Official 'how to get from point A to point B while at WDW' thread.

I have an ADR at 8:15pm. At Ohana on 12/16. How do I get from Poly to POP and what is the latest the bus/transportation runs to get me back to my hotel?

I have an ADR at 8:15pm. At Ohana on 12/16. How do I get from Poly to POP and what is the latest the bus/transportation runs to get me back to my hotel?
If you finish while MK is still open, or within about an hour after it's closed (including EMH and any after-hours ticketed events like MNSSHP), you can take the Resort Monorail or the boat to MK and get a bus to Pop there. Buses run until the park is clear of Guests.

If MK has closed but another park is still open, you can take a bus (or monorail if it's Epcot) to that park, but you must be on the bus before the park's closing time.

If all parks are closed before you finish, you can take a bus to DS until 1 a.m. You might want to consider using Uber or Lyft to get home earlier.

If you finish while MK is still open, or within about an hour after it's closed (including EMH and any after-hours ticketed events like MNSSHP), you can take the Resort Monorail or the boat to MK and get a bus to Pop there. Buses run until the park is clear of Guests.

If MK has closed but another park is still open, you can take a bus (or monorail if it's Epcot) to that park, but you must be on the bus before the park's closing time.

If all parks are closed before you finish, you can take a bus to DS until 1 a.m. You might want to consider using Uber or Lyft to get home earlier.
Ok this Is good to know DS will probably be my only option. I'm in a scooter so Uber and Lyft are not an option for me and we are heading to the Ohana pretty much when the parks close.

I have searched a little but can't find the answer.
We have hoppers and want to eat at Sci Fi and ride RNRC if we get a FP one day then hop to MK. How long is the bus ride once we get on from HS to MK? I'm trying to figure out if it is worth the extra time.

I have searched a little but can't find the answer.
We have hoppers and want to eat at Sci Fi and ride RNRC if we get a FP one day then hop to MK. How long is the bus ride once we get on from HS to MK? I'm trying to figure out if it is worth the extra time.
Should be about 15 minutes, unless you're leaving at park closing time.

I read somewhere that there was a shuttle that runs between Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon. Is it still running (or did it really exist?) or am I better off getting uber/lyft to hop the water parks?

On our arrival day we are going (driving) to AK in the morning and then driving to Wilderness Lodge to check in. We want to go to Disney Springs so son can do The Void and have dinner and then head over to DHS for the Star Wars fireworks show. Is the best way to drive and park again at DS and park again at DHS. I know there's a bus from Wilderness to DS, but is there an easy way to get from DS to DHS after dinner?

On our arrival day we are going (driving) to AK in the morning and then driving to Wilderness Lodge to check in. We want to go to Disney Springs so son can do The Void and have dinner and then head over to DHS for the Star Wars fireworks show. Is the best way to drive and park again at DS and park again at DHS. I know there's a bus from Wilderness to DS, but is there an easy way to get from DS to DHS after dinner?
I would just drive, it's much easier. There isn't an easy way to get from DS to DHS using Disney transportation. You could drive to WL, get checked in, and then take the bus to AK from there. But back to WL and drive to DS and then over to DHS. Or just drive to each destination.

I would just drive, it's much easier. There isn't an easy way to get from DS to DHS using Disney transportation. You could drive to WL, get checked in, and then take the bus to AK from there. But back to WL and drive to DS and then over to DHS. Or just drive to each destination.
Thanks, I was trying to avoid having to park at DS because it's just so annoying - but it seems like a hassle to get from DS to DHS without the car so I guess we'll just have to put up with the DS parking. thx

There are never any buses from DS to the parks; the service runs one way, the other way.

Even buses from DS to the resorts don't start until maybe 9am, and serve only a few resorts until around 11am.
SO then this is a HIGH DIFFICULTY QUESTION:
Interestng to know, a strange quirk in transportation... Even so, does anyone know what the EXACT times the buses go from DS to the resorts (both to and from)? Specifically what time would the bus from DS to CBR in morning run, and what times would the bus from CBR BACK to DS return? THANKS!

SO then this is a HIGH DIFFICULTY QUESTION:
Interestng to know, a strange quirk in transportation... Even so, does anyone know what the EXACT times the buses go from DS to the resorts (both to and from)? Specifically what time would the bus from DS to CBR in morning run, and what times would the bus from CBR BACK to DS return? THANKS!
Not really a 'quirk' since there isn't any huge call for buses to DS early in the day. The buses start running to DS, from resorts, around 9ish, perhaps a bit earlier, but not much earlier. I don't recall ever seeing a bus to DS from my resort before 8am. But from DS to the resorts? There really isn't a schedule for them. They start around 9ish but it's nothing I would depend on. There just isn't much call for buses running to, and from, DS that early. Once the buses start running miore regularly, they tend to run every 20-25 mins.

For a 7am EMH park opening will the bus arrive at 6:30am, or earlier?
Usually the buses will start at least an hour prior to park opening, so for a 7am opening, you should be able to get a bus around 6ish.

Next week I'll be staying at a non-monorail resort for the first time. As well POR is new to us. Could you please give me an indication of what time I should be at the bus stop for...

MK 8 am BOG reservation?
EP 9 am park open?
HS 7 am EMH?
AK 8 am park open?

I'm not sure of how long it takes to get to each park from POR. Also, DD15 and I want to be at the head of the pack! Especially for HS and AK!! ::yes::::yes::

I am also open to Uber or Lyft, of which I have never used. Maybe for that 7 am at HS? Thoughts? TIA!

Usually the buses will start at least an hour prior to park opening, so for a 7am opening, you should be able to get a bus around 6ish.
Would this apply to me if want to be at the head of the park crowds for HS? I'm thinking no. Don't have a SDD FP and want to ride with a minimal wait.

Next week I'll be staying at a non-monorail resort for the first time. As well POR is new to us. Could you please give me an indication of what time I should be at the bus stop for...

MK 8 am BOG reservation?
EP 9 am park open?
HS 7 am EMH?
AK 8 am park open?

I'm not sure of how long it takes to get to each park from POR. Also, DD15 and I want to be at the head of the pack! Especially for HS and AK!! ::yes::::yes::

I am also open to Uber or Lyft, of which I have never used. Maybe for that 7 am at HS? Thoughts? TIA!

Would this apply to me if want to be at the head of the park crowds for HS? I'm thinking no. Don't have a SDD FP and want to ride with a minimal wait.
For your MK 8am ADR, I would be at the bus stop by 7, 6:30 would mean no stress....could be up to a 25 min wait, then 15 mins to the park.
In order to get to the park in order to beat the crowds, you need to be at the bus stop a good 90 mins prior to park opening, maybe even 2 hrs. You may 'think' you won't have a lot of company but everyone is going to have the same idea you have...especially for AK and HS.

For your MK 8am ADR, I would be at the bus stop by 7, 6:30 would mean no stress....could be up to a 25 min wait, then 15 mins to the park.
In order to get to the park in order to beat the crowds, you need to be at the bus stop a good 90 mins prior to park opening, maybe even 2 hrs. You may 'think' you won't have a lot of company but everyone is going to have the same idea you have...especially for AK and HS.

Thank you. Ok so 90 mins prior....would HS buses be running at 5:30 am??! Not saying I'd be on one, might just have to Uber it that morning, to sleep in longer. ::yes::

Thank you. Ok so 90 mins prior....would HS buses be running at 5:30 am??! Not saying I'd be on one, might just have to Uber it that morning, to sleep in longer. ::yes::
No idea. If the park opens at 7, the buses may start running by 5:30. I would ask when you get there...but ask a driver. They're pretty much the only ones who can give correct bus info!!!

I've searched a bit but I can't find a definite answer. I'm staying offsite (Sheraton vistana) and I have a 7:05 Chef Mickey's reservation. We were hoping to rope drop MK that day. Where can we park? The monorail isn't running that early, correct? I'm afraid if we park at the contemporary and then have to move our car we will be cutting it really close.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter