***OFFICIAL*** Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM! Spectacular & Dessert Party ***2019 JBJB Discussion Begins on Pg. 39***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone confirm if Santa Goofy is the VIP guest at JBJB?
Yes, he was for us last week.
Glad we hadn't queued to meet him the night before at MVMCP!
We waited to meet him at MVMCP and I was a little sad that we had “wasted” time since he was at JBJB dessert party. However once I looked at my photopass pictures I was glad he met him at MVMCP. The lighting was terrible at JBJB dessert party and my whole face is in shadow. Just a heads up for future party goers. Check your photos during the party and ask to get new ones if they are too dark. The photos from MVMCP turn out so much better.

We waited to meet him at MVMCP and I was a little sad that we had “wasted” time since he was at JBJB dessert party. However once I looked at my photopass pictures I was glad he met him at MVMCP. The lighting was terrible at JBJB dessert party and my whole face is in shadow. Just a heads up for future party goers. Check your photos during the party and ask to get new ones if they are too dark. The photos from MVMCP turn out so much better.
Our lighting was actually fine, but good advice for all future photos I think!

Regarding the Santa Goofy meet and greet. A minor, I repeat, minor "Magical Moment" does occur for a limited time to a limited number of guests. Others who have attended the party may divulge what it is but I'm not going to spoil it by posting what it is. For those planning to attend, if you happen to be in the area of the check-in podium when it first opens at 5pm, ask the check-in host. I wouldn't go out of my way to do it, you won't miss out on anything.

Regarding the Santa Goofy meet and greet. A minor, I repeat, minor "Magical Moment" does occur for a limited time to a limited number of guests. Others who have attended the party may divulge what it is but I'm not going to spoil it by posting what it is. For those planning to attend, if you happen to be in the area of the check-in podium when it first opens at 5pm, ask the check-in host. I wouldn't go out of my way to do it, you won't miss out on anything.
Intrigued now as we must have missed this! Will you PM me?

Yes
Was it taken at the photo-op area? Did they have the additional lighting setup that night?
Yes it was taken at the photo op area-I think that the way the wall is it cast a shadow right on my face-not sure if the photographer was still getting their lighting right as we were one of the first groups to meet Santa Goofy (thinking the minor magical moment you were talking about). I’ll pm you the photo

The SW party is a mix and mingle reception, so guests are encouraged to come and go from the food area. It's posted on the MDE website that seating is not available. The trend is to supply seating at dessert parties, but unless more space is allocated for the SW dessert party, which is very unlikely, it's not changing anytime soon.
If there aren't going to be ample tables at some of these events, they should put out PLATES instead of saucers, so you could at least balance your drink on there. I can't really hold a plate in one hand, a drink in the other, and actually eat. But other than sitting on the floor, we did enjoy the SW party.

If there aren't going to be ample tables at some of these events, they should put out PLATES instead of saucers, so you could at least balance your drink on there. I can't really hold a plate in one hand, a drink in the other, and actually eat. But other than sitting on the floor, we did enjoy the SW party.
Yeah -- I would have preferred if the "gift" was a plate that holds a glass like the F&W ones -- print something awesome and SW on there and that's a winner in my book. :)

I did this party last year and it was really nice. the food was good, the seating was nice, I am not sure where it is held but the atmosphere was great and the grownup drinks were very good. I really enjoyed JBJB but I had super low expectations based on reviews but I thought it was a fun show and enjoyed the integration of all of the effects from projections to pyro to twinkling lights in trees to snow. I think it was a well done party.

RE santa goofy, it was nice to have him come around but we also saw him at H&V so the dark pictures didn't bother me.

Made the decision this morning before heading to work (late) and reserved this for me and my folks for December 18th (when the price jumps...ah, we only live once). I really wasn't interested, but I watched video of the new show and it seems better than last year's to me. Maybe I'm just in the holiday spirit and chomping at the bit for some festive fun! This means no Happily Ever After this trip, but that's okay. A reason to return!

EDIT: Actually, now that I look at the times, JBJB is at 6:30 that night, and HEA is at 9:00. Is there any chance of making it to the MK in time if we leave right after JBJB? Is there a bus directly from DHS to MK?

EDIT AGAIN: I see that there's not. MK has to be reached via TTC.

Last edited:
Made the decision this morning before heading to work (late) and reserved this for me and my folks for December 18th (when the price jumps...ah, we only live once). I really wasn't interested, but I watched video of the new show and it seems better than last year's to me. Maybe I'm just in the holiday spirit and chomping at the bit for some festive fun! This means no Happily Ever After this trip, but that's okay. A reason to return!

EDIT: Actually, now that I look at the times, JBJB is at 6:30 that night, and HEA is at 9:00. Is there any chance of making it to the MK in time if we leave right after JBJB? Is there a bus directly from DHS to MK?

EDIT AGAIN: I see that there's not. MK has to be reached via TTC.
Unless something has changed all Disney buses drop guests off at the bus shelters directly in front of MK. Is JBJB at 6:30 or does the party start then? If JBJB is at 6:30 then I see no reason you can’t make it as it will be over by 6:45. If the party starts at 6:30 and JBJB is at 8 that’s a little tougher. The reserved viewing area is closest to the theater and therefore you will be in the back of the crowd leaving DHS after JBJB. When we left Saturday from JBJB we walked as quickly as we could (with the slow moving crowd) to the bus shelter for BLT/CR/WL. Our bus came fairly quickly (probably 5 min or so after arriving). Still by the time we got out of the DHS traffic and through MK traffic it was literally 9 on the dot when we arrived at our room (had a room where we could see HEA fireworks from our room). Now granted we did have a stop at WL that added 5-10 min onto our bus ride but we also didn’t have to deal with going through MK security. I would still say you’d have a good shot at making it if you can walk fast to the MK bus stop at DHS AND thing break well (bus arrives quickly and there aren’t too many people ahead of you in the bus line). Just don’t plan on having a great view of HEA as you will probably still be near the train station end of Main Street when the fireworks start.

Unless something has changed all Disney buses drop guests off at the bus shelters directly in front of MK. Is JBJB at 6:30 or does the party start then? If JBJB is at 6:30 then I see no reason you can’t make it as it will be over by 6:45. If the party starts at 6:30 and JBJB is at 8 that’s a little tougher. The reserved viewing area is closest to the theater and therefore you will be in the back of the crowd leaving DHS after JBJB. When we left Saturday from JBJB we walked as quickly as we could (with the slow moving crowd) to the bus shelter for BLT/CR/WL. Our bus came fairly quickly (probably 5 min or so after arriving). Still by the time we got out of the DHS traffic and through MK traffic it was literally 9 on the dot when we arrived at our room (had a room where we could see HEA fireworks from our room). Now granted we did have a stop at WL that added 5-10 min onto our bus ride but we also didn’t have to deal with going through MK security. I would still say you’d have a good shot at making it if you can walk fast to the MK bus stop at DHS AND thing break well (bus arrives quickly and there aren’t too many people ahead of you in the bus line). Just don’t plan on having a great view of HEA as you will probably still be near the train station end of Main Street when the fireworks start.
The party starts at 5:00pm and the show is 6:30-6:45pm, so hopefully that will be plenty of time then. I guess we'll just catch the bus back to the Grand Floridian and then hop on the monorail to MK.
Thanks for the input!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!