Official June 2008 code watch

OMG, I am so psyched! I have been trying to justify staying at the Poly for weeks now. It is my first choice, but there are six of us going this time. Thanks to my lapse in judgment of letting each of my two kids bring a friend. Anyway, needless to say I had to either get a suite or two rooms. Obviously, extremely expensive at the Polynesian. I settled (pathatic and spoiled of me to say) for the Jr. Suite at the Wilderness Lodge, concierge level. Excited over that, but not over the WL. The lodge is very beautiful, but if I want to pretend to be in Colorado then I will go there next winter and ski. I am from Ohio and I need to feel like I'm in Florida. Well, I got the Jr. Suite for $575.00 per night, plus tax-of course! It's about 500 sq ft, rather small for all six of us I think, but I really wanted to stay up by the Magic Kingdom and could only get the Poly. for $399.00 w/ my AAA rate- oh, plus tax. When passholder discounts came out yesterday, I called three times to try for the Poly. NOTHING! And as my luck has it there is not a discount at all on the room I already have and paid for at the WL! I was not happy. Until...............I called this morning and actually got two connecting rooms at the Poly. at a discounted rate of $303.00, per night per room- oh, plus tax! Can you believe that? I had to pay an extra $34.00 in the difference from my 500 sq ft room at the WL to my two 400 sq ft rooms at the Poly!!!!!!!!!!! Keep trying for what you want and don't give up. I'm so thrilled I just can't sit still. Exactly one month from today I will be living the Magic.

I just tried using the codes for our stay June 4 - 15 at the Beach Club but there were no rooms available for the code....ugh:scared: Anyways, we are going to Disney and if we get rooms with a code good if not good too!:goodvibes

Hi all -

I was able to secure my coveted Poly reservation for June 4 -12, and dropped a recently added GF reservation for garden view of $339 a night.

We just happen to prefer the Poly, and are so very excited to secure the rate.

Oh, and a tip - our dates were not available at the Poly for our whole stay, but castmember Leonard (you rock!! :thumbsup2 ) graciously offered to look day by day to see if there was availability for any part of the stay. We were able to get the first 8 nights at the reduced rate. :cool1:

Good luck to all

With the new Public code, is it only good for Deluxe and Villas? Anything at Moderates?

I just called and was told only a few rooms like villas were available. so im sticking with the ap rate

I just got off the phone with a great CM. She changed my AKL ressies for June 28th - July 4th to the AP rates at $179 a night. I didn't save too much over my previous ressies with the pin code, only $67, but now if I want the dining plan (I haven't decided yet), I won't have to purchase a 1 day pass for each of us. That will save a lot more.

I'm just pretty happy we get to stay at AKL at such good rates!

I just successfully was able to book the Contemporary under the Florida Resident code, even though last week nothing was available at that resort under the code. Our total room price for four nights in the Tower, Theme Park view went from $2092 to $1683 with the code! :cool1:

As of a few minutes ago they had garden wing and tower rooms available with the code (both Bay Lake and Theme Park views).

Just thought I'd pass along the info! :goodvibes

I just successfully was able to book the Contemporary under the Florida Resident code, even though last week nothing was available at that resort under the code. Our total room price for four nights in the Tower, Theme Park view went from $2092 to $1683 with the code! :cool1:

As of a few minutes ago they had garden wing and tower rooms available with the code (both Bay Lake and Theme Park views).

Just thought I'd pass along the info! :goodvibes

Thank you VERY MUCH for passing along that info! We just booked the CR under the Florida Resident code (DS is Florida resident) and saved $400 over our existing ressie!

Thank you VERY MUCH for passing along that info! We just booked the CR under the Florida Resident code (DS is Florida resident) and saved $400 over our existing ressie!

Awesome! That's just about what we saved as well! :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!