***OFFICIAL*** Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM! Spectacular & Dessert Party ***2019 JBJB Discussion Begins on Pg. 39***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has there been confirmation of what date the SW show will be run in addition to JBJB show?

Alright, alright... you guys twisted my arm. I booked the party for 12/9. I missed out on the HEA fireworks viewing dessert party (sold out already) so I was pretty excited to see this one.

Hi - is there a post or thread that talks about the best viewing location without the dessert party?
We are a party of 5 with two on scooters. Not sure if there is a special handicap area we should go to or just the best location in general.

This will be our first time to see the show.

Thanks
Todd

Has there been confirmation of what date the SW show will be run in addition to JBJB show?

I wasn't aware that there is a return date before it resumes on Jan 7th.

There is only 1 day when they show both JBJB and Star Wars, and that's NYE. That day they have JBJB early, and Star Wars at midnight. Then it's only JBJB and after Jan 7th it is only StarWars.

So glad I found this thread! We'll be attending the party on Thanksgiving night :) It'll be me, DH and my MIL, and will be MIL's first visit to WDW since 1985! DH and I did the JBJB party in 2016 and it still remains our favorite dessert party.
We did the SW dessert party in September, and didn't love the viewing area. Has there been any talk of them moving it further back, or is it still planned to be right in front of the Chinese Theater?

Reactions: CJN

There is only 1 day when they show both JBJB and Star Wars, and that's NYE. That day they have JBJB early, and Star Wars at midnight. Then it's only JBJB and after Jan 7th it is only StarWars.
Have you seen that posted by Disney somewhere?

We did the SW dessert party in September, and didn't love the viewing area. Has there been any talk of them moving it further back, or is it still planned to be right in front of the Chinese Theater?
No talk about moving it because there's no where to move to. For reasons which I won't get in to, they cannot use any of the space currently used by day guests. Most party Guests are ok with the viewing location.

Hi - is there a post or thread that talks about the best viewing location without the dessert party?
We are a party of 5 with two on scooters. Not sure if there is a special handicap area we should go to or just the best location in general.

This will be our first time to see the show.

Thanks
Todd
there is a handicap viewing area, as you look toward Center stage it's on the left

No talk about moving it because there's no where to move to. For reasons which I won't get in to, they cannot use any of the space currently used by day guests. Most party Guests are ok with the viewing location.
Thanks Fastpasser! It wasn't awful, but DH and I both agreed we preferred the old viewing locations. It'll be fine either way, especially on a day as busy as Thanksgiving!

Thanks Fastpasser! It wasn't awful, but DH and I both agreed we preferred the old viewing locations. It'll be fine either way, especially on a day as busy as Thanksgiving!

We will be there Thanksgiving night as well, our first time for JBJB. :cool1:

Yup, originally that wasn't the case.
I know the question wasn’t aimed at me, but looking at the WDW website a few days ago to see if any Star Wars parties had been added, I saw that there was only the one (New Years Eve).
Yup, I see that now.

It wasn't awful, but DH and I both agreed we preferred the old viewing locations. It'll be fine either way, especially on a day as busy as Thanksgiving!
You're not alone in that thinking. It's not so bad now because the higher fireworks have been suspended. If you were in the wrong spot when they did have them, you couldn't see them at all.

Does anyone have experience with the dessert party with someone with a peanut allergy? Where their items that were safe? Did you get your own plante? etc

Does anyone have experience with the dessert party with someone with a peanut allergy? Where their items that were safe?
They deal with food allergies on a nightly basis. There's always a party Chef, so just tell any CM and they'll direct you to the Chef or have them come to your table to explain the options. Depending on the allergy, they may offer you a limited assortment of alternative desserts. I'm not sure it's worth doing the party for those with severe food allergies.
Did you get your own plante? etc
Hmm, not familiar with that word.

I think I have my husband talked into this. We have never attended a dessert party, and this one seems to be the one everyone likes the best, so I think it's the one we may try. It will be us and our 2 children (15 & 22). I have to move my Sci-Fi reservation to a lunchtime slot instead of dinner, though, as my husband says he won't give up that reservation, lol, and I don't want to eat dinner right before a dessert party (I don't think?). Reading this post has me really excited to try it, but I can't seem to push the button just yet - can it be cancelled later if we decided against it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter