***Official Jan 2018 Thread****

Booked fast passes today.

Had to start over an hour late. No one's fault but my own. I knew I needed to renew my husband's AP, but waited until last night to do it. And of course, I had to do it on the phone. Member Services took care of it this morning and linked it, and then I jumped on line to book them.

No problems at all for Flights of Passage. I was able to have my choice of times even on day 5 of my trip. (Day 5 = Jan 21)

The website kept cutting out on me and I was pretty tired of seeing Olaf. So, I jumped on the app and took care of the rest of them.

Our day to do FastPasses is Tues the 21, and this past week I went somewhere with our son where they said he was 42 in!!!!! Our doctor he was 43" back in August, so I was planning to get FPs for 3 rides where the minimum is 44". Time to come up with some backup plans, but I have been using this as a way to get our son to eat better, and to get to sleep on time! I tried to also get him to nap today ("a power nap will help you grow taller"), but he wasnt buying it. I am also working on his posture, but he is 4, so he didn't pick up that one quickly.

OMG I am beyond and I am talking way way beyond livid - So today is exactly 60 days until my Holiday I'm staying at the Dolphin which also allows 60 FP, well it does unless you book through the UK virgin Holiday site.

Also have to say this was not the information I was given at the time of booking; but considering I booked in Janaury and now they asking me who exactly gave me that info think they taking the Mick a bit - Like I'm going to remember the exact converstion I have over 11 months ago.

Although as a seasoned Disney person it was definitely one fo the things I would have checked. As I was debating between the beach club and Dolphin and the only difference at the time was the free Disney Dining (in the UK our Free Dinining window is open a bit longer) but when I worked it out didn't think I spend that much on food - so opted for the Dolphin. No way I would have booked if I knew about them not having 60 days FP.

now I know on the surface it doesn't seems that bad, but I have a DS with ASD now I know you can get the DAS pass (Which is something else I had to education Virgin Holidays about - the customer service woman tried to tell me they would give him a tabard to wear and I would need to medically prove it (so so many things wrong with those statments)) but the DAS works best in conjunction with FP+ also there is no guarentee we'll get it, but I not too worried about that as Disney have been amazing since my son diagnosis.

I just majorly annoyed, I had all my plans in place ready to go. I gave that company a lot, and I'm talking about a lot, of money (as we all know how expensive Disney can be, try coming over from the UK) and they pull this kinda of Cr*p on me.

I think the main thing that winds me up is there is nothing I can do about it, as I can't prove that's what they told me at the time, and as we're all booked up, passed our cancellation phase, I've already told my son and made my dining plans it not like I can just say I don't want to go. (Well I could but I'm not that rich to stand on principle on this).

Just wanted to rant and I'm 100% positive I'm not going to get FOP FPs.

Now I will calm down over the next few days and make my peace with it (as I have to) and I do realise there are far, far, far worse things going on in the world than me having to wait another month to book my FP. Just angry now and at least I know you guys will be at least more likely to feel my pain.

OMG I am beyond and I am talking way way beyond livid - So today is exactly 60 days until my Holiday I'm staying at the Dolphin which also allows 60 FP, well it does unless you book through the UK virgin Holiday site.

Also have to say this was not the information I was given at the time of booking; but considering I booked in Janaury and now they asking me who exactly gave me that info think they taking the Mick a bit - Like I'm going to remember the exact converstion I have over 11 months ago.

Although as a seasoned Disney person it was definitely one fo the things I would have checked. As I was debating between the beach club and Dolphin and the only difference at the time was the free Disney Dining (in the UK our Free Dinining window is open a bit longer) but when I worked it out didn't think I spend that much on food - so opted for the Dolphin. No way I would have booked if I knew about them not having 60 days FP.

now I know on the surface it doesn't seems that bad, but I have a DS with ASD now I know you can get the DAS pass (Which is something else I had to education Virgin Holidays about - the customer service woman tried to tell me they would give him a tabard to wear and I would need to medically prove it (so so many things wrong with those statments)) but the DAS works best in conjunction with FP+ also there is no guarentee we'll get it, but I not too worried about that as Disney have been amazing since my son diagnosis.

I just majorly annoyed, I had all my plans in place ready to go. I gave that company a lot, and I'm talking about a lot, of money (as we all know how expensive Disney can be, try coming over from the UK) and they pull this kinda of Cr*p on me.

I think the main thing that winds me up is there is nothing I can do about it, as I can't prove that's what they told me at the time, and as we're all booked up, passed our cancellation phase, I've already told my son and made my dining plans it not like I can just say I don't want to go. (Well I could but I'm not that rich to stand on principle on this).

Now I will calm down over the next few days and make my peace with it (as I have to) and I do realise there are far, far, far worse things going on in the world than me having to wait another month to book my FP. Just angry now and at least I know you guys will be at least more likely to feel my pain.

Oh no, that is awful! I would be really annoyed too. I hope you’re still able to have a wonderful trip.

Sorry about that, that has to be beyond frustrating I'm sure you will have a wonderful trip though!

So the Dolphin normally gives its guests the 60 day FP window, jt this one travel agency takes that privilege/perk away??? What would their be their reasons for doing so? Weird...

How very disappointing! I am so sorry this has happened. It seems wrong that you wouldn't get the same FP window as others booking the same hotel. That's a terrible policy.

Sorry about that, that has to be beyond frustrating I'm sure you will have a wonderful trip though!

So the Dolphin normally gives its guests the 60 day FP window, jt this one travel agency takes that privilege/perk away??? What would their be their reasons for doing so? Weird...

I think it just the contract they've negotiated with them; yes it does seem strange to me but then again it's not all bad though as Parking is free and I'm not paying the daily resort fee either.

As paying for hotel parking and resort fees aren't really a thing in the UK so I think they conceded the 60 days, as the UK guest are more likely be okay with that, than with resort fees or parking fees.

Also after speaking with the manager they are going to make sure that information is explicit on their website from now on and I got the $100 - alright not an epic win, but considering they could have just said "lump it" (and I would have), I am feeling a little better, and I am going treat myself to something nice with that money to make my self feel even better.

But thank you @DisneyObsessed87 @Scooter2376 @Wubar and @Twilight Sparkle for feeling my pain

And good luck to the rest of you with your FP+ hope everything goes smoothly :thumbsup2

So very sorry to hear this! I can't even imagine, I know from reading on here how well you have planned, and then this happens. I know you are disappointed, but it seems you are handling it well, and I hope you will still have a great trip!

What a sweet husband. :love:

We recently switched to All Star Movies. (My son loves the 101 Dalmations area. Even though he does not know we are going in January yet.) We will be there 24-28. Hope you have a great trip.

Thanks so much! I'm SO super excited! Its my husbands first time to Disneyworld. I think I'm most excited about showing him "the world". I hope he falls in love with it too!

I think it just the contract they've negotiated with them; yes it does seem strange to me but then again it's not all bad though as Parking is free and I'm not paying the daily resort fee either.

As paying for hotel parking and resort fees aren't really a thing in the UK so I think they conceded the 60 days, as the UK guest are more likely be okay with that, than with resort fees or parking fees.

Also after speaking with the manager they are going to make sure that information is explicit on their website from now on and I got the $100 - alright not an epic win, but considering they could have just said "lump it" (and I would have), I am feeling a little better, and I am going treat myself to something nice with that money to make my self feel even better.

But thank you @DisneyObsessed87 @Scooter2376 @Wubar and @Twilight Sparkle for feeling my pain

And good luck to the rest of you with your FP+ hope everything goes smoothly :thumbsup2

Glad you are taking it well, and I`m happy that you got $100 from them to help make your trip a little better! Interesting information about the UK and resort and parking fees. I just still don't understand why the 60 day window was negotiated out, but it's not my place to know. I guess I see it like a certain hotel offers free breakfast to all, but if you book through travel agency X, you don't get it, although how would that save the hotel or agency any money??? The hotel is already operating under the premise that all guests can have a free breakfast, surely would have budgeted for it, regardless of whether all guests take advantage of it or not...

Rambling over. Have a great trip everyone!

So do you think that January park hours will end up being extended? From reading some other threads it sounds like the December hours were extended quite a bit, but of course, December is a much busier month. Anybody know whether it's typical for January hours to be extended?

So do you think that January park hours will end up being extended? From reading some other threads it sounds like the December hours were extended quite a bit, but of course, December is a much busier month. Anybody know whether it's typical for January hours to be extended?
Been wondering this as well!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter