***OFFICIAL*** Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM! Spectacular & Dessert Party ***2019 JBJB Discussion Begins on Pg. 39***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here’s the list of items.

Savory:
Pretzel bread
Flatbread
Cheese fondue
Spinach artichoke dip
Roasted French onion dip with kettle chips
Holiday nut mix

Sweet:
Yule log
Coconut crispies
Assorted cheesecake bites with whipped cream
Chocolate verinne with cinnamon marshmallows
Holiday cookies
Gingerbread cupcakes
Pumpkin pie spiced bread pudding
Warm candy cane brownie with peppermint ganache
Vanilla ice cream
Chocolate fondue with fruit, cake pieces, and marshmallows

I will try to get a pic up of the view either tonight or tomorrow. It is a close view, but I didn’t feel like I had to wrench my neck or anything. It felt very immersive, since the buildings and fireworks are going off next to and in front of you. I actually liked the view. It was a good party with good food, but I ate way too much.

Here's the view we had sitting on the curb at the back of the viewing area. I have to compliment everybody in the dessert party on sitting down the whole time so all had a good view, including the kiddos!
There is an area at the front that is obstructed by a hedge, but it seemed like most people were able to avoid it.

DSC_6260_half.jpg

Here's the view we had sitting on the curb at the back of the viewing area. I have to compliment everybody in the dessert party on sitting down the whole time so all had a good view, including the kiddos!
There is an area at the front that is obstructed by a hedge, but it seemed like most people were able to avoid it.

View attachment 366446
What time did you go out for the viewing?

At the SW party we were very late getting out as I believe they came to our table to tell us to go outside. I actually was in the back but one row in.....DH cant sit still so while I sat (and everyone in our group sat with the exception of those right at that hedge in the front) he stood behind us very close to some steps? He was, I believe, technically outside of the reserved viewing area?

What time did you go out for the viewing?

At the SW party we were very late getting out as I believe they came to our table to tell us to go outside. I actually was in the back but one row in.....DH cant sit still so while I sat (and everyone in our group sat with the exception of those right at that hedge in the front) he stood behind us very close to some steps? He was, I believe, technically outside of the reserved viewing area?

I think it was 10-15 minutes before 9pm, which was the time for the movie show. We were some of the first out there, since we overheard a CM tell another table.

View attachment 366446

We are going to the desert party. Is there seating? or are you supposed to sit on the ground?

There's sitting for the dessert portion but not in the viewing area
I understand that there is seating for the food part but it sounded like the above poster was referring to people from the desert party sitting to view the show....that is the part I am questioning

I understand that there is seating for the food part but it sounded like the above poster was referring to people from the desert party sitting to view the show....that is the part I am questioning

We sat on a curb at tgebavj of the viewings area. Everyone else dat on the ground.

Taking into consideration Yulilin3's response, I'm confused as to what you're asking.

Taking into consideration Yulilin3's response, I'm confused as to what you're asking.

Sorry for the confusion but my comment goes back to soniam who said...I have to compliment everybody in the dessert party on sitting down the whole time so all had a good view

The dessert party has seats for the food part and then they move to in front of the stage to view the show. I am assuming soniam was referring to this part (viewing the show) that the desert party people sat down???

That is what I don't understand. I will not be sitting on the ground to view the show

Sorry for the confusion but this is the first time going to the desert party ... and seeing as show in this area.

Sorry for the confusion but my comment goes back to soniam who said...I have to compliment everybody in the dessert party on sitting down the whole time so all had a good view

The dessert party has seats for the food part and then they move to in front of the stage to view the show. I am assuming soniam was referring to this part (viewing the show) that the desert party people sat down???

That is what I don't understand. I will not be sitting on the ground to view the show

Sorry for the confusion but this is the first time going to the desert party ... and seeing as show in this area.
We attended the last two years in a row and will be attending again in December. I can tell you that in the past there was no formal seating for the show and doubt that has changed.

I was a little apprehensive to sit on the ground as my knees are pretty bad (been putting off surgery for a torn meniscus). It was actually great and pretty much everyone in our area sat just for comfort's sake. The projections on the theater and of course the fireworks are very easily viewed from a sitting position for everyone that way. Of course, dh had to come pull me up off the ground afterwards, :rotfl2:

During this and the sw dessert party most people have reported back that many if not all the party goers do sit down, on the ground, for the viewing portion. You are not forced to though, if you prefer to stand I would stand to the left hand side of the viewing area

Thank you. I am 61 and I am not sitting on the ground...simply because I will never get back up. hehehe. my friend has a scooter...so they probably have a special area???

Party Guests are assured of a standing viewing spot, being able to sit is a bonus. It all depends on the makeup and attitude of the Guests attending on a given night. I've seen it on a good number of nights in the past where it's been standing room only. You just never know. If those around you are sitting, common sense and courtesy dictates that you either sit or move to the perimeter so as not to block anyone's view.

People sat on the ground. Those who stood did so on the sides/edges of the viewing area. There are no chairs. Since the viewing area is raised, if people stand in the middle of the area, then those on the ground behind can’t see. The sides are fine though, because there are bushes there.

We sat on the ground while we waited for the show to start then we stood to watch it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter