Official 'how to get from point A to point B while at WDW' thread.

3 isn’t even an option. There aren’t park buses at the TTC. If you have a car, that’s likely your quickest option. The bus from the resort is probably second best.

Thanks! I know it says this on page 1 of this thread, but not sure if that is up to date. If I am a Disney Resort guest, is parking free at the parks?

Roughly how long would it take to get from AK to Beach or Yacht Club if I was Uber-ing? I should really remember this, since I took an Uber from AK to YC on our March trip, but I'm drawing a blank. 15 minutes from pickup time? Hoping to squeeze in an entry right at Epcot (before the 10 pm close) after seeing ROL at AK.

Roughly how long would it take to get from AK to Beach or Yacht Club if I was Uber-ing? I should really remember this, since I took an Uber from AK to YC on our March trip, but I'm drawing a blank. 15 minutes from pickup time? Hoping to squeeze in an entry right at Epcot (before the 10 pm close) after seeing ROL at AK.
About 15 mins would do it. I would go to BC vs YC though..it's a bit closer.

Going from Yacht Club to the Contemporary - back to YC area - then back to Contemporary again later that night. A lot of back and forth between the two so I'm wondering what the absolute best way to do this would be.

Bus from YC to MK, walk to Contemporary still an option? I thought that I've heard people say there is now security stopping this from being possible. If we can't walk, would taking a bus from YC to MK and then getting on the resort monorail to Contemporary be the next best option?

Just want to add - I'm going to be Uber/Lyft-ing around a lot during my trip for resort to resort travel but on this specific day I'm in no hurry so I'm looking for free and most convenient over the taxi/uber options.

Going from Yacht Club to the Contemporary - back to YC area - then back to Contemporary again later that night. A lot of back and forth between the two so I'm wondering what the absolute best way to do this would be.

Bus from YC to MK, walk to Contemporary still an option? I thought that I've heard people say there is now security stopping this from being possible. If we can't walk, would taking a bus from YC to MK and then getting on the resort monorail to Contemporary be the next best option?

Just want to add - I'm going to be Uber/Lyft-ing around a lot during my trip for resort to resort travel but on this specific day I'm in no hurry so I'm looking for free and most convenient over the taxi/uber options.
Walking is an option, but you will have to go through bag check. Your other option would be to walk or boat to to Hollywood studios and take a direct bus from there.

Are they still not running buses from resorts to water parks? I can’t seem to find an answer to that. We were planning to do 1/2 days at water parks twice. Wasn’t sure if we need to figure out an alternative plan for transport.

Either walking or taking the monorail will require going thru security in both directions, because both the Resort Monorail and the path to CR are inside the security perimeter, while the bus depot is not. Going to CR, walking & taking the monorail take about the same amount of time; from CR to MK walking is faster.

Thank you!

So we ride to Disney Springs then to the water park? And vice versa?

Then can you go to another park from Disney Springs? Or do you have to go to a resort first?
It's Disney Springs for TL; AK for BB. No buses from DS to the parks, but if it's after 11am, you can ride to YC for Epcot or CR for MK, and walk to the park. AK, of course, has buses to all parks & resorts.

How long would it take to get to FW (Trails End) by taking the bus from AS Sports to MK and then taking the boat for an 11:15am breakfast?
I tend to give everything an hour. Disney says 90 mins. I would leave Sports by 9:50ish. If you hit everything perfectly, no waits, you should arrive at FtW early! But that's okay, it's fun to walk around and check stuff out.
But, if you have to wait 20 mins for the MK bus, then make other stops (sometimes they do, sometimes they don't), then drive to MK, go through security, then wait for the FtW boat for 20 mins, ride to FtW, it could take at least an hour, probably a bit more.

Hi,

I am staying at Saratoga springs and have dinner reservations at Ohana at 5pm. What’s the best way to get there?

Planning to hit HS at 7 am tomorrow for Toy Story Land EMH then head over to MK for 9 am opening. Problem taking bus from HS to MK that early?

Looking to head from DHS to Epcot after lunch. Specifically to the land pavilion. Should we go thru the IG or thru the main entrance? Better to walk/take water taxi/take bus? Open to all thoughts and suggestions. TIA

Hi,

I am staying at Saratoga springs and have dinner reservations at Ohana at 5pm. What’s the best way to get there?
Bus to MK, boat or monorail to Polynesian. I would leave SSR by 3:30ish. Or, boat to DS and take the bus to Polynesian from there. Same time frame. Or, just uber...takes about 15 mins in the car, fairly cheap.

Planning to hit HS at 7 am tomorrow for Toy Story Land EMH then head over to MK for 9 am opening. Problem taking bus from HS to MK that early?
Shouldn't be. If no bus to MK, just take the CR bus and walk over.

Looking to head from DHS to Epcot after lunch. Specifically to the land pavilion. Should we go thru the IG or thru the main entrance? Better to walk/take water taxi/take bus? Open to all thoughts and suggestions. TIA
Six of one, half dozen of another. If it were me, I would enter via the IG. I tend to walk but if it's really hot/humid, take the boat.

Bus to MK, boat or monorail to Polynesian. I would leave SSR by 3:30ish. Or, boat to DS and take the bus to Polynesian from there. Same time frame. Or, just uber...takes about 15 mins in the car, fairly cheap.

Shouldn't be. If no bus to MK, just take the CR bus and walk over.

Six of one, half dozen of another. If it were me, I would enter via the IG. I tend to walk but if it's really hot/humid, take the boat.

So is there a boat that goes direct from DHS to Epcot, or will we have to transfer anywhere?

So is there a boat that goes direct from DHS to Epcot, or will we have to transfer anywhere?

The boat goes directly but stops off to drop off/pick up at the Swan and Dolphin, Boardwalk and Yacht Club before finally making it to Epcot. It's a lovely ride.

Mrs TT

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!