How much time would you allow to catch a bus from the Poly to Disney Springs, then transfer to Typhoon Lagoon, if you wanted to arrive by 9:40 a.m.? Is this even possible?

Best route from Disney Springs to Hollywood Studios?

So far I've come up with:
Bus to Boardwalk, walk to DS
Bus to Pop Century, transfer to Studios bus

Are there any better options? How much time would you allow? I have an early dinner ADR at Maria and Enzo's and would like to head to DHS for the nighttime shows.

Thanks!

Best route from Disney Springs to Hollywood Studios?

So far I've come up with:
Bus to Boardwalk, walk to DS
Bus to Pop Century, transfer to Studios bus

Are there any better options? How much time would you allow? I have an early dinner ADR at Maria and Enzo's and would like to head to DHS for the nighttime shows.

Thanks!
Yep, those are probably your 2 best options, except if you opt to go to Pop, hop on the bus to AoA if it shows up first, as the resorts are right next to each other and the total time will be about the same transferring at either one.

DD is at Disney with school group. They are getting dropped of at Studios between 9 am and 10 am. her group wants to go to Disney Springs at that time. Should they walk or take boat to Boardwalk hotel and grab a bus there? Or take a bus from Studios to Saratoga Springs and then walk or take boat from there?

Then later that same day they need to get to Typhoon Lagoon from Disney Springs, from what i understand there's a direct bus to TL from DS correct?
Thanks!

1.Should they walk or take boat to Boardwalk hotel and grab a bus there?
2. Or take a bus from Studios to Saratoga Springs and then walk or take boat from there?

3. Then later that same day they need to get to Typhoon Lagoon from Disney Springs, from what i understand there's a direct bus to TL from DS correct?
Thanks!
1. I would get off at the Swan/Dolphin
2. That would work as well.
3. Correct

Ok i posted above and got a fantastic answer! However now the plans have changed....DD will be going from Animal Kingdom to Typhoon lagoon. Please help with the following:
1. if they leave at 4 will there be a direct bus from Animal Kingdom to disney springs where they can transfer to the typhoon lagoon bus?
2. if they leave before 4 what is the best way? Bus to AK lodge then to disney springs or is there an easier way?
How long will this trip take approxiamately? They have to be at typhoon lagoon by a certain time for a reward ceremony
Thanks so much for the help!

Ok i posted above and got a fantastic answer! However now the plans have changed....DD will be going from Animal Kingdom to Typhoon lagoon. Please help with the following:
1. if they leave at 4 will there be a direct bus from Animal Kingdom to disney springs where they can transfer to the typhoon lagoon bus?
2. if they leave before 4 what is the best way? Bus to AK lodge then to disney springs or is there an easier way?
How long will this trip take approxiamately? They have to be at typhoon lagoon by a certain time for a reward ceremony
Thanks so much for the help!
1. Buses from parks to DS start at 4:00. Plan on it taking an hour
2. I would transfer at Pop Century or Art of animation. It's more direct and the bus service is better. Plan on it taking 90 minutes.

What time do buses start from Disney Springs to the parks? I see they don't go from the parks to DS until after 4 but do they run from DS in the early morning for rope drop?

What time do buses start from Disney Springs to the parks? I see they don't go from the parks to DS until after 4 but do they run from DS in the early morning for rope drop?
There are never any buses from DS to the parks; the service runs one way, the other way.

Even buses from DS to the resorts don't start until maybe 9am, and serve only a few resorts until around 11am.

How late do park to park busses run. If AK closes at 10:30, would it be possible to catch a bus from MK around 9pm?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter