****Official DLR July Check In 2.0****

There is a new update on the DLR app. I posted it at the bottom of the first post. One thing I underlined..”park admission is not guaranteed” makes me nervous. I don’t want to spend the money for the GCH plus part tickets with hoppers and MaxPass and not get into the parks. I will give it a few more weeks before I decide.

There is a new update on the DLR app. I posted it at the bottom of the first post. One thing I underlined..”park admission is not guaranteed” makes me nervous. I don’t want to spend the money for the GCH plus part tickets with hoppers and MaxPass and not get into the parks. I will give it a few more weeks before I decide.

I would have to imagine that they would be giving priority to onsite guests otherwise you’ll have some pretty upset individuals. I know I’d be pissed if I end up dropping the $7,000 to take our trip in July (GCH Club level + Max Pass tix) and we aren’t able to get into the parks every single day we are there.

I would have to imagine that they would be giving priority to onsite guests otherwise you’ll have some pretty upset individuals. I know I’d be pissed if I end up dropping the $7,000 to take our trip in July (GCH Club level + Max Pass tix) and we aren’t able to get into the parks every single day we are there.
I hope you are right personally :)

For everyone planning trips in April 2021! I will be there in the first week of April with my kids’ band. So I will see you all in the 2021 post!

I hope you are right personally :)

For everyone planning trips in April 2021! I will be there in the first week of April with my kids’ band. So I will see you all in the 2021 post!
I went a few years ago with my daughter's band. I hope you are doing the create a soundtrack "tour." It was one of THE coolest things I've ever seen.

I haven't cancelled our end of July reservations yet, but I'm pretty close. DD17 and I went to the bank this week to open her checking account for college :-)love:) and after an hour of wearing her mask, in a relatively cool building, she was ready to pass out. I just don't see us being able to spends days at the park in the July heat wearing masks.

I haven't cancelled our end of July reservations yet, but I'm pretty close. DD17 and I went to the bank this week to open her checking account for college :-)love:) and after an hour of wearing her mask, in a relatively cool building, she was ready to pass out. I just don't see us being able to spends days at the park in the July heat wearing masks.

I’m very close to cancelling our trip as well now. I just don’t think there is even the smallest of chances that we’ll be able to get our 3.5 & 5.5 year olds to keep a mask on all day at DL. If they are going to be anywhere close to strict about mask wearing for the kids I’d rather not spend $7k on a week long vacation and having to spend most of the days battling the kids with keeping a mask on...seems like a good way to ruin a vacation. I’m still holding out to see what formal reopening plans will look like but if those still haven’t been released by mid-June we’ll definitely cancel as I don’t want to have to pay the balance in full and have money tied up on something we know likely won’t be happening.

This is one of the reasons we have already cancelled our mid July trip. Masks and heat...not fun at all. Plus all the uncertainty. It was too much.
Congrats to your daughter on starting college!

This is one of the reasons we have already cancelled our mid July trip. Masks and heat...not fun at all. Plus all the uncertainty. It was too much.
Congrats to your daughter on starting college!

Thanks so much! Now we just have our fingers crossed she'll actually be able to go! :flower1: She's headed to Sonoma Sate. They haven't made an official announcement if they'll be in person or on line, but expect to by the end of the month. The only advantage of being online, is that we could much more easily do a weekend make-up trip in the fall if we wanted to. I'm keeping that open as a possibility.
We did buy her the Mickey Luggage from Costco as a gift, and I'm getting her a few accessories to go with it. Doing our best to make things special for her!

Thanks so much! Now we just have our fingers crossed she'll actually be able to go! :flower1: She's headed to Sonoma Sate. They haven't made an official announcement if they'll be in person or on line, but expect to by the end of the month. The only advantage of being online, is that we could much more easily do a weekend make-up trip in the fall if we wanted to. I'm keeping that open as a possibility.
We did buy her the Mickey Luggage from Costco as a gift, and I'm getting her a few accessories to go with it. Doing our best to make things special for her!
Sonoma State is a beautiful campus. Even if it takes her an extra semester to get there in person, she’ll love it. 🙂

I went a few years ago with my daughter's band. I hope you are doing the create a soundtrack "tour." It was one of THE coolest things I've ever seen.
In the past the band has been able to do that, they go every four years. This trip will be my daughter’s senior year and my son’s freshman year. Right now we aren’t able to get in a tryout video because no school=no practice=no parades. We are hoping we will be able to use this years televised Veterans Day parade video as a tryout video.

My sister, mom, niece and I have a trip booked July 9-16 VGC. My sister rented points so if the resort is open, we will be there. If we can't get into the parks, we won't be happy since the hotel is nonrefundable if open and we have already purchased 5 day parkhoppers. If we could postpone the trip, we would. We are kinda in limbo right now... wanting to be excited for a vacation, but not having much hope. This was supposed to be a once-in-a-lifetime trip. I'm lucky that I have worked steadily through the stay-at-home order (live in WA), but I really need a vacation at this point. First world problems...I know.

My sister, mom, niece and I have a trip booked July 9-16 VGC. My sister rented points so if the resort is open, we will be there. If we can't get into the parks, we won't be happy since the hotel is nonrefundable if open and we have already purchased 5 day parkhoppers. If we could postpone the trip, we would. We are kinda in limbo right now... wanting to be excited for a vacation, but not having much hope. This was supposed to be a once-in-a-lifetime trip. I'm lucky that I have worked steadily through the stay-at-home order (live in WA), but I really need a vacation at this point. First world problems...I know.

We are booked July 6-10. We aren’t sure it will happen either. It’s weird not getting exciting for such a big trip. We aren’t doing any planning or talking about it either. I hope it happens!!

We are booked July 6-10. We aren’t sure it will happen either. It’s weird not getting exciting for such a big trip. We aren’t doing any planning or talking about it either. I hope it happens!!
It really is weird. I was so excited and had all these plans. Now, nothing. It would be easier if I knew it wasn't going to happen.

So currently scheduled 7/23-7/26 at the Grand concierge level, thinking our chances are about 50-50. I did notice that we are not able to make any dining reservations even though we are within the 60 day period. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Thanks soooooo much for starting this new thread!!! As you can tell I went off for awhile but am back! I am NOT going to be able to go this July which is sad (doubt the border will be open from Canada and with a daughter with autoimune issues it's just not worth it). We are planning on going July 2021 as well as our friends as well. So all 3 families in our group have moved from this year to next!!! Kids are sooo excited to be able to hang out with friends while we are there!

https://www.ocregister.com/2020/05/...theme-parks-can-reopen-in-stage-3-state-says/So .... July trips might actually happen? I've got until June 23 to cancel with no penalty, and I'm okay with a resort only trip if the parks open before Labor Day.

This is the most hope I've had for July in a long time. Especially if we can get into the parks for even one of the three days of my trip.

Saw this article today! It's the most hopeful I've been in awhile, for sure. We were originally booked for mid June to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary. We've been wondering if maybe a July trip would be possible, in the parks for a day or two. But I'm a teacher and with the craziness about school right now, it's been very hard for me to believe that DLR would open in any capacity this summer. We're only a 7 hour drive away and DH can get time off pretty easily, so we won't need much notice to jump on it if/when they do ticket reservations. The mask thing would be tough, but I'm starting to think it would be worth it....

I don't know, I have such mixed feelings, but it's still DISNEYLAND.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!