OFFICIAL(ish) CANDLELIGHT PROCESSIONAL DINING PACKAGES INFO

Status
Not open for further replies.
This discussion about Thanksgiving ADRs is interesting!

I tried to book Garden Grove for Thanksgiving, which was recommended to me by a poster on this forum, and nothing was available on the first day I could book. I’ve checked daily since, and have a Touring Plans alert set up, and I haven’t seen a single time pop up. I just assumed Garden Grove was all booked up. That may actually be the case, but there definitely seems to be a pattern.

ETA: I forgot that this was the CP thread. I’m off topic. 😬

An on topic comment would be that I’m ditching my plan to book the CP package at Teppan Edo; the value isn’t there at $72/person. Garden Grill is my top choice and Via Napoli is my 2nd choice. We’ll see how it all shakes out though!

Last edited:
Today is my ADR day and there is zero Biergarten availability for lunch or dinner for two people on both days I want in Dec (4 & 6). I suppose they are hoarding slots to release for the CP pkg which is what I want anyway. Hopefully it will haveunch available when I book on July 2nd for the CP (early DVC booking).

Today is my ADR day and there is zero Biergarten availability for lunch or dinner for two people on both days I want in Dec (4 & 6). I suppose they are hoarding slots to release for the CP pkg which is what I want anyway. Hopefully it will haveunch available when I book on July 2nd for the CP (early DVC booking).
Ahhh that's gotta be it. I was wondering why I couldn't find ANYTHING.

The early December dates for “regular” dining have been released! Not sure what happened but since they are now available it must not be CP related...

The early December dates for “regular” dining have been released! Not sure what happened but since they are now available it must not be CP related...

I snagged my two "placeholder" Biergarten reservations this afternoon after everything finally opened. I will cancel them and rebook them as CP when those reservations open on July2nd. I'm hoping 12/4 is NPH!

Agreed! I always go at Thanksgiving and always had at least 2 CP ADRs until I sorted out my plans and solidified a night. I tried to cancel as soon as I could so someone else could grab it, but I can see how this could be a problem if people got too egregious with it.

Think of all the prepaid funds they’ll have access to for 4-5 months!!

Many of the popular times/venues are difficult to grab, even on the first day booking is open

We will be there end of Thanksgiving thru Whoppi :). I’m hoping to see John Stamos (first choice, heard he is amazing) or NPH (was grrreat) as options. Whoppi cuts into my Universal time I wanted at the end of the trip.

IMO it’s a good idea to make the CP prepay but only if all of the narrators are announced by July 2nd. If not, those hedging their bets on talent may very well double if not triple book.

Really looking forward to this and hoping to to see Whoopi on Sat 12/7. Have a large party (8) so assume I need to book as soon as it opens. Am DVC and also have an AP this year. What is earliest method to book this on July 2nd (ie calling DVC or WDW dining, - assuming it won’t be open online at on 7/2?).

Thanks!

Really looking forward to this and hoping to to see Whoopi on Sat 12/7. Have a large party (8) so assume I need to book as soon as it opens. Am DVC and also have an AP this year. What is earliest method to book this on July 2nd (ie calling DVC or WDW dining, - assuming it won’t be open online at on 7/2?).

Thanks!

The announcement wasn’t specific on time. DVC Member Services doesn’t open until 9am ET so I’m guessing the regular WDW DINE line which opens at 7 is fastest... assuming operators are able to book then. I doubt they will be available online on the 2nd but it would be worth checking. Also worth checking the boards - this thread and others - that morning as well - am sure people will be reporting their results as the morning progresses.

Plus, we have great news for our Annual Passholders and DVC Members – you will be able to enjoy a 1-day exclusive early booking window on July 2. Annual Passholders should call 407-WDW-DINE while DVC Members can contact DVC Member Services at 800-800-9800.

The announcement wasn’t specific on time. DVC Member Services doesn’t open until 9am ET so I’m guessing the regular WDW DINE line which opens at 7 is fastest... assuming operators are able to book then. I doubt they will be available online on the 2nd but it would be worth checking. Also worth checking the boards - this thread and others - that morning as well - am sure people will be reporting their results as the morning progresses.

Plus, we have great news for our Annual Passholders and DVC Members – you will be able to enjoy a 1-day exclusive early booking window on July 2. Annual Passholders should call 407-WDW-DINE while DVC Members can contact DVC Member Services at 800-800-9800.

Thanks, that what I assumed also. I did make a placeholder reservation at Chefs de France as we want to eat there anywhere and I’m hoping I can cancel it and rebook for CP when Icall on on July 2nd.

Sorry if this has been answered already but can you order anything off the menu or is it limited? So any app, any entree and any dessert?

Sorry if this has been answered already but can you order anything off the menu or is it limited? So any app, any entree and any dessert?

I think that is generally true... with some exclusions. I’m pretty sure that was the case at Chefs de France. But at Via Napoli, for example, I believe the larger pizzas are excluded - it’s individual pizzas only (or pastas etc). I know La Hacienda has some “serves 2” entrees not sure if those are included. Hopefully others can chime in with their experiences.

I might be dreaming this, but didn't last year Coral Reef put a restriction on the CP menu as nothing w/ lobster? We ate at Biergarten, so I just remember reading something about this in the back of my mind.

Last edited:
I might be dreaming this, but didn't last year Coral Reef put a restriction on the CP menu as nothing w/ lobster? We ate at Biergarten, so I just remember reading something about this in the back of my mind.

Good memory! I just searched the 2018 thread and apparently lobster entrees were excluded everywhere with the following being in the “fine print” and/or terms and conditions the operator reads to you.

“Lobster entrees are not included in the package at any location."

Another poster referenced some exclusions last year at Tokyo Dining.

Any idea when they will announce more narrators? Hoping to get a few more names before booking opens in July.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts