Official July 2018 Thread!

How did I just notice this thread?

We are making our first Orlando trip in July. We are doing a split stay with Universal. Starting 4 nights at Universal from July 5 to 9th and then moving to Disney Port Orleans Riverside from July 9th-16. Very excited and can’t wait.

Ahoy!
I am going on my first trip in July from July 21-27 with my brother, Mom and Dad. I am staying at Port Orleans French Quarter and using a hopper pass. I am super excited! Happy planning everyone!
We overlap a little! I'll be at POFQ from July 25-30!

How did I just notice this thread?

We are making our first Orlando trip in July. We are doing a split stay with Universal. Starting 4 nights at Universal from July 5 to 9th and then moving to Disney Port Orleans Riverside from July 9th-16. Very excited and can’t wait.
I've never been to Universal. Once I get to Disney...I just never leave. lol

I've never been to Universal. Once I get to Disney...I just never leave. lol

This is why I am doing Universal first. Lol. We also have big Harry Potter fans in our family which is why we are doing Universal as well.

I've been at POP once. All my other times have been at the All Stars. I just can't bring myself to pay extra money for just a hotel room. LOL I love the Movies!

Movies has always been my absolute favorite but the new beds in the refurbed rooms are amazing!

This is why I am doing Universal first. Lol. We also have big Harry Potter fans in our family which is why we are doing Universal as well.
I am such a HUGE HP fan! I just seems so expensive, even compared to Disney. I always fly down there and never rent a car.

Movies has always been my absolute favorite but the new beds in the refurbed rooms are amazing!
I paid for the preferred room and I'm hoping the Toy Story will be completed by our July trip! I wonder if they will keep some of the theming and not look like another hotel.

Just booked a Mother/Daughter trip July 26 - Aug 2. Spending some time together at our favorite place after she's been 1,000 miles from home at college Freshman year :yay:. The last time we went was 2015 with her dance studio so it was short and filled with more dance than parks. This will be my 12th trip and her 8th, we can never get enough ::MickeyMo

Just booked a Mother/Daughter trip July 26 - Aug 2. Spending some time together at our favorite place after she's been 1,000 miles from home at college Freshman year :yay:. The last time we went was 2015 with her dance studio so it was short and filled with more dance than parks. This will be my 12th trip and her 8th, we can never get enough ::MickeyMo

We will be there at the same time. Have fun!

oh that sounds like fun! I did a Mother/Daughter trip with my mother this fall and we had a blast! :)

I'm glad I found this thread. Heading to Disney with my family (husband, young son and my parents), and haven't been in about 20 years. I've always visited in July, so that's all I know. Still, a bit concerned about the heat but we'll have FP+ and with some careful planning, we should be okay. We also plan on doing two rest days at the resort and spending July 3 and 4th by the pool to avoid the crowds.

Oh I am starting to get nervous about this trip!! Everyone I talk to say I am crazy for going over the 4th of July. They say I am going to be miserable. It’s just a short trip the 2nd-5th. I may add a day, but not sure.

I really think it will be fine. I’m the type of person that is really flexible and if the crowds/heat get to me I can do things to fix that. Just having some second thought...

Anyone care to share tips of how you handle summer at Disney??

I've only gone to Disney in July. Yes, it's hot, but I'd recommend going on rides in the morning, and then heading back to the hotel between 11:30 am - 1 pm to relax, hang out by the pool, nap, etc. and then go back out for dinner. Also, bring a small misting fan, utilize FP+, etc.

My wife and I are taking my mother for her first Disney trip from July 7th to July 20th. We'll be staying at Pop Century. Can't wait! Something funny about our trip payment dates, on the website it says we need to have everything paid off by June 7th, but on the trip book that they sent us, it says that the deadline is May 7th! I'm pretty sure that the real final payment due date is the one of the website, but I'm pretending that the May 7th deadline is the real one and then I'll just use May as a spending money saving month!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter