***Official June 2018***

Gonna miss. June 16-22. Son is gonna be a little upset. Now what to do with the HS park day we have planned.

Well I kind of expected it to be sometime in June not so late though, they might as well done July 1 :p I mean secretly I was hoping for a Mem Day opening, since our trip spans May 29-June 9, but now kinda glad. I am hoping the crowds may not be as bad since people will want to wait until the TSL opening. Fingers crossed anyway!!

However I do wonder how TSM will be in May once the dates are up for the standby only lines.. I wonder if all 3 tracks will be open, will they reinstate fast passes for us??

So, we will be there the 12-19, so we will obviously miss the scheduled opening, but ,my mom is an AP and a DVC. How do soft openings work? They will only let AP people in but not their guests, right? Does DVC work that way too, or can our entire party go in with her DVC card? Also, any ideas on when the soft openings will be, are they just the last couple of weeks before opening, or are they before that? Sorry, we have just never done any soft openings before, so im full of questions!

So, we will be there the 12-19, so we will obviously miss the scheduled opening, but ,my mom is an AP and a DVC. How do soft openings work? They will only let AP people in but not their guests, right? Does DVC work that way too, or can our entire party go in with her DVC card? Also, any ideas on when the soft openings will be, are they just the last couple of weeks before opening, or are they before that? Sorry, we have just never done any soft openings before, so im full of questions!

It really depends on whether or not they'll repeat the procedure they used for Pandora. I will say, based on the information in the Toy Story thread, people with an AP reservation- all had to have APs to enter. Those who had a DVC reservation, you just have to be there on the DVC stay. That makes sense because children under 18 are not usually on the deed. I would subscribe and stay up to date on this thread: https://www.disboards.com/threads/o...ormation-thread.3661485/page-22#post-58829160

You can click watch thread and choose whether you want to receive emails with new posts. You can the access any watched threads on the menu bar above, click watched threads and it will show there. That is how I keep up with many different threads on the Disboards including this one.

Just returned yesterday we were there Feb 10-15! Gorgeous weather, the crowds were pretty heavy which we expected. Lots of large touring groups. We had a good plans mapped out each day so the crowds really were not an issue. I had lots of luck with extra Fastpasses by refreshing a bit. Got 7DMT one night then got it again while we were waiting in line to get on. We didn't plan an Epcot day knowing we would end up spending some evenings there to enjoy the Festival and I still managed to get extra Fastpasses for TT, Sorin' and FEA. We had an awesome time. I changed our original June reservation around some we are now the 4-9 at POP and 9-11 at WL. Used the BB offer for 20 off at POP and 30 off at WL. It was better than the current AP rate out. Kinda bummed about not being there for TSL opening but crossing my fingers there could be an AP preview available while we are there. 108 more days!

The TSL opening doesn’t affect me bc we are only doing MK in June but we will be back in October so I’m pushing for a DHS day then. Originally we were planning just a MNSSHP but then tossed around the idea of a day at another park....so we’ll see.

Just returned yesterday we were there Feb 10-15! Gorgeous weather, the crowds were pretty heavy which we expected. Lots of large touring groups. We had a good plans mapped out each day so the crowds really were not an issue. I had lots of luck with extra Fastpasses by refreshing a bit. Got 7DMT one night then got it again while we were waiting in line to get on. We didn't plan an Epcot day knowing we would end up spending some evenings there to enjoy the Festival and I still managed to get extra Fastpasses for TT, Sorin' and FEA. We had an awesome time. I changed our original June reservation around some we are now the 4-9 at POP and 9-11 at WL. Used the BB offer for 20 off at POP and 30 off at WL. It was better than the current AP rate out. Kinda bummed about not being there for TSL opening but crossing my fingers there could be an AP preview available while we are there. 108 more days!

Sounds great! We're usually only a party of two so we usually luck out in the extra fastpass per day thing. I'm gonna bet the previews start on the 8th because we leave the day before. I'll be keeping an eye on my email (as if I don't already...) so I'll be sure to update if I see anything.

Just realized I joined the July thread, but my trip really starts in June! 6/27-30 at CSR, on the Gulf Coast for a week, and back at Disney 7/7-11. We haven't booked our 2nd resort yet, waiting for discounts. I guess we will hit up Toy Story Land on our 2nd 1/2. I will be on my own with my 3 kids on the 30th, and I am not sure I want to brace the madness of opening day!

ugh...getting nervous about Toy Story Mania being fully open in June...this was on the Touring Plans FB page today...

Temporary Changes to Toy Story Mania Capacity This Spring
Disney is doing construction work at Toy Story Mania to prepare for this summer’s opening of Toy Story Land at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. As part of that work, Toy Story Mania will not offer FastPass+ for parts of April and May, 2018. In addition, we expect at least one of Toy Story Mania’s three ride tracks to be closed.

We'll be there June 8-14 and I just wonder/worry if they'll let everyone use the brand new opening to the ride that's located inside the TS Land even though it won't be fully open....

YIKES!

ugh...getting nervous about Toy Story Mania being fully open in June...this was on the Touring Plans FB page today...

Temporary Changes to Toy Story Mania Capacity This Spring
Disney is doing construction work at Toy Story Mania to prepare for this summer’s opening of Toy Story Land at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. As part of that work, Toy Story Mania will not offer FastPass+ for parts of April and May, 2018. In addition, we expect at least one of Toy Story Mania’s three ride tracks to be closed.

We'll be there June 8-14 and I just wonder/worry if they'll let everyone use the brand new opening to the ride that's located inside the TS Land even though it won't be fully open....

YIKES!

It's really hard to say. I think we'll all just have to wait and see.

I added to our trip when the AP discounts came out last week! We added June 3-7 CSR. We've never stayed there so its new to us.

Quick update: Not much new to report except I found all our magic bands from our 2015 trip, which will make admission and fastpasses and photopass easier to negotiate. That is, IF they still work after 3 years. If not, I still have the cards, so no biggie.
Still waiting on the rental car. Also considering staying a night in Dallas after we return on the 9th since it will be almost midnight and it's another hour back to Burleson.

99 DAYS AND COUNTING! DOING THE DOUBLE-DIGIT DANCE!

:dogdance::yay::rockband::dancer::banana:party:

Quick update: Not much new to report except I found all our magic bands from our 2015 trip, which will make admission and fastpasses and photopass easier to negotiate. That is, IF they still work after 3 years. If not, I still have the cards, so no biggie.
Still waiting on the rental car. Also considering staying a night in Dallas after we return on the 9th since it will be almost midnight and it's another hour back to Burleson.

99 DAYS AND COUNTING! DOING THE DOUBLE-DIGIT DANCE!

:dogdance::yay::rockband::dancer::banana:party:

They should at least work for tapping into the rides, but may not grab pictures automatically!

SO! No Bounceback rooms available at POR during that part of our stay, but that's fine. The only BWI CL rooms were the big suites, so that was out. BUT, YC CL had a DANDY rate, and that's what we're going to do.

It's now official (even my signature has been updated): June 2 - 7 POR, June 7 - 12 YC CL.

I was a bit concerned DS would be disappointed about BWI, but, as I quoted over on the YC/BC board, he said "Yacht Club is home. And that clown pool really DOES creep me out..."

:D

SO! No Bounceback rooms available at POR during that part of our stay, but that's fine. The only BWI CL rooms were the big suites, so that was out. BUT, YC CL had a DANDY rate, and that's what we're going to do.

It's now official (even my signature has been updated): June 2 - 7 POR, June 7 - 12 YC CL.

I was a bit concerned DS would be disappointed about BWI, but, as I quoted over on the YC/BC board, he said "Yacht Club is home. And that clown pool really DOES creep me out..."

:D

It always feels like such an ordeal to get the rooms you want doesn't it? I'm halfway considering changing to a regular cash reservation for October but the boy wants to stay at Bay Lake again. Go figure, he got spoiled by DVC already! :rotfl:

It always feels like such an ordeal to get the rooms you want doesn't it? I'm halfway considering changing to a regular cash reservation for October but the boy wants to stay at Bay Lake again. Go figure, he got spoiled by DVC already! :rotfl:
That WILL happen. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!