Official 'how to get from point A to point B while at WDW' thread.

Is there bus service to the ESPN Wide World of Sports complex from the resorts or anywhere at all? Trying to figure out how to pick up bibs for Wine and Dine race.

Is there bus service to the ESPN Wide World of Sports complex from the resorts or anywhere at all? Trying to figure out how to pick up bibs for Wine and Dine race.
There is special race transportation from all of the "Official Host Resorts." It runs to the Expo whenever it's open, as well as to the races. At most resorts, it picks up at a different location than the regular Disney bus stops, so you need to ask at the desk where the pick up is located. The bus will usually be a charter, not a Disney Transport bus.

"Official Host Resorts" used to be a subset of Disney resorts, but I think all of the Disney resorts have been included for all races for the last couple of years.

Ohana Breakfast ADR at 0730 on Dec. 1. Wife was told that buses wouldn't be running until 0815 for a 0900 MK opening. Is this correct or do the buses start at 0630 as they have in the past? If no bus service what is the cheapest way besides walking to get to Poly? We will have two adults, an incredibly large 7 year old and an almost 4 year old in a car seat.

Ohana Breakfast ADR at 0730 on Dec. 1. Wife was told that buses wouldn't be running until 0815 for a 0900 MK opening. Is this correct or do the buses start at 0630 as they have in the past? If no bus service what is the cheapest way besides walking to get to Poly? We will have two adults, an incredibly large 7 year old and an almost 4 year old in a car seat.
Buses continue to run starting around 6:30am. You will be fine to take a bus from your resort to MK then the monorail from there.

WHat time do the park to park buses start running? Looking to do AK EMH at 8 and then to MK from AK around 9 Will buses be running between parks that early or will I have to bus to a resort and then on to MK? Alternately, can I get a Minnie Van between parks ?

Buses start at 6:30. Earlier right now with EEMH. You will be fine to get between parks even early in the morning.

Minnie buses do run between parks if that’s where you request to go.

Buses start at 6:30. Earlier right now with EEMH. You will be fine to get between parks even early in the morning.

Minnie buses do run between parks if that’s where you request to go.
Park-to-park buses start later, but I didn't reply because I can't remember whether it's at park opening, or 1 hour before park opening.

I remember some Guests who had been dropped at front of Epcot by an outside shuttle wanting to get to DHS, and when I brought it to the attention of a coordinator I was told they would have to wait. I think it was wait until park opening.

Also, I don't think they ran for morning EMH, but that might be different now with DHS & another park having EMH on the same morning.

Park-to-park buses start later, but I didn't reply because I can't remember whether it's at park opening, or 1 hour before park opening.

I remember some Guests who had been dropped at front of Epcot by an outside shuttle wanting to get to DHS, and when I brought it to the attention of a coordinator I was told they would have to wait. I think it was wait until park opening.

Also, I don't think they ran for morning EMH, but that might be different now with DHS & another park having EMH on the same morning.
I agree except OP said they wanted to go to MK at 9:00 which will be when the park is open so I believe buses will be running by then. If they want to leave earlier than 9:00 then you’re correct, buses may not be running yet.

Thinking about taking the kiddos to BBB in DS (MK of course has been booked up forever so not an option). The only day it really seems to work with our schedule is on our 2nd DHS day. Is there a convenient-ish non-Lyft/Uber way to get from DS to DHS in the middle of the day? My other option is to potentially do BBB at DS before our MK day begins in earnest. I'm a little hesitant about that only because we have HDDR booked the same day and I don't want to eat into our parks time too much. (Though, we do have a 2nd MK day scheduled that may potentially work).

Thinking about taking the kiddos to BBB in DS (MK of course has been booked up forever so not an option). The only day it really seems to work with our schedule is on our 2nd DHS day. Is there a convenient-ish non-Lyft/Uber way to get from DS to DHS in the middle of the day? My other option is to potentially do BBB at DS before our MK day begins in earnest. I'm a little hesitant about that only because we have HDDR booked the same day and I don't want to eat into our parks time too much. (Though, we do have a 2nd MK day scheduled that may potentially work).
If it were me I would take a bus to Caribbean Beach and then take the Skyliner to DHS.

If you decide to do the MK option I would take a bus from DS to the Grand Floridian and then take the monorail to the MK from there.

Bus to CBR Jamaica stop, walk to Skyliner station, and Skyliner to DHS.
  • Walk to DS bus stop 0:05
  • Wait for bus 0:20
  • Bus to Jamaica 0:20
  • Walk to Skyliner 0:05
  • Skyiner 0:05
Total time to DHS Skyliner station = 55 minutes.

Last edited:
Hi everyone. Third trip in 7 years will be in February, and I have ADRs outside of the parks. Staying at Caribbean Beach.

1. ADR at Disney's Boardwalk (Bon Voyage) at 11 a.m. NOT keen on riding the Skyliner due to previous panic attacks on similar "rides." Non-park day. Travel options to and from?

2. ADR at 6:00 for Artist Point at Fort Wilderness, non-park day. What's the best way to travel to and from?

THANK YOU!

1. ADR at Disney's Boardwalk (Bon Voyage) at 11 a.m. NOT keen on riding the Skyliner due to previous panic attacks on similar "rides." Non-park day. Travel options to and from?
Assuming they're still running buses -- bus to DHS, and boat or walk to BW.
2. ADR at 6:00 for Artist Point at Fort Wilderness, non-park day. What's the best way to travel to and from?
First of all, Artist Point is at Wilderness Lodge, not Fort Wilderness. They are 2 different places.

Bus to MK, then your choice of bus or boat to WL. If you choose the boat, you will have to go thru MK bag check to get to the boat dock.

Oops, thanks for the clarification! It's on the MDE app I'll be using for my itinerary, but I'll put it in my planner too. Would be a big goof to misidentify where I need to go.

I'm curious about the simplest and most direct way to get from Polynesian to Yachtsman Steakhouse for dinner. I would totally order a Minnie Van, but given the fact that it is not a guarantee, I would like to know what people would do if the Minnie Van wasn't available.

I'm curious about the simplest and most direct way to get from Polynesian to Yachtsman Steakhouse for dinner. I would totally order a Minnie Van, but given the fact that it is not a guarantee, I would like to know what people would do if the Minnie Van wasn't available.
Uber or Lyft, if no child car seats are required. Disney Transport would be bus to DHS, then walk or boat to YC, or Skyliner from DHS to IG for thr fun of it and walk.

MagicBands upgrade fiasco... I need to get them at All Star Movie (our one night end of the trip add-on) but am staying at Pop (for many days). Which hub do you recommend?

From Pop to point X to All Star and the reverse... I might stay a while point X if convenient.

TIA!

MagicBands upgrade fiasco... I need to get them at All Star Movie (our one night end of the trip add-on) but am staying at Pop (for many days). Which hub do you recommend?

From Pop to point X to All Star and the reverse... I might stay a while point X if convenient.

TIA!
This was our EXACT scenario last month!! In the spring I tried adding a night at Pop but there was nothing available. Ended up booking one night at ASMo.

when I checked in for our 8 nights at POP I asked how to transfer luggage for 1 night at ASMo. They offered to keep us at Pop and would try to even keep us in the same room.

Long story short they did all is and transferred MBs to Pop. The bands were MIA for a bit but were located around midnight at Pop.

Not really answering you question but just saying you may not have to change resorts and ASMo/Pop will transfer MBs to Pop.

If you do have to change, my plan was Pop-DHS-ASMo.

TIA!
I would take Skyliner to DHS and bus to ASM, just to avoid 2 waits for a bus and because I enjoy riding Skyliner. If using buses only, AK is probably the fastest, but Skyliner option would likely be about the same or faster.

But I'm confused on the necessity. MB's are linked only to your MDE account. If your 2nd reservation is in the same name as your first, wouldn't simply doing an online check-in add the 2nd stay to the original MB?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!