Official July 2018 Thread!

Leaving Saturday!! Busy day today. I'm going to go set up my classroom, so that is not hanging over my head when I get back. Groceries, laundry, bathe dog . . . oh, I'm so ready to go play!!

One week left! This is a training trip for me, but we have our late afternoons & evenings free! So excited to check out HEA (I've only seen it from outside MK) and Slinky Dog and DAH and and and and! Last year, we went with ILs, SIL and her family etc - next week is just SIL & me, no kids at all & she hasn't really seen much of the parks at night and has never done any hard ticketed events. She hates crowds so I can't wait to see her at DAH!

We leave Friday! Going to the grocery store for snacks/essentials to bring and getting a lot of packing done today. Tomorrow getting mani/pedis with my daughter and finishing packing, then hitting the road Friday am! We are driving and doing some stops along the way, so we won’t actually be in WDW until Sunday morning. Ready to get this thing started!

Well we FINALLY rode FoP. No wonder the waits are so long...it takes forever to get on the ride itself. Ugh!!
I was a little nervous bc I do get motion sickness on star tours but I was determined to see what all the hype was. It was good but simulation rides are not my thing. Once was enough for me. My DS17 LOVED it!! So he’s going to use my magic band next week to ride a again.
We had a fabulous dinner at Yachtman last night then walked over to watch illuminations.

Sounds like everyone has had/having a great trip so far! We've been back for over a week now and we're still trying to acclimate back into everyday life. We had a great trip. Toy Story Land was really cute and we were able to ride everything there. Slinky Dog was really fun. Happily Ever After was a great show. I'm glad we made the time to go. We didn't stay for the 4th of July fireworks at Epcot. That was a goal for us this year but my kids were wiped out. Our annual passes are officially expired which makes me a little sad but we're talking about a 2019 trip next year.

So after a few days here I've noticed the crowds are smaller than the normal summer crowds, but the FP lines are long. In some cases almost as long as the stand-by lines. We used a FP for test track and waited 30 minutes. Standby at 40. Same with ToT today. And it is so hot of course. 99° with a real feel of 111 today. Hydrate!!

We couldn't use our 8pm FP for TT last night. The line was ridiculously long and they said that the wait for the FP line was close to 45min!

We ended up grabbing dd's Birthday Slushy from Club Cool and getting a great spot for Illuminations.

We couldn't use our 8pm FP for TT last night. The line was ridiculously long and they said that the wait for the FP line was close to 45min!

We ended up grabbing dd's Birthday Slushy from Club Cool and getting a great spot for Illuminations.

The long FP lines are usually due to a ride being down for a while ( probably a thunderstorm) and then coming back up. This has happened to us a LOT in the summer.

The long FP lines are usually due to a ride being down for a while ( probably a thunderstorm) and then coming back up. This has happened to us a LOT in the summer.
It seems different this summer. With lower crowds the FP lines and the standby lines are about equal. It does not seem to matter if you have FP unless it is a big attraction like FoP.

We arrived at the Polynesian last night around 7:30 after a very difficult drive down from CT. Picture the Griswold family in the movie, Vacation. Absolute disaster involving our luggage that careened off of our roof rack; a box truck that ran over it and dragged our main suitcase with sparks flying and nearly bursting into flames; a car chase to get the suitcase; many of our belongings destroyed; the state police...

A lovely pharmacist at CVS got us our medications after pulling strings and doing cartwheels for the insurance company. We are alive and grateful that it wasn’t worse. Things can be replaced.

Today has been wonderful. My daughter bought us Disney champagne flutes to replace the custom made Lenox crystal flutes that were for our vow renewal but were run over on the highway. We are bouncing back and even beginning to laugh. The Polynesian is truly paradise.

We arrived at the Polynesian last night around 7:30 after a very difficult drive down from CT. Picture the Griswold family in the movie, Vacation. Absolute disaster involving our luggage that careened off of our roof rack; a box truck that ran over it and dragged our main suitcase with sparks flying and nearly bursting into flames; a car chase to get the suitcase; many of our belongings destroyed; the state police...

A lovely pharmacist at CVS got us our medications after pulling strings and doing cartwheels for the insurance company. We are alive and grateful that it wasn’t worse. Things can be replaced.

Today has been wonderful. My daughter bought us Disney champagne flutes to replace the custom made Lenox crystal flutes that were for our vow renewal but were run over on the highway. We are bouncing back and even beginning to laugh. The Polynesian is truly paradise.
OMG!! That’s awful! But you are all ok so that’s what matters. The Disney flutes are probably beautiful. The Poly is my favorite resort!! What a place to be to celebrate your anniversary. Glad you had a good day. There are more to come.

Oh my! That start is straight from a movie. I'm glad things are starting to turn around and you're already beginning to laugh about it. I hope the rest of your trip makes up for the beginning.

leaving on Friday for a two day drive down to WDW. I don't know what I can do to make Friday come quicker. In the meantime, I worry that something is gonna go wrong during the week to delay our trip.... Cross my heart and say a prayer.

Wishing everyone a magical trip!!

@Summer2018 I have been thinking about you and hoping you finally made it and were having some fun after your horrible travels. We are checked our and on the ride home. Hope you enjoy your stay and have a wonderful time. :lovestruc

When you rope dropped did they let you guys in early (before 7)? I know that they were doing this right after it opened but I haven't heard if that's still something they're doing. I'm interested in rope dropping, but if they open early we'd have to wake up around 5:30, and I know we wouldn't be back in bed until midnight or later
We were there 7/18 and were walked to Toy Story land at 6:30. It was definitely worth getting up early and doing.

So after a few days here I've noticed the crowds are smaller than the normal summer crowds, but the FP lines are long. In some cases almost as long as the stand-by lines. We used a FP for test track and waited 30 minutes. Standby at 40. Same with ToT today. And it is so hot of course. 99° with a real feel of 111 today. Hydrate!!
We were there last week and I agree about the fp lines being really long. I assume it was beyond rides being down and people using them all later in the day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter