Official 'how to get from point A to point B while at WDW' thread.

If we're looking to get from the poly to the contemporary resort for a 7:50 breakfast - what are our options? It sounds like we can take the monorail, but if that's down are their buses or boats available?

If we're looking to get from the poly to the contemporary resort for a 7:50 breakfast - what are our options? It sounds like we can take the monorail, but if that's down are their buses or boats available?
Monorail is the only option at that hour. If it's having a problem, there should be buses running instead.

We are thinking of going to HDDR from HS. Was just wondering if the following options would be the same, or if you all think one way would be a little quicker.

Bus to MK, boat to FW
Bus to CR, boat to FW
Bus to WL, boat to FW

I would assume they'd all take about the same time right? Does anyone know if the bus stops for MK, CR, and WL are close at HS? I tried googling bus stop numbers at HS and couldn't find anything recent. I was thinking if they're close, we could just stand close by and whichever of the buses comes first just take that.

I got our return home flight moved later to 8pm on Dec. 2. We are staying at AoA (cars suite) and have a 2 pm brunch at Chef Mickey's. We are not doing any park that morning, but simply checking out....and hoping to get some time in at Winter Summerland mini golf by Blizzard Beach (when check is at 10) before brunch. My guess is bus from AoA to Blizzard Beach, then bus to Contemporary for 2 till 3ish, then bus back to AoA to be back there by about 4:30 for our 5pm DME to the airport. Assuming we want to arrive at Cont at about 1:40 ish for our 2 pm ADR, what time should we leave WS golf?

Thanks!

Hi everyone! My wife and I are going to be at WDW from Oct. 22-30 and have a few specific questions about the most efficient routes. Would love suggestions! Happy to factor in the occasional Lyft if that seems like the best option. Would also like to hear thoughts about bus wait times on our closing days.

Wilderness Lodge to Jiko for dinner (Thursday 10/25, 6 PM)
Animal Kingdom to Wilderness Lodge (closing, 10/25)
Hollywood Studios to Trader Sam's Grog Grotto (HS closing, 10/26) (note: not doing Fantasmic, just doing Star Wars Galactic Spectacular)
Disney Springs (Art Smith's Homecomin') to Magic Kingdom (noon, 10/28)

Thanks!

I got our return home flight moved later to 8pm on Dec. 2. We are staying at AoA (cars suite) and have a 2 pm brunch at Chef Mickey's. We are not doing any park that morning, but simply checking out....and hoping to get some time in at Winter Summerland mini golf by Blizzard Beach (when check is at 10) before brunch. My guess is bus from AoA to Blizzard Beach, then bus to Contemporary for 2 till 3ish, then bus back to AoA to be back there by about 4:30 for our 5pm DME to the airport. Assuming we want to arrive at Cont at about 1:40 ish for our 2 pm ADR, what time should we leave WS golf?

Thanks!
I would figure on an hour, to include wait times. Certainly no later than 1.

Hi everyone! My wife and I are going to be at WDW from Oct. 22-30 and have a few specific questions about the most efficient routes. Would love suggestions! Happy to factor in the occasional Lyft if that seems like the best option. Would also like to hear thoughts about bus wait times on our closing days.

Wilderness Lodge to Jiko for dinner (Thursday 10/25, 6 PM)
Animal Kingdom to Wilderness Lodge (closing, 10/25)
Hollywood Studios to Trader Sam's Grog Grotto (HS closing, 10/26) (note: not doing Fantasmic, just doing Star Wars Galactic Spectacular)
Disney Springs (Art Smith's Homecomin') to Magic Kingdom (noon, 10/28)

Thanks!
WL to Jiko...you would have to go to AK and then transfer to an AKL bus...figure on leaving WL no later than 4:30. Or just take Lyft..leave about 5:40ish.

AK-WL...should take about 30 mins to an hour depending on wait times.

HS-Trader Sams...bus to Polynesian, figure on an hour

DS-MK...bus to CR and walk to MK, about an hour

I got our return home flight moved later to 8pm on Dec. 2. We are staying at AoA. hoping to get some time in at Winter Summerland mini golf by Blizzard Beach. My guess is bus from AoA to Blizzard Beach, then bus to Contemporary for 2 till 3ish, then bus back to AoA to be back there by about 4:30 for our 5pm DME to the airport.

Thanks!

Just got wind that resorts don't bus direct to Blizzard Beach anymore. Is that true? If so, how do we get there from AoA and when should we plan to leave AoA to get there by 10am?

Thanks!

I would figure on an hour, to include wait times. Certainly no later than 1.

WL to Jiko...you would have to go to AK and then transfer to an AKL bus...figure on leaving WL no later than 4:30. Or just take Lyft..leave about 5:40ish.

AK-WL...should take about 30 mins to an hour depending on wait times.

HS-Trader Sams...bus to Polynesian, figure on an hour

DS-MK...bus to CR and walk to MK, about an hour

Thank you! One more question: if we were to Lyft from Disney Springs to the Contemporary to get to the MK more quickly than the bus, would that create any issues? We're staying at WL, so I don't know if it's permitted to be dropped off at a neighboring resort.

We are a party of 8 staying at SSR with an 8.45am ADR for Minnie's Beach Bash at Cape May Cafe. Reckon we'll hop on a bus to DHS and either get the boat along to BC or walk. Anyone got any better suggestions? Depending on where we are located in SSR we could possibly walk to DS and get a bus from there but we have had bad experiences in the past of waiting for resort busses at the new terminal.

Mrs TT

Last edited:
We are a party of 8 staying at SSR with an 8.45am ADR for Minnie's Beach Bash at Cape May Cafe. Reckon we'll hop on a bus to DHS and either get the boat along to BC or walk. Anyone got any better suggestions? Depending on where we are located in SSR we could possibly walk to DS and get a bus from there but we have had bad experiences in the past of eating for busses there.

Mrs TT
Going to DS isn't going to be a terrific idea...buses to the resorts aren't all that dependable at that time of day. I would take the bus to DHS and then walk, or boat, to YC/BC. You should be able to see if the boat is coming into the dock. If it is, head there and take the boat. But, if the boat is at the dock/leaving the dock, then just walk. You could stand and wait for the boat for 20 mins. It takes about that long to walk to BC.

Going to DS isn't going to be a terrific idea...buses to the resorts aren't all that dependable at that time of day. I would take the bus to DHS and then walk, or boat, to YC/BC. You should be able to see if the boat is coming into the dock. If it is, head there and take the boat. But, if the boat is at the dock/leaving the dock, then just walk. You could stand and wait for the boat for 20 mins. It takes about that long to walk to BC.

My thoughts exactly. DHS it will be. Fingers crossed for a boat - bit of a walk for the 86 year old (not to mention the lazy 3 year old)!

Mrs TT

My thoughts exactly. DHS it will be. Fingers crossed for a boat - bit of a walk for the 86 year old (not to mention the lazy 3 year old)!

Mrs TT
Ask the bus driver how to get where you are going when you get on. Seeing that you have an elderly member of your group, they may offer to drop you at BC.

Ask the bus driver how to get where you are going when you get on. Seeing that you have an elderly member of your group, they may offer to drop you at BC.

Good tip thanks. Last year DH and I had an early ADR for breakfast at 1900 Park Fayre and the bus driver drove us there after dropping everyone else of at MK. I'd forgotten that.

Mrs TT

From 2 weeks ago:

enhance

...update on the terminal for the gondolas at DHS.

If Magic Kingdom opens at 9, then Main Street opens at 8 now (I think that’s right?). So do the buses start running at 7:15 or 8:15? We have an 8 a.m. at BOG so hoping the buses run early enough for that. We will be traveling from AKL.

If Magic Kingdom opens at 9, then Main Street opens at 8 now (I think that’s right?). So do the buses start running at 7:15 or 8:15? We have an 8 a.m. at BOG so hoping the buses run early enough for that. We will be traveling from AKL.
Buses start running around 6:30am every day, resorts to parks. These buses tend to run a bit less frequently than the regular buses though. The regular buses start running every 20 mins or so an hour prior to park opening.

I'm betting this question has been asked and answered many times in the past, but 289 pages intimidates me. Apologies in advance. We are staying at Contemporary Resort next week and wondering the best options for getting to HS and AK (one day for each park, may consider going back to the resort for a midday break on one or both of those days). I have seen a few options discussed on other threads and sites:

(1) Bus from CR to each park (I've read this may be less than ideal since the bus stops at Poly and Floridian on the way)

(2) Walk from CR to MK and from there take bus to each park

(3) Monorail to Transfer Station, then bus to the parks (I'm heard only bad stories about this approach)

(4) Drive our car from CR to each park (assuming I don't have to pay for parking at each park (since I'm staying at a Disney resort), then this is what I'm thinking may be the best option).

(5) Uber/Lyft -- Never done it before at DW so just have no experience at all with it.

I'm leaning towards 2, 4 or 5. Thoughts?

Thanks!!

I'm betting this question has been asked and answered many times in the past, but 289 pages intimidates me. Apologies in advance. We are staying at Contemporary Resort next week and wondering the best options for getting to HS and AK (one day for each park, may consider going back to the resort for a midday break on one or both of those days). I have seen a few options discussed on other threads and sites:

(1) Bus from CR to each park (I've read this may be less than ideal since the bus stops at Poly and Floridian on the way)

(2) Walk from CR to MK and from there take bus to each park

(3) Monorail to Transfer Station, then bus to the parks (I'm heard only bad stories about this approach)

(4) Drive our car from CR to each park (assuming I don't have to pay for parking at each park (since I'm staying at a Disney resort), then this is what I'm thinking may be the best option).

(5) Uber/Lyft -- Never done it before at DW so just have no experience at all with it.

I'm leaning towards 2, 4 or 5. Thoughts?

Thanks!!
3 isn’t even an option. There aren’t park buses at the TTC. If you have a car, that’s likely your quickest option. The bus from the resort is probably second best.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts