*** Official January 2020 Thread ***

Here now- other than rainy Saturday weather been great. Sunny but bit cooler which is nice for touring! Got on Rise yesterday even with all the stoppages. Slept in this am and decided a Universal day today. DH got an annual pass (I already have a Univeraal AP) so now debating thanksgiving or Christmas (we will be back in August too). FYI the resort and park decorations were still up yesterday,
Safe travels to all those with upcoming trips!
Have a great rest of your trip! Enjoy that weather! :)

(Edited to add: It's snowing in Washington DC today. I can't wait - just another couple of weeks until we leave!)

Big trip is coming up soon! (week and a half) I'm so excited! :)
Because getting my tickets took longer than expected (Military salute tickets and having to wait for them to get shipped to the travel office) I got a late start to getting my FastPasses. BUT I have somehow manged to get a FastPass for Seven Dwarfs Mine Train (even if it's 5:45PM) AND by some miracle when I decided to check if there was any Avatar Flight of Passage FastPasses available a couple days ago there was one, at 1:55PM! My jaw dropped when I saw that pop up and I claimed that the second I saw it! OMG so glad that I manged to get that one. (Now I just need a better time for Seven Dwarfs Mine Train so that it doesn't overlap with my dinner reservations.)

:earsgirl:

Big trip is coming up soon! (week and a half) I'm so excited! :)
Because getting my tickets took longer than expected (Military salute tickets and having to wait for them to get shipped to the travel office) I got a late start to getting my FastPasses. BUT I have somehow manged to get a FastPass for Seven Dwarfs Mine Train (even if it's 5:45PM) AND by some miracle when I decided to check if there was any Avatar Flight of Passage FastPasses available a couple days ago there was one, at 1:55PM! My jaw dropped when I saw that pop up and I claimed that the second I saw it! OMG so glad that I manged to get that one. (Now I just need a better time for Seven Dwarfs Mine Train so that it doesn't overlap with my dinner reservations.)

:earsgirl:
Awesome on those FP finds! :)

Definitely keep checking! I was able to move my original 7:50ish pm (made at 60 days out) for 7DMT up to 5 pm-ish and then finally to 3:05 p.m. which is only about an hour later than I'd originally hoped for which was so great.

Trip is coming up soon... park days are Jan 29 & 30. If they decide to extend or add hours to any dates in January, when do we expect that to happen? Would it be this Friday?

Hours extended for HS every day through Jan 26th. Opening 7am instead of 8.
One way I'm glad my dhs day has changed as I feel less people will make the 7am drop than the 8am drop but I m hating the fact it will be a super early start 😩, its getting my oh and kids moving that will be the tricky bit 😬

I’m a little disappointed about the 7am open, as we are just doing a quick 2 day trip. The plan is to do HS in the morning, EPCOT in the afternoon, then AK after hours. Since we really want a ROTR BG, moving the open an hour earlier makes it an even longer day!

But I did manage to snag a 7:45 SDD FP, so there’s that at least! We might just have to cut back our time in the world showcase for a short nap.

We are disappointed by the 7am opening time at DHS, too. I was able to move my fastpasses to an earlier time, but it will be hard to wake up and get out the door before the food court opens.

The 7 am open is hard, but when everyone else then rushes to rides head to the market and coffee stand by TSL entrance. The front Starbucks is mobbed but both those had shorter waits. Or make the coffee in the room and keep a few nibbles (FYI beignets are still powdery delicious the next morning)

How accurate is the weather this far out? It is showing scattered rain for our days.
We don't trust the weather forecasts that are more than three days out. And scattered rain mean that it might rain in Animal Kingdom and be perfectly dry in Magic Kingdom. :)

Unless you are getting a huge, organized storm moving through, reports of scattered showers are common and you can't depend on those forecasts at all, even a day ahead of time. We have found that any kind of prediction of scattered rain to be just the standard for Florida.

We don't trust the weather forecasts that are more than three days out. And scattered rain mean that it might rain in Animal Kingdom and be perfectly dry in Magic Kingdom. :)

Unless you are getting a huge, organized storm moving through, reports of scattered showers are common and you can't depend on those forecasts at all, even a day ahead of time. We have found that any kind of prediction of scattered rain to be just the standard for Florida.
Agree 100% ! I don't get flustered by the weather reports until I'm there lol and even then, I only look at the following day because the forecast can change within 24 hours :)

We leave Friday!! Weather looks good up here in NY for our departure. They're saying snow here on our return day but hey, who cares 😂

Agree 100% ! I don't get flustered by the weather reports until I'm there lol and even then, I only look at the following day because the forecast can change within 24 hours :)

We leave Friday!! Weather looks good up here in NY for our departure. They're saying snow here on our return day but hey, who cares 😂
Lol I'm a little relieved now, b/c it's showing no rain. We will for sure pack a light rain jacket just in case. I'm just wondering how 60's in Orlando feels vs 60's in southern California. The humidity looks the same.

Lol I'm a little relieved now, b/c it's showing no rain. We will for sure pack a light rain jacket just in case. I'm just wondering how 60's in Orlando feels vs 60's in southern California. The humidity looks the same.
I will say 60's in Florida feels chillier than 60's in NY but it's better than the 30's we're having here now!

I do the same thing with FL weather, just pack ponchos and hope for the best!
YAY! Almost time for you, have fun!! :) (Who cares, that's the spirit! LOL. )

We're leaving from DC a week after you and showing snowflakes on our flight day (which is also a park day), but they never get the precipitation right for our area so I'm kinda ignoring those snowflakes they're showing right now...fingers crossed! I wish they were listed for our return date instead haha

I will say 60's in Florida feels chillier than 60's in NY but it's better than the 30's we're having here now!
I agree! I wore a jacket when in Orlando/Tampa in December and it was in the 60s.

Lived most of my life in NY, 60s in January up there is like a heatwave! I'd be in t-shirts and shorts :D

We are enjoying the most beautiful weather this week. We arrived yesterday to weather in the mid-80's and it is wonderful. We have been to WDW many times in January and usually have jacket weather. This is better weather than we had in December by far. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!