*** Official January 2020 Thread ***

Tentatively joining in and impatiently waiting for the 2020 packages to be released!

Looking to book All Star Movies for January 29-February 9...me and my two daughters -- my youngest will be celebrating her 18th birthday!! (She has special needs & cognitively, she's around the level of a 6 or 7 year old, so we're planning lots of princess meet and greets and character meals! lol!)

Hello from another Kelly who will be at POP during the same week! I used to teach special education before deciding to stay home with our kids and I LOVE how Disney personalizes the experience to include everyone!

Just booked room-only (hope to convert to discount package) for Pop Century Jan 2-7. Default transportation is driving down but if I can get a GREAT sale on airfare (seven of us makes it difficult) might grab it and use Magical Express. Hoping Rise of the Resistance is open by then!

Family trip, staying at BRV January 11-19, and then DH and I move to BCV through January 24. It will be our first time taking our son, daughter-in-law and 2 kids, 10 and 18. They have never been to WDW, except for my son, who was last there when he was 13 in 1996. They are Star Wars fans, so we are hoping all of Galaxy's Edge will be open by then. DH and I are taking a reconnaissance trip to check it out at the end of October and hopefully figure out a strategy that will work for our group in January

Went ahead and booked our room!! Decided to upgrade to APs on our September trip so I was able to book room only now!
January 29 - February 9 -- Art of Animation Little Mermaid room! :love:

Just booked room-only (hope to convert to discount package) for Pop Century Jan 2-7. Default transportation is driving down but if I can get a GREAT sale on airfare (seven of us makes it difficult) might grab it and use Magical Express. Hoping Rise of the Resistance is open by then!
My daughter and I going Jan. 4th-11. To celebrate her 21st. Also staying at Pop.

We are going end of Jan! We are doing a short Disney cruise first and then going to WDW for 10 days! We will most likely end up at Art of Animation, that has been our favorite from past trips!

Went ahead and booked our room!! Decided to upgrade to APs on our September trip so I was able to book room only now!
January 29 - February 9 -- Art of Animation Little Mermaid room! :love:

We are staying Jan 24-Feb 3 at AoA LM room!! Our first time staying AoA so excited!!

Taking my first Disney vacation in about 10 years! My Dad is a DVC member and is taking my boyfriend and I, so it'll just be the three of us.

Staying BWV from January 18-25. With it being our first DW trip in a while I am looking forward to spending hours on this site. :earboy2:

Changed my dates... 1/17-1/27. One week earlier than planned. How bad will MLK weekend be?

There was a work convention and Super Bowl the weekend I was ending on.

We’re thinking about doing a January trip again in 2020! :cheer2:
Any news yet on when packages will be released?

We’re thinking about doing a January trip again in 2020! :cheer2:
Any news yet on when packages will be released?

Last year was mid June. When I was changing dates yesterday cm said a couple of weeks so around mid June. She said we can buy tickets then too won’t be a separate drop date for room and tickets. Also she said room discounts should come out in October but I didn’t check historical discounts to confirm.

We will be booking our January trip soon!! Tonight if I can convince DH lol. We have been in January once before and loved it. Hoping to catch some of the Festival of the Arts!

We are planning our very first Disney trip ever for the end of January 2020 for a delayed honeymoon. :earsgirl::earsgirl: We're planning on staying at Port Orleans Riverside, and I'm beyond excited! I've been dreaming about this trip since I was a kid, and I'm excited to spend time on the boards to get some great ideas.

My DW and I are trying to pull a Jan 2020 trip together now... trying for 13th thru 17th, and are looking at all angles on rooms, including renting points. There was a much larger international trip we were trying for, but by the time we could confirm, airfare was completely out of hand. Both of us are honestly a little embarrassed about wanting to return to WDW, so it took some time to get on the same page and decide to do it!

Looks like I'm making another January trip! Super-stoked! Little bummed that I'm not going with my best friend, but when my mom offered to take me to Disney World (and at a Deluxe Resort!!) I couldn't say no. (even tho previous joint vacations have been...tense.)

Going with my best buddy set a definite gold standard for Disney trips, but I think this is going to be really fun too! Back in the planning phase and loving it! (Tho I miss how BFF just sat back and let me go. But it's a fun kind of challenge to try and plan a Disney trip with my mom's interests, taste, and stamina in mind.)

But hoo, it feels kind of tricky trying to suss how to plan anything around Galaxy's Edge.

Yay! Glad I found this. We are booked Jan 11-18. One night at BWV and the rest at BCV. Can't wait to book tickets and keep planning!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!