***Official June 2018***

I'm only 18 days away from having my ADRs! Dessert parties need to be booked then too correct? What places week everyone is trying to get reservations for?

I'm only 18 days away from having my ADRs! Dessert parties need to be booked then too correct? What places week everyone is trying to get reservations for?

In my experience, the dessert parties don't get loaded until closer to the date, at least for Star Wars. I can't recall if the Happily Ever After ones are loaded that far in advance, but it doesn't hurt to look. I only have a couple "tough" reservations so if I don't get them right away I'll just throw them in touring plans and wait. Our most favorites are 'Ohana dinner and Be Our Guest lunch, so anything else we'll try to pick up closer to FP time!

I am thinking of only booking a few dining reservations this time and not being on such a schedule, but I am afraid that I'm going to regret it. We are going to do Sci-Fi, Ohana breakfast, Teppan Edo, BOG dinner and CP breakfast and the SW dessert party. Sci-Fi and Teppan are the only ones that we have never done.

Wow getting a few people at CBR at the same time, so fun! ADR day is coming up soon isn't it? The only real pressing things are 'Ohana dinner and BoG lunch. Everything else we can probably wait and see how fastpasses go. But I know a lot of people like to get all their ADRs out of the way as soon as possible, maybe they don't change their mind as much as I do :)
We pretty much have our time planned out. Arrival Sunday we will just do QS at WL probably and try for the campfire and movie. Monday will be a resort day with pool time and maybe water craft rental, Sanaa for early dinner and Top of the World Lounge for HEA viewing. Tuesday is MK. Hoping for Early Morning Magic that day and BOG dinner. Wednesday is Disney Springs and QS at The Polite Pig. Hoop Dee Doo for dinner.

My ADR day is Dec 5th so I will probably take a half day off so I can just concentrate on getting all that stuff booked. Not too worried about much except BOG dinner but it is 3 days into our trip and we will probably do around 5:30 so we can spend the majority of the evening enjoying the rides.

I know this is all up to Disney and we can only speculate, but do you guys think it's likely that we'll see PM EMH for 11pm-1am, like last year? I've never been to WDW in the Summer and don't really know what to expect.

I'm very hopeful for it, at least on Wednesday nights. Even with the Pandora EMH they did some late nights at least once per week at MK. But who knows, maybe they'll decide to do that at HS and AK instead of MK.
When I looked at the mid week May hours, it had EMH at MK on the Monday...which I know is not normal. I need to look more and see if that's a permanent change or not. Not that it affects us as we are doing only the one park day at MK on Tuesday.

ETA: Just looked again, It is just the one week of May 6, where EMH is Monday night. The next week it goes back to the Wednesday so not sure what is going on there.

Last edited:
When I looked at the mid week May hours, it had EMH at MK on the Monday...which I know is not normal. I need to look more and see if that's a permanent change or not. Not that it affects us as we are doing only the one park day at MK on Tuesday.

Thanks for the heads up! I'll have to take a look at that as well, currently I have Epcot penciled in on Monday evening.

Has anybody done the Star Wars dessert party at HS? We've done the MK dessert party and I think my daughter would love this as she is a Star Wars fan.
We did it and had a good time. I would definitely schedule it again but it was awkward without tables. I would definitely do things different though. We didn't get to do any of the meets together as a family because we tried to hold on to our table, so adults would take turns with the kids or one kid, while one adult stayed back. But I think next time, I would either do food and drinks first and character meets next or vice versa. I wouldn't try to do both at the same time. Or for us, we would actually like to put the boys in a kids' club that night and do the party as a "date night" thing.

Thanks for the heads up! I'll have to take a look at that as well, currently I have Epcot penciled in on Monday evening.
I edited my post because I went back and looked and it is only the week of May 6th that had MK PM EMH on the Monday. The next week it goes back to the Wednesday night.

I edited my post because I went back and looked and it is only the week of May 6th that had MK PM EMH on the Monday. The next week it goes back to the Wednesday night.

Oh that's very strange, but who knows with WDW schedules lol

I don't want to say that I'm IN yet because I haven't even booked yet, but I'm "working" on convincing DH that we NEED to go back again in June! We'd be there June 8-14 and we'll be BACK at the Wilderness Lodge - we haven't stayed there since 2010!!

Fingers crossed and breath held that DH agrees..and as I told him last night..."no pressure, but if we're going to do Disney, I need to book dining in 21 days".....and now I'm at 20 days today!! ARGH!! :scared:

Just in case, I'm already working on my spreadsheet for dining - a Disney planner can never be too prepared, right?? :rolleyes1:rolleyes1

(and it may be that I go ahead and book dining one day at a time if he hasn't agreed to the trip come my 180 day deadline!!..:crazy:)

Count us in for June 2-10 at Art of Animation!!! ADR's planned and working on FP!! So excited!

You're in, welcome aboard!

I don't want to say that I'm IN yet because I haven't even booked yet, but I'm "working" on convincing DH that we NEED to go back again in June! We'd be there June 8-14 and we'll be BACK at the Wilderness Lodge - we haven't stayed there since 2010!!

Fingers crossed and breath held that DH agrees..and as I told him last night..."no pressure, but if we're going to do Disney, I need to book dining in 21 days".....and now I'm at 20 days today!! ARGH!! :scared:

Just in case, I'm already working on my spreadsheet for dining - a Disney planner can never be too prepared, right?? :rolleyes1:rolleyes1

(and it may be that I go ahead and book dining one day at a time if he hasn't agreed to the trip come my 180 day deadline!!..:crazy:)

Girl, I got you on here so I guess you better tell your husband it's on! As you know, there's no lies on the internet, not at all ;)

Just booked our trip. June 1-10 for me and daughters who will be 11 and 10. We have a split stay....first 5 days at ASMu and 2nd half at FQ. Can't wait!!!!
You MUST savor the beignets of incredible deliciousiticity at FQ!!! And since you've got pool privileges at Riverside, do pop over and enjoy Ol' Man Island!!!!!

Belle844 / June 1-10 / split stay ASMu and 2nd half at FQ
Just booked our trip. June 1-10 for me and daughters who will be 11 and 10. We have a split stay....first 5 days at ASMu and 2nd half at FQ. Can't wait!!!!

Ok you're in, welcome aboard! I've always wanted to sneak over to Port Orleans and try those aforementioned beignets and get some dinner at Boatwrights (at Riverside) so do enjoy it!

Please remove us :( I'm going to have to reschedule due to school/work conflicts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!