***Official June 2018***

anyone heard any rumblings as to possible discounts coming for june stays?
we are currently booked 6/12-6/23, but if discounts were good, i was thinking of adding a few days to the end, but also want to get my plane tickets asap.
Historically speaking, late June (and the rest of summer season) discounts drop around the end of March.

Lucky enough to have a conference at CSR June 3-8, and we will be taking advantage of the conference room rates and adding a few days so that our stay will be June 3-12:banana:

Welcome! Coronado is a favorite of mine, hope you have a great time!

So, driving to The World a week from Saturday for my quickie solo trip. I was originally going to do the Frozen Dessert Party on Saturday night, but given that Epcot is going to be a zoo, and I'd really rather focus my culinary efforts on the food booths, I've nixed it in favor of an earlier night. SO, when I get back to the room, I've got a phone call to make: trying to get my June reservations converted to Bounceback rates. Somehow. 25% and 30% look a heck of a lot better than the 20% I've got now, which doesn't even include our last night.

Come on, pixie dust!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :tinker:

My plans are on hold as DD decided to apply for DCP summer alumni program! She wants Disneyland - if she gets it then we will likely plan a quick trip at end of summer (she will have free tickets for us to use) and no need to add her to World reservations for June
If she gets World then I don't need a ticket for her, but will need her on reservations. If she gets neither then will need ticket and add her to FP and ADRs. Ugh! I don't want to buy ticket now for her just in case as we won't be back before 2021 after this year...guess I'm gonna hope she hears before April 4!

Update time again. There will be a few changes, and probably more down the road as I peruse the available crowd calendars...

6/2 - Not sure DD will still want to do BBB. She recently told me what she wants to be for Halloween this year: Not a princess, but a sabre-toothed tiger! Don't know where she got such an idea, but she may be cooling it a little on her princess mania. We'll just have to see. Can't wait to try online ordering at Pinocchio's!
6/6 - I've pretty much decided against BOG. Instead, I want to do breakfast at Ohana. I think we'll walk from TTC to Poly and after we eat we can ride the monorail to MK. The kids will finally get to meet Mickey!
6/7 - I've heard Legoland is huge with locals and gets extra busy on the weekends, so we may do Legoland today instead of USO.
6/8 - Possible new USO/IOA day
6/9 - Possible new USO/IOA day #2. I'm debating on whether I even want to mess with VB. If the pool upgrades are finished at WH, the kids may be happy with that as far as fun in the water.

Another development that may make this trip interesting: I learned that, quite coincidentally, DS's marching band is planning on making a trip to Orlando about the same week we are! DS will not enjoy a 20+hr bus ride, nor will he be able to share a hotel room with 3 other boys, so he will not be joining them on the trip. However, if we can arrange to be at the same park as his team's scheduled performance (once their schedule is finalized) he may still get to play with his band. It would then be a question of who would be in charge of transporting his instrument and uniform. Of course, we'll be flying Southwest, with their awesome 2 free checked bags per passenger, so I don't think it will be a problem. Another one for the Wait-and-see-what-happens pile.

242 days to go!!!!:yay:

Got a real update this time. Due to picking the most affordable flights available, I decided to move our whole trip up a day.

5/31 - arrive at MCO very late. No time to do anything but pick up the rental car, drive to Windsor Hills, and sleep.
6/1 - moving HS day here. Probably leave early and visit Disney Springs, especially if Toy Story Land isn't open yet.
6/2 - still MK day #1. DD10 still wants to do BBB, believe it or not. She'll be bringing her own dress this time.
6/3 - still Epcot day.
6/4 - moving AK here. Was able to move our RFC ressies with no problem. But it's not exactly Be Our Guest, is it?
6/5 - still MK day #2 after breakfast at Ohana.
6/6 - new Legoland Day.
6/7 - Universal day #1.
6/8 - Universal day #2. If I decide to do the Cafe 4 character meal, it will be tonight.
6/9 - thanks to Undercover Tourist, we got a third Universal day at little or no extra cost. We can spend about half a day here since our flight home doesn't leave until 7:45.
Flights booked! Park tickets bought! All we need is a good deal on a rental car. This s&#*! is getting real!

EDITED: DD10 is doing BBB on our first MK day, not 2nd.

Last edited:
Do we know if and roughly when June’s hours will be extended or is this it?

Joining in....June 5-13 BWV with my parents and love

I would imagine we'll see some hours extended -- particularly at AK & MK. I would think MK will be extended to at least 11:00 every night and AK will probably be extended to 10 or 11...at least that's been our experience for our past June trips. There could be some 8:00 a.m. openings at MK as well. They will potentially continue to adjust the hours up until the day of.

We are definitely hoping for some extended hours at AK, especially since with our current touring plan we wont have much time to spend in Pandora during the nighttime hours, so some extra time would be great. I am also seriously hoping for an additional showing of ROL. Last year of looks like there was a extra show so i am hoping that happens again this year. MK extended hours would be great too, obviously, but at least we can hit EMH there if we need to. so far AK and HS dont have any evening EMH whatsoever.

Has anybody done a June trip that included only one night at HS, that was able to see Fantasmic as well as Star Wars fireworks on the same night? We havent been or seen the fireworks, but we arent huge star wars fans either. But still, if we could see both on that night, it would be fun. Is it possible? Or is the 5 minutes after Fantasmic ends not enough to get in place for the fireworks?

Also, i keep forgetting. We are staying at Old Key West, the hubs and I, my mom and our 3 girls (8, 4 & 9mos). June 12-19

On the hunt for a CRT or BOG on the evening of the 13th, so if anybody is looking to cancel, PLEASE let me know!

Last edited:

They may extend here and there but usually their last major extension is about mid May for June.

I would imagine we'll see some hours extended -- particularly at AK & MK. I would think MK will be extended to at least 11:00 every night and AK will probably be extended to 10 or 11...at least that's been our experience for our past June trips. There could be some 8:00 a.m. openings at MK as well. They will potentially continue to adjust the hours up until the day of.
Unless my memory is totally shot, which is possible, this is what I remember:

We have been the last two Junes, the first week both trips. As far as MK, 2016 we had some 8am openings and mostly 11pm closings. 2017, no 8am openings and one 11pm close (the rest were 10). I fully admit I did not completely research the rest of June but from what I saw on the Dis, it wasn't too much better.

For AK, Pandora was brand new so I'm not sure if we can go by anything that happened. They had EMH every morning and every night that we were there, I think. They did have later nights in 2016 also. They had just introduced nighttime (again) at AK...so I suppose it is possible they will want to continue with that.

We are definitely hoping for some extended hours at AK, especially since with our current touring plan we wont have much time to spend in Pandora during the nighttime hours, so some extra time would be great. I am also seriously hoping for an additional showing of ROL. Last year of looks like there was a extra show so i am hoping that happens again this year. MK extended hours would be great too, obviously, but at least we can hit EMH there if we need to. so far AK and HS dont have any evening EMH whatsoever.

Has anybody done a June trip that included only one night at HS, that was able to see Fantasmic as well as Star Wars fireworks on the same night? We havent been or seen the fireworks, but we arent huge star wars fans either. But still, if we could see both on that night, it would be fun. Is it possible? Or is the 5 minutes after Fantasmic ends not enough to get in place for the fireworks?
I have heard of people who had done it, but I don't think it is easy. The theatre for Fantasmic is huge and you can easily get stuck in the crowd leaving. You would need to be very deliberate about choosing your seating (close to the exit) and you may have to leave a few minutes early. Some people will argue this is rude to both the crowd and the performers, though. Also, you may not be able to get a great spot for Star Wars because the show is mostly projections and there aren't a lot of great spots to be grabbed last minute. But if you are okay with seeing it without a great view, then it may work.

We ended up doing 1.5 days at DHS just so we could do Fantasmic one night and Star Wars the other. We actually did the SW Dessert Party so we would be assured of a good view without staking out a spot in advance.

Now that you mention it, last year when we went in June we were able to do both in our one night. I do remember it was a rush to get over to the fireworks, and we couldn't find a great spot. The problem is that people who didn't see Fantasmic had probably already staked out spots and then it seemed like everyone who saw Fantasmic was also planning on seeing the fireworks.

So its possible, but you may not get great viewing spots. If you aren't huge fans though, it might not be necessary to have a perfect view.

They may extend here and there but usually their last major extension is about mid May for June.

Unless my memory is totally shot, which is possible, this is what I remember:

We have been the last two Junes, the first week both trips. As far as MK, 2016 we had some 8am openings and mostly 11pm closings. 2017, no 8am openings and one 11pm close (the rest were 10). I fully admit I did not completely research the rest of June but from what I saw on the Dis, it wasn't too much better.

For AK, Pandora was brand new so I'm not sure if we can go by anything that happened. They had EMH every morning and every night that we were there, I think. They did have later nights in 2016 also. They had just introduced nighttime (again) at AK...so I suppose it is possible they will want to continue with that.

We go later in June so I think the hours get later (at least at MK) as the month goes on. I pulled out my notes from our June 2016 trip (3rd week in June) and we definitely had 2 nights that MK was open until midnight for regular hours. One of those was an EMH night so it was actually open until 2:00 a.m. -- which I clearly remember because we stayed to watch the Kiss Goodnight that night...at 2:10 a.m. There were also three 8:00 a.m. openings that week. And AK was open until 11:00 that week as well even though Pandora wasn't open yet. That was when they had that horrible Jungle Book show and started the evening/night time safaris and other night-time entertainment. DHS was open until 10:00 that week. We didn't go to Disney in 2017, so I don't have notes from that year but I do remember people saying the hours weren't as late as they had been in the past (though they added some "pay to play" nights at MK, I think). I know that for our 2015 trip, the hours for MK changed (adding 8:00 a.m. openings) about 2 weeks before we arrived -- I remember because it affected our plans for our MK day. We've also had park hours extended while we were there but I can't remember what year that was. I just remember that there was a sign in the hotel lobby and there were announcements when we got to the park that day.

I miss the days that MK was open until at least midnight (and sometimes 1:00 a.m.). :(

We go later in June so I think the hours get later (at least at MK) as the month goes on. I pulled out my notes from our June 2016 trip (3rd week in June) and we definitely had 2 nights that MK was open until midnight for regular hours. One of those was an EMH night so it was actually open until 2:00 a.m. -- which I clearly remember because we stayed to watch the Kiss Goodnight that night...at 2:10 a.m. There were also three 8:00 a.m. openings that week. And AK was open until 11:00 that week as well even though Pandora wasn't open yet. That was when they had that horrible Jungle Book show and started the evening/night time safaris and other night-time entertainment. DHS was open until 10:00 that week. We didn't go to Disney in 2017, so I don't have notes from that year but I do remember people saying the hours weren't as late as they had been in the past (though they added some "pay to play" nights at MK, I think). I know that for our 2015 trip, the hours for MK changed (adding 8:00 a.m. openings) about 2 weeks before we arrived -- I remember because it affected our plans for our MK day. We've also had park hours extended while we were there but I can't remember what year that was. I just remember that there was a sign in the hotel lobby and there were announcements when we got to the park that day.

I miss the days that MK was open until at least midnight (and sometimes 1:00 a.m.). :(
Yeh, there were definitely later and early hours in 2016. Not so much in 2017. :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!