***OFFICIAL*** Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM! Spectacular & Dessert Party ***2019 JBJB Discussion Begins on Pg. 39***

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was warm pretzel bread with cheese fondue
Flat bread with spinach artichoke dip
Home made chips with onion dip
Some type of party snack mix (didn’t try it)
Warm pumpkin pie bread pudding
Plus everything else the previous poster mentioned

Oh no i was looking forward to the savoury as much as the sweet, as I heard great things about them last Year,
So no meatballs or antipasti they looked great, so do the slaw

I think I had enough Pretzels to last me a month.

Were these soft pretzels? Or the type of pretzels you get in a bag at the grocery store?

My brother is going (my gift to his family) and he's complaining because he doesn't eat sweets in the evening, so I want to be able to tell him what he will be able to eat there.

No there was none of those things when we went

Such a shame, sounded like a fantastic line up of savoury food .
I heard some people said it was too weird a choices maybe that' why they have removed them.

Has anyone with food allergies done the JBJB party? Just wondering what anyone's experiences with it was if so.
We did the Star Wars Dessert Party with food allergies and it was great. Hoping for a similar experience. TIA :)

Such a shame, sounded like a fantastic line up of savoury food .
I heard some people said it was too weird a choices maybe that' why they have removed them.
Just a different party, different Chefs, different choices. Some food offerings change at all the dessert parties from time to time.
Has anyone with food allergies done the JBJB party? Just wondering what anyone's experiences with it was if so.
We did the Star Wars Dessert Party with food allergies and it was great. Hoping for a similar experience. TIA :)
It will be the same. The reoccurring dessert parties at Epcot & DHS and private parties at AK are all put on by the same department, so policies, practices and even the staff are the same.

So just came back from JBJB my daughter had not seen it this year and I didn't tell her anything about the changes to the show, after the show she asked me it got better this year right? :)

We attended this dessert party on Dec 2, and I just filled out a survey about it.

Our two cents... it was myself and my 11yo daughter...

Good (in order of best/most important):
  • CMs awesome as always, across the board. Period.
  • Reserved seating -- both the RESERVED and actual SEATING are important to us. :)
  • Food was generally good; liked the fondu and chips, popcorn, punch
  • Loved Santa Goofy photo op
  • Table decor & ornament are cute
Bad (from WORST to just not great):
  • Tables WAY, WAY TOO CLOSE together!! I would have paid more to have space to get in and out of our seats to access the buffet.
  • View of the show: we sat at the back, center of the reserved area (got out there as soon as they opened it). It was perfectly fine for the projections, IMO. Absolutely RIDICULOUS wrt the majority of the fireworks -- so obscured. I think that they should either design the show such that the view from these areas is decent, or warn people that it is a severely obstructed view wrt the fireworks portion -- the same way they warn you when you buy theatre tickets in some sections of the theatre.
  • We had table mates who seemed lovely, but we would have preferred an option for a table for two. I know we were warned in the fine print -- it's just a preference, even though it wasn't a surprise.
The show itself...
  • Loved movie magic projections before JBJB
  • Meh for JBJB. The lasers were the best part of that show, from our perspectives. Just falls flat to me.

Overall, any night in WDW is a great night!! We had a great time just being together on this mother/daughter trip, and actually really loved Movie Magic and the projections on ToT. It was a lot of fun experiencing SNOW during these shows while enjoying 63-degree weather. We're glad we did this once to get a taste of DHS over Christmas, but would not do this dessert party again. Might watch the show from a distance, and would definitely catch the ToT projections again.
We loved it , it was 40 degrees and we froze but what a nice festive show to start the holidays , movie magic just brings back a little bit of the great movie ride .

Anyone ever see this show? Is it worth a special trip back at night to see?

In my opinion, no. It is not anything spectacular. There are a few fireworks and lasers, but nothing to make a big deal over.
But, you could go ride Toy Story Mania while everybody is standing in front of the theater with a decently short wait. ;)

The enhanced JBJB show is just one of a number of elements being presented in this year's DHS Christmas experience, IMO, it absolutely makes a special trip to DHS worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!