***Official July 2019 thread***

Ugh. I think I need to just suck it up and buy my return airline ticket. I purchased my flight down already using JetBlue points. I've been waiting to see if prices will come down at all but I don't think I'm gonna have much luck. Google Flights has been saying "prices are currently high for your trip" for weeks now, lol. Oh well!

Ugh. I think I need to just suck it up and buy my return airline ticket. I purchased my flight down already using JetBlue points. I've been waiting to see if prices will come down at all but I don't think I'm gonna have much luck. Google Flights has been saying "prices are currently high for your trip" for weeks now, lol. Oh well!

Or maybe it's a sign that you should just stay at Disney World and never return...? ;)

But in all seriousness, we're flying Southwest, and we learned from this that certain airlines (ie, Southwest) just do not get any cheaper, apparently. We bought our tickets in January, and that was waiting slightly too long. But we're coming from CA, so the flight cost is really high in the first place. Oh, well. Worth it!

Just booked DAH at HS for 7/19, our arrival day. Also had to change some other plans (mostly dining) to adjust for it. Now we have all 3 DAH events booked - HS 7/19, AK 7/22, and MK 7/25. Probably completely crazy, but we love the parks after dark and it's just the two of us with no kids, so late nights aren't so hard for us. This trip is probably our last WDW hurrah for a few years - DLR is our home park and Florida is pretty far away - so I figured we should go all out! We cancelled EMM at HS on 7/22 also.

Maybe the plans are final now...? I feel like I just keep tweaking and changing stuff!

Or maybe it's a sign that you should just stay at Disney World and never return...? ;)

But in all seriousness, we're flying Southwest, and we learned from this that certain airlines (ie, Southwest) just do not get any cheaper, apparently. We bought our tickets in January, and that was waiting slightly too long. But we're coming from CA, so the flight cost is really high in the first place. Oh, well. Worth it!

Ha! I wish I could just stay forever, lol.

I wish Southwest was more active by me, they don't fly direct from NY to Orlando. I tend to book JetBlue if possible bc I have their credit card so get 6x miles when I purchase, plus 1 free checked bag.

SIL got the whole day off 6/26 instead of afternoon, so we are leaving early morning now. :car:
Since we will now arrive Thursday, we added a night to YC, and decided to skip EMM at HS July 1st and do DAH at HS 6/28 instead. :)
Doing all 3 DAH, should help with the melting. 🥵
So many extras this trip, rain or sun, we will have plenty of fun! (Am I a poet? :scratchin)

SIL got the whole day off 6/26 instead of afternoon, so we are leaving early morning now. :car:
Since we will now arrive Thursday, we added a night to YC, and decided to skip EMM at HS July 1st and do DAH at HS 6/28 instead. :)
So many extras this trip, rain or sun, we will have plenty of fun! (Am I a poet? :scratchin)
We did the same thing - switched EMM to DAH, so now we're doing all 3, too. So excited, and it definitely should help with the melting! ;)

That's when we arrive too! We're doing DAH that night at HS and at MK the following Monday. But still undecided about the AK one on July 2. I imagine everyone is getting excited since it's getting so close!

Bought my tickets for HS DAH on 7/5. Anyone else going that night???
I am trying to figure out if I should swap out my HS EMM on the 3rd for HS AH on the 5th. Thoughts?
Well we do overlap so that's great! I actually finally put a plan in place about an hour ago 🤣

7/3 coming in later, dinner at GFC and watch fireworks from the GF or back at our resort, the Contemporary
7/4 MK around 2, dinner at Skippers, staying for fireworks and as late as everyone wants
7/5 AK around noon? Dinner at either Y&Y or somewhere else lol and then we're doing DAH at HS
7/6 sleep in, probably a later breakfast at the Wave which we LOVE and then MK, dinner Narccoossee's and then Epcot
7/7 AK, earlier dinner at House of Blues and then whatever park we decide to finish in!

So @areno79 we can hopefully meet on the 4th or at after hours :goodvibes
So far no overlap in plans with us.....
7/3 we are doing 4 parks/1 day with dinner at Ohana and finishing in MK.
7/4 AK, late lunch at Y&Y, Typhoon Lagoon/DS.
7/5 Boma breakfast , resort day. DS.....maybe switch to HS AH from HS EMM???
7/6 HS , switch to Copper Creek. Geyser Point/MK?
7/7 Brunch at the Top!!!!!! AK evening.

Hopefully we can work out a meet up in there somewhere. :)

I am trying to figure out if I should swap out my HS EMM on the 3rd for HS AH on the 5th. Thoughts?

I switched us from EMM to AH. No one wanted to get up that early. It's 3 hours instead of 90 minutes. We didn't care about the breakfast. It also allowed us to condense HS into one day rather than one evening plus EMM.

I see you have it booked on a 4 park day, so it might still work for you to do the EMM.

Well, I've given up on trying to get the MK dessert party for July 4th. Today Disney announced this DVC event at the Top of the World Lounge, so I booked this for us instead:
https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...-celebrate-america-from-the-top-of-the-world/I mean...it does include open bar so it has THAT as a positive over the MK dessert party. LOL
I'll cancel our Chef Mickey's dinner reservation and have a lighter dinner though. Then we'll hop over to MK after the fireworks are over.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!