****Official January 2021 thread****

What was the reason they provided for the change. In my email they specifically said WEATHER. Our trip is still over a month away but they are already aware of weather issues.

Wow! Do they have a crystal ball to predict the weather? We were on the plane once before they cancelled the flight due to weather.
They didn't give me a reason, except to say it was due to schedule changes.

So first the announcement that Disneyland Paris is shutting down again due to a rise in numbers over there and now I just saw an article saying that January could be one of the worst months for covid. Ugh Is anyone concerned that we may see another shut down in January?

So first the announcement that Disneyland Paris is shutting down again due to a rise in numbers over there and now I just saw an article saying that January could be one of the worst months for covid. Ugh Is anyone concerned that we may see another shut down in January?
I've heard noncredible rumors about another potential shutdown, but I don't think Florida or WDW will do it on their own. It will only be if a certain person has the power to do it nationwide. Fortunately for me, my trip is before the day that could be possible. Guess we'll know more next week if that might happen.

We are getting close to 100k new cases a day though and have now had 2 days with higher positives than during the summer spike, so it definitely seems to be getting worse. But...it didn't get better after the last shutdown, not sure what a second shut down will do.

After a lot of angst and thought we have decided to cancel the Jan 2021 trip. IMHO, things are not yet comfortable for us to go for a variety of reasons. Now looking at April 2021.
However, I will not cancel the Disney reservation until we absolutely have to.
We are very sad.......
No flights yet.
If things dramatically change with the pandemic we will be in, it really is a wait and see game for us.
I hope I am wrong!!

After a lot of angst and thought we have decided to cancel the Jan 2021 trip. IMHO, things are not yet comfortable for us to go for a variety of reasons. Now looking at April 2021.
However, I will not cancel the Disney reservation until we absolutely have to.
We are very sad.......
No flights yet.
If things dramatically change with the pandemic we will be in, it really is a wait and see game for us.
I hope I am wrong!!

My husband and I got to WDW every January for our wedding anniversary. DVC rooms booked and airfare through Southwest. I am back and forth depending on the time of day. Honestly a new quarantine room would be a nice change of pace. We will decide as late as possible.

I also have a spring break trip planned for just me and my 2 boys. DVC rooms but no flight yet. I am more worried about that trip since I will be traveling with my kids.

We returned from our October WDW trip on Friday. Mask compliance at WDW was excellent during the time we were there. I was surprised at how good people were about wearing their masks in the parks, at our resort and on Disney transportation. We did not go to Disney Springs or spend a lot of time in the parks.

But we might cancel our January trip because we don't think that things will be different in January. We really missed interacting with cast members and guests. We missed seeing people's faces, especially the smiles. We really missed park hopping, especially since we were at the Yacht Club. We also missed the fireworks and shows. And the short park hours left nothing to do at night.

We had a good time in October and we were glad that we went on the trip. We are annual passholders and the AP discounts were a bonus. We felt safe there so that wasn't an issue. But we missed the way it used to be. We'll make a decision later. We might end up bored enough to take the January trip after all. ;)

Woke up to a second Southwest change email. The first change afforded us the perfect itinerary now the returning flight is no longer an option. There is only one flight option left that would work best for us. The other option is to change our returning day. Uggh. I hope this isn't a sign. I don't want to be shuffling around flights, credits, DVC points, reservations if something major happens.

Considering the current state of affairs I know that could have worse problems than trying to plan a Disneyworld vacation. Is January travel really a good idea for me and my husband? Our Disney trips are really "Set it and forget it". Once everything is planned I just sit back until we pick ADR or FP+. I am 50/50 on this trip right now. I need a Laptop Laptop NOW! 💔

Woke up to a second Southwest change email. The first change afforded us the perfect itinerary now the returning flight is no longer an option. There is only one flight option left that would work best for us. The other option is to change our returning day. Uggh. I hope this isn't a sign. I don't want to be shuffling around flights, credits, DVC points, reservations if something major happens.
Ugh that really sucks. They changed our arrival flight and now we arrive after 5 instead of at 1. What a waste of a day now. I hope they don't change things again.

Considering the current state of affairs I know that could have worse problems than trying to plan a Disneyworld vacation. Is January travel really a good idea for me and my husband? Our Disney trips are really "Set it and forget it". Once everything is planned I just sit back until we pick ADR or FP+. I am 50/50 on this trip right now. I need a Laptop Laptop NOW! 💔
I think if I wasn't using someone else's DVC points I would have pushed my trip back. Not really an option though sadly because I think we would just lose all that money.

SW changed my flights again. Now instead of my DD getting to MCO about 20 minutes before me, now I get there an hour before my DD... Ugh, so crazy!

I'm surprised to see so many flights changing already, 2 months out. We fly Spirit (live close to a small Spirit-only airport and have never had a problem) and I keep checking the flight every day and my husband and I are literally the only seats taken. I know more people can and will book over the next 11 weeks, but all these changes are making me worried they'll cancel it altogether.

Well today we had to change our trip date because my husband has to get major surgery that would have interfered with the trip. So now we are going at the end of April. Gonna be tough to wait another 3 months but when Feb 1st comes around, which was our departure date, I'll be glad I sill have the trip to look forward to. Hope all of you going in January have great trips!!!! Best of luck to you all!

Well today we had to change our trip date because my husband has to get major surgery that would have interfered with the trip. So now we are going at the end of April. Gonna be tough to wait another 3 months but when Feb 1st comes around, which was our departure date, I'll be glad I sill have the trip to look forward to. Hope all of you going in January have great trips!!!! Best of luck to you all!
Oh No! Hope everything goes well with the surgery.

We are headed back to Disney January 10-16, 2021. Just my husband and I, we will be celebrating our anniversary early due to work schedules. We will be staying at Bay Lake Tower. Very excited!
Sounds like fun! I've stayed at the Contemporary years ago but never at BLT. We considered it when we rescheduled but my daughter loves BWV so that won out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter